edited April 2020
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

Listening to this guy is just like tending bar. Oh the nostalgia
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I understand, thx, XX.

Our aisles in the local markets are narrow... 2 carts can barely pass each other... so 6' distance can't be maintained. I thought they might move some tables in the produce section, given that most are empty, but they haven't. You can barely maintain a 3' distance there, but as I said, everyone's reaching over or standing next to others anyway.

Sure, the older folks are all wearing masks, but I get it... many might have slighter immune systems or genuine health issues. They're scared. If I had small kids, I'd probably be more worried about them, as well & wouldn't allow them into the markets right now.

Yeah, the gloves are confusing in regard to employees. If you touch a contaminated surface, you're continually spreading germs to everything else you touch, so...

My market didn't have any fruit anyway... the reason I went out, so I just got some canned peaches & will make do. They were rationing everything anyway... took back some cans at the register (I was allowed 4) & I found the last 2 pkgs of bathroom paper & they took back one... although, an employee walked out behind me with a giant 60-pack of TP when none was on the shelf. Whatever... Oh, they did have a $19 container of cut watermelon... that seems like price gouging to me.

I'm just going to get out for a walk 1-2 times/day for a cabin fever fix, since the beaches are closed. No one is walking anyway... I've only once come across someone on a bike & he rode out into the street to get passed me. Same thing with a golf cart... all the old folks drive golf carts down secondary roads for errands... they just drove into the street to pass me. One walker crossed the street when she saw me coming her way from 30' away. You're right... it's easy to maintain distance on the sidewalks right now.

We'll all make it. It's tough, no matter the situation... some are climbing the walls with kids & spouses or roommates... others alone are suffering from loneliness. Working is stressful, so is being laid off, so is having no job at all. We're all on the same train, different car, but most of us will be okay in the end.

And, lots of us have family who are ill that we can't reach or are ill ourselves. My mum & 1 brother were just diagnosed with CV, both far away, so the rest of us can't do anything to help. But, that's the case for many.

I just began opening my windows each day, too... the outside air & sounds makes me feel like there are other humans in the world.

Be healthy & have a good weekend.

Glad you're getting out for walks, and making efforts to still stay connected. Hope your mom and brother recover quickly.

I made it to the grocery store early this morning. A lot of things like salad, some apples, avocados, sweet potatoes, and various fruits were gone from the produce section. But, was still decently stocked. Have noticed prices have gone up since last time I went shopping. Not to the gouging stage yet. But, I expected price increases during this time.

It's been very eerily quiet of late too. Last night the streets were more or less dead after 8:00pm, which is a change since I live on an extremely busy, major street within the city.

It's still a bit cool here to keep windows open for long. But, I do have vents open which let some fresh air. I'm getting about 30-60 minutes of exercise a day. Whether it's stationary cycling, &/or some strength training via calisthenics with a few kettlebells or dumbbells I have. Even with that, I've dropped about 11 pounds since March 26th. I'm sure it's a mix of muscle and fat. But, overall my eating has been really clean compared to prior.

Have a great weekend :)
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gVAIx7OeyI

Damn. That looks original. Saw vibes.

It's interesting for sure.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    I’m at the point where I want to know what the prize is for losing vanity pounds and is it better than pizza.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    I’m at the point where I want to know what the prize is for losing vanity pounds and is it better than pizza.

Let me know. If I ever make it that far, I’m gonna need that kind of insider knowledge.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Let me know. If I ever make it that far, I’m gonna need that kind of insider knowledge.
    Listen miss, I’ll be doing the asking round here. 😁
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

You know, I once saw this quote from the book "The *kitten* it diet", it said...

"There is no perfect stopping point, it's just another dieting myth"...

I cried 😭...
    Not really, but it struck me pretty deep
  • TwitchyMacGee
    edited April 2020
    Options

You know, I once saw this quote from the book "The *kitten* it diet", it said...

"There is no perfect stopping point, it's just another dieting myth"...

I cried 😭...
    Not really, but it struck me pretty deep
    I just got the ebook. Thank you.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    how nice it would be not to be sitting here alone
  • indigoblu74
    indigoblu74 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Where is erryone?

What happened to the woo :'(
  • honeybee__12
    Options
    Where is erryone?

What happened to the woo :'(

They’re all stuck at home with their spouses!
    It’s been pretty quiet around here since the quarantines.

Welcome back!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Why the *kitten* is gas in the bay area still $3.65/g?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

because those bow ties.... they ain't givin' them away.

u-g-PZMG020.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0

200.gif
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

North Texas 1.19 bro
  • honeybee__12
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

North Texas 1.19 bro

Same in OKlahoma