What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I dreading reading the 60+ page report this late in the day. I think I need liquor to get through it. Rofl!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I don’t understand why Mr J would grab a hot off the grill corn with his bare hands and then say fudge that’s hot. Well no sheets Sherlock 🙄🙄😂

When you're #latinoaf like this...
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Tacoma or avalanche? My son is turning 16 in a few weeks. Trying to figure what to get the kid

You're buying your kid a car for their 16th?

Thats awesome!
    - like every kids dream.

I remember working 2 part time jobs in high school to buy myself a car
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,183 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Tacoma or avalanche? My son is turning 16 in a few weeks. Trying to figure what to get the kid

Thats awesome!
    - like every kids dream.

I got a loan for my $3,000 car. 🤣
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Thats awesome!
    - like every kids dream.

I got a loan for my $3,000 car. 🤣

I got my first car a week after I got my license. I was 26 and it cost $1500.
  • MelG7777
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I was almost 17. She was worth it tho, right?🤣 (excuse the bird poop, she didn’t know she was gonna be photographed)
    osb2egen22ja.jpeg
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

Thats awesome!
    - like every kids dream.

I got my first car a week after I got my license. I was 26.

Why so late?

I lived in New York City so a car was kind of an expensive inconvenience. and I'd always had friends and boyfriends who drove. I didn’t see the need until I decided to marry a man who also didn’t drive.
  • MelG7777
    Options

Thats awesome!
    - like every kids dream.

I got my license ASAP. My mom drove a standard car with a f-ed up transmission that "I first learned" on - didn't go so good. Begged for drivers ed, and got it.

I lived in a small town, and I was determined to get the *kitten* out of it. I arranged my high-school class schedule so I could work the lunch rush as the drive thru girl at Arbys, and babysat from 6 pm to 2-3 am on week days.
    ...looking back, I don't know how I did it! But I had a car, paid for insurance and gas...and a case of beer on the weekends!

Hey! My first job was at an Arby’s. Lol. It was at a “mall” ** My brother worked in the meat slicing area and I worked in the cash register area. And sometimes the dishwashing area.

(**for anyone who is confused on this term👇)
    qyapf1lav9ug.jpeg
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

Thats awesome!
    - like every kids dream.

I got my license ASAP. My mom drove a standard car with a f-ed up transmission that "I first learned" on - didn't go so good. Begged for drivers ed, and got it.

I lived in a small town, and I was determined to get the *kitten* out of it. I arranged my high-school class schedule so I could work the lunch rush as the drive thru girl at Arbys, and babysat from 6 pm to 2-3 am on week days.
    ...looking back, I don't know how I did it! But I had a car, paid for insurance and gas...and a case of beer on the weekends!

This is amazing. You are amazing
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    I was almost 17. She was worth it tho, right?🤣 (excuse the bird poop, she didn’t know she was gonna be photographed)
    osb2egen22ja.jpeg

My first ride - hand me down - blew the motor in that bad boy within a year lol life lesson - check your oil kids - nothing like being stoned af jamin to some sublime and hear the loudest knock you’ve heard in your life - ahh to be young and oblivious again

w2ypvzqcrrmc.jpeg

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options

Thats awesome!
    - like every kids dream.

Hey! My first job was at an Arby’s. Lol. It was at a “mall” ** My brother worked in the meat slicing area and I worked in the cash register area. And sometimes the dishwashing area.

qyapf1lav9ug.jpeg

I met my ex at Arby’s - she worked there and my brother was the manager lol
  • MelG7777
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    osb2egen22ja.jpeg

My first ride - hand me down - blew the motor in that bad boy within a year lol life lesson - check your oil kids - nothing like being stoned af jamin to some sublime and hear the loudest knock you’ve heard in your life - ahh to be young and oblivious again

w2ypvzqcrrmc.jpeg

🤣🤣 YOLO. One of the last memories I have of driving my Sunbird was when she was doing this weird jerking forward and backwards thing when I stepped on the gas. But.....I didn’t let it stop me from driving to McDonalds. I’m no quitter. The car dealership knew they had a desperate sucker on their hands when I drove that thing into the car lot finally with that weird thing it was doing. In the rain. Wearing bright pink pants. My friend had a matching Sunbird only it was a drop top. Yeah baby.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Thats awesome!
    - like every kids dream.

qyapf1lav9ug.jpeg

I met my ex at Arby’s - she worked there and my brother was the manager lol

It was back in the 5 roast beef for $5 days. That place was POPPIN’.