What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• AllaboutDaCake
    AllaboutDaCake Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    People on power trips. You're a clerk at the passport office, I know it's probably incredibly unfulfilling but don't take it out on customers

Maybe he or she had to deal with a rude customer and it *kitten* up their day. I agree they shouldn't take it out on customers but alot of people are a..holes.
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Cancer ♋️ season 👑 🍾
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    I may be addicted to mindlessly snacking on mixed nuts at work so there's that.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,334 Member
    Options
    People on power trips. You're a clerk at the passport office, I know it's probably incredibly unfulfilling but don't take it out on customers

Maybe he or she had to deal with a rude customer and it *kitten* up their day. I agree they shouldn't take it out on customers but alot of people are a..holes.

Went to another office and dealt with only lovely people. Thank goodness for them redeeming my faith in government employees. But really this shouldn't have taken me the entire day to get done and shouldn't have involved someone asking me to essentially forge a signature on a document
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,099 Member
    Options
    My 11yr old grandson is leaving tomorrow to go with a good friend’s family to their lake house, coming home on Sunday.
    The lake is about a 2hr drive.
    I immediately started worrying.
    At least there will be no boat rides.

We always gave our son a lot of freedom as a child. He proved we could trust him.
    My son and DIL have raised their kids in a much more organized way, way more overprotective.
    Constant sports and outside activities.
    I’m a little surprised they agreed to him going.
    My son reassured me that he really likes the parents and trusts them.
    Okay, but grandma will quietly worry until he gets home.

• honey_honey_12
    Options
    Oh yeah, EVERYONE is on the forums.
    Could it be any more boring here?
  • DiabetesDaddy
    DiabetesDaddy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My 11yr old grandson is leaving tomorrow to go with a good friend’s family to their lake house, coming home on Sunday.

We always gave our son a lot of freedom as a child. He proved we could trust him.
    My son and DIL have raised their kids in a much more organized way, way more overprotective.

I have a 7 year old daughter and a 6 year old son. I am freaking out already about them spending the nights at other peoples houses. It's going to have to be a hard no from me.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options

I have a 7 year old daughter and a 6 year old son. I am freaking out already about them spending the nights at other peoples houses. It's going to have to be a hard no from me.

I know the feeling. ☺️
    When my son was little, every time (maybe 3 times) he’d go to spend the night with a friend we’d end up having to go pick him up.
    He just didn’t like staying at other people’s houses.
    My oldest grandson, is constantly having sleepovers and going to sleepovers.
    I don’t think they’ve ever had to go get him.

Staying the night, in town, is not a big deal (as long as you really know the parents!) but the highway trip and just being 2hrs away for 3nights is worrisome.

• Neon_hippie
    Neon_hippie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Happy Summer Solstice! <3
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Just another day of med side effects, it's been 3 weeks and off the meds for 5 days and still all the side effects. Back to eating just rice.
  • nonchalantxo
    edited June 22
    Options
    What's being the bigger person suppose to accomplish again?
  • NewNelle24
    NewNelle24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just got back onto MFP and I'm very disappointed that they got rid of the newsfeed. It was always the biggest encouragement factor of this being a social health platform. What's even the point of adding friends if they can't hype you up or give you suggestions anymore?:(

I know we have the forums, but it's just not the same honestly.
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    There just isn't anything here anymore, sure missing here about my friends that commented on the newsfeed everyday. Sure miss my friends.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    My son lives in a new neighborhood,
    it’s mostly families with young kids.
    Kids everywhere!
    There is a small but nice neighborhood swimming pool and clubhouse.

Today when I drove by I noticed that it was packed!
    Lots of kids and their dads* and teenagers.
    After seeing the spectacle I asked my son about it and he confirmed that from his point of view, 42yrs old, 3 kids, it is an issue.

There were underage teenage girls wearing thongs, entire butts hanging out.
    Now, I’m no prude, I hung out on the beach in Rio when I was 14, so I get being around mostly naked people at the beach.
    Or, even at a public pool.
    But this is a family neighborhood pool and I think it is totally inappropriate for minors, half naked at the pool with families.
    I say families, it was mostly men.
    I wonder why?
    🙄
    It’s a fine line dad, she’s jailbait.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    Let me know if there is any other joy I can spread today!

Well…..

• nonchalantxo
    Options
    Oh no how will I live..
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    ButterMeMuffinz Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck in an endless loop of wanting to chop my hair off into a bob again before remembering how much I just wanted it long again
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I'm stuck in an endless loop of wanting to chop my hair off into a bob again before remembering how much I just wanted it long again

Compromise, just cut it a little bit. 😀
  • nonchalantxo
    Options
    Is C. Ronaldo going to cry today?
  • Kashmir___314
    Kashmir___314 Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 26
    Options
    I really dig the smell of Sharpies. Which is surprising to me because I didn't eat Playdo or sniff glue as a child. That would explain it, right? Or maybe not. Maybe one thing has nothing to do with the other. Perhaps it was the paint chips? Idk. Something tells me it's asbestos related.

Whatever