What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    I just had a delicious, filling breakfast and now I want cookies. Please someone stop me

Wanna share those cookie calories? 😉

I had an iced coffee instead. Still had calories but i can control myself a little better with that than with cookies. It also takes longer to consume, especially when i chew every ice cube. And the caffeine suppresses my appetite.

Talking about my temptations both here and privately with a friend who also struggles seems to be helping today
  • TwitchyMacGee
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Somebody tell me what movie I’m thinking of.

I remember a scene in a post-apocalyptic world in which a family is dangled over some kind of abyss, suspended by a rope? barbed wire? Anyway, a member of that family is forced to hold that rope thing until she can’t anymore and then her family plummets to their death. She then becomes part of the gang that set up that whole scenario
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    My new phone is driving me insane 😑

What kind did you settle on?

Samsung s20plus. As a person who enjoys taking pictures of everything I was sold on the quality of the camera but the selfie side of it sucks so much. On my apps like IG and Snapchat the selfie options are garbage. Its so zoomed in its ridiculous.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    A bit of an aside, but for those of you craving sweets, who can't get to the store... or not wanting to buy a whole container for fear of eating them all... I've made this microwave chocolate cake in a mug & it is an excellent recipe. My mum wanted something easy & fast & she eats chocolate daily, so this was it. I don't know the calories, but it's a single serving (my mum got 2 servings out of it), the ingredients are small (nothing more than 3T of anything) & the taste & texture is wonderful. Cals should be easy to figure out with the MFP calc.

I don't like sweets & rarely eat them, but did try this cake when I was testing recipes for her & it is excellent. BTW, I made it without chocolate chips, cuz she never had any & 2T of oil, rather than 3T & it was still great. (I did, however, coat the mug with oil before microwaving, since I cut back.)

One tip, don't over-microwave or the texture isn't as pleasant. The recipe calls for 90-seconds, but in my mum's new m/w 75-secs was enough. Also, I tested a bunch of other mug cake recipes... she didn't like any others. And, any vanilla cake mug recipe I found was horrible.

If you test it out, enjoy!

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/chocolate-cake-in-a-mug-3158576

It comes out just like this...
    1i1qtau8lw6z.png
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I remember a scene in a post-apocalyptic world in which a family is dangled over some kind of abyss, suspended by a rope? barbed wire? Anyway, a member of that family is forced to hold that rope thing until she can’t anymore and then her family plummets to their death. She then becomes part of the gang that set up that whole scenario

CaddyShack ?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

CaddyShack ?

The day you actually answer one of my questions I’m going to do something really special
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

CaddyShack ?

The day you actually answer one of my questions I’m going to do something really special

And THIS is why I spend my breaks here - 😂

CaddyShack ?

• TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    The decline in quality journalism was preceded by an unwillingness on the part of consumers to give credence to anything nuanced and well-researched, anything that doesn’t state opinion as incontrovertible fact.

Just write everything in comic sans and be done with it.

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    It's gotta be some cosmic twist of fate that I'm just destined to always be stuck behind someone who doesn't know wtf they are doing 🙄
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    One of my bunnies started hacking and foaming spit everywhere this morning so we called around to Three different vets and two were in surgery and one was off. So we start driving to one about 30 minutes away that wasn't picking up and I finally get a hold on them and their exotics vet is off today too! They still had someone else look at him though. We got x-rays done and turns out he's full of *kitten*! He's really constipated which is of no shock because we knew he'd go out this way. He eats EVERYTHING, sometimes even meat. So they injected him with water and gave him some meds and we have to see if he poops in the next 24 hrs. 🐰
    I’m sorry
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    True confession thread....where is it
  • Motorsheen
    Options

It looks like we need a new one.....

And I have a lot to get off my chest.

• TwitchyMacGee
    Options

It looks like we need a new one.....

And I have a lot to get off my chest.

Oh just let him stay
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    And another thing.... just five minutes ago, the doorbell rang.

It was a door to door salesman.

What kind of moron goes door to door during a quarantine?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    And another thing.... just five minutes ago, the doorbell rang.

It was a door to door salesman.

What kind of moron goes door to door during a quarantine?

Social distancing. Not quarantine.

And the kind who’s casing the joint