What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    All the grocery stores here finally stopped using plastic bags and I'm really happy about that. Of course... some people are complaining because they have to buy reusable ones 🙄 People complain too much

Any tips on remembering to bring my bags in with me? I keep forgetting them in the car

Don't worry, once you start to look at county's not already doing this as Neanderthal cultures, you'll feel all upity about it and be like... "Oohhh I better grab my bags", every time 🤷🏽‍♂️...
    Lol. We’re already doing it in my state but i still wind up loading my cart without bags and having to repack at the car

Cashiers went from putting 1-3 things in a plastic bag so your 20 items took up 15 bags...., to tossing everything in a reusable one. They need to have classes on how to pack those things!

Maybe I’m better off just keeping on like i am. She scans, i place in cart, i wheel cart out to my car, i pack everything into plastic hampers and reusable bags.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    All the grocery stores here finally stopped using plastic bags and I'm really happy about that. Of course... some people are complaining because they have to buy reusable ones 🙄 People complain too much

Any tips on remembering to bring my bags in with me? I keep forgetting them in the car

Don't worry, once you start to look at county's not already doing this as Neanderthal cultures, you'll feel all upity about it and be like... "Oohhh I better grab my bags", every time 🤷🏽‍♂️...
    Lol. We’re already doing it in my state but i still wind up loading my cart without bags and having to repack at the car

Cashiers went from putting 1-3 things in a plastic bag so your 20 items took up 15 bags...., to tossing everything in a reusable one. They need to have classes on how to pack those things!

Maybe I’m better off just keeping on like i am. She scans, i place in cart, i wheel cart out to my car, i pack everything into plastic hampers and reusable bags.

Probably for the best...
    I even place things on the belt in order of how they should go in the bag.... lol never works.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

Probably for the best...
    I even place things on the belt in order of how they should go in the bag.... lol never works.

My way sometimes requires two carts 😬
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Probably for the best...

I always refuse the second cart... I'm just like, I hate coming here as it is, I'm not about to leave feeling like a circus 😂
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

Probably for the best...

I always refuse the second cart... I'm just like, I hate coming here as it is, I'm not about to leave feeling like a circus 😂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S280Pqq3T_w
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I opened up the community on MFP and i fell down the rabbit hole simply because it's friday and i'm not feeling very work-y today
  • tinak33
    Options
    I opened up the community on MFP and i fell down the rabbit hole simply because it's friday and i'm not feeling very work-y today

haha
    Me since 7:50AM.... :D
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Man - this day is draggin
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

I wish I did, I always forget mine in the car too 🤣 thankfully I always have one of my kids with me so they can run out to get them.

But I reuse those plastic bags!! And THEN I recycle them! :#

Plus I don't even know where my reusable bags are..... lol I have at least 20 of them somewhere....?
    Had to go to the grocery store a week ago. I now have 2 more reusable bags. Already lost one. :D

I reuse them too! I still have alot of them here. Maybe we can take them to the grocery store and resuse them there? 🤣
  • tinak33
    Options

I wish I did, I always forget mine in the car too 🤣 thankfully I always have one of my kids with me so they can run out to get them.

Plus I don't even know where my reusable bags are..... lol I have at least 20 of them somewhere....?
    Had to go to the grocery store a week ago. I now have 2 more reusable bags. Already lost one. :D

I reuse them too! I still have alot of them here. Maybe we can take them to the grocery store and resuse them there? 🤣

I know, right!?!? I bought stuff at the store this morning, used my reusable bag..... but some stuff went home and some went into work. AND I COULDN'T DIVIDE IT INTO SEPARATE BAGS! (#firstworldproblems)

What about all the ones they had that they didn't use? Can I just get those? I mean, we KNOW they didn't finish using all their plastic bags and just say "Ok! We are out! Time to do push the reusable ones!" :#:D
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

I know, right!?!? I bought stuff at the store this morning, used my reusable bag..... but some stuff went home and some went into work. AND I COULDN'T DIVIDE IT INTO SEPARATE BAGS! (#firstworldproblems)

What about all the ones they had that they didn't use? Can I just get those? I mean, we KNOW they didn't finish using all their plastic bags and just say "Ok! We are out! Time to do push the reusable ones!" :#:D

When I went, i ran out of bags and they gave me paper ones... I mean, it doesn't work really good, no handles and everything was falling out of the bags. 🤣 That's where the kids came in handy 😏
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    So it's a common thing to dream about your childhood home but what about kids who moved frequently??? Do you dream of different homes or the one you liked or hated the most?
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Peaches

& cream.
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Peaches

& cream.

What about cottage cheese with those peaches
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Peaches

& cream.

One of these things is not like the others.
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Peaches

& cream.

Cream - cottage cheese - same ballpark no??
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    So it's a common thing to dream about your childhood home but what about kids who moved frequently??? Do you dream of different homes or the one you liked or hated the most?

we moved around a lot growing up and i still remember pretty much every house, but i rarely dream of them.
    my grandma always lived at the same place though and i do still regularly dream of that at least.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Peaches

& cream.

My bad... I read it as a euphemism.
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Peaches

& cream.

My bad... I read it as a euphemism.

Oh I’m sure it was lol - I’m just out here throwing a wrench in things cause I don’t wanna work today - seems to be going around I guess - a case of the Friday’s I spose