What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    I think that maybe I'm in a dark place contemplating things that aren't the best mentally or physically. I can't escape this cycle. Been trying for years.

Currently, it's looking at very pretty, thin girls/women and wishing I were thin like they were. To be able to fit into all the clothes I see (and can't wear) and actually have it look nice.

I *kitten* hate when I get like that.

I will never look lithe and chic in a pair of white linen trousers walking on the beach
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I think that maybe I'm in a dark place contemplating things that aren't the best mentally or physically. I can't escape this cycle. Been trying for years.

Currently, it's looking at very pretty, thin girls/women and wishing I were thin like they were. To be able to fit into all the clothes I see (and can't wear) and actually have it look nice.

I will never look lithe and chic in a pair of white linen trousers walking on the beach

Same. ❤
    I will never look lithe and chic in ANYTHING. 🤷‍♀️
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

tinak33 wrote: »

Same. ❤

Y'all are probably closer to it than I ever will be. Not sure "white linen trousers" was what I had in mind, though. :lol:
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options

I struggle with this same train of thought everyday. I was watching I feel pretty and wished I had a fraction of the confidence the character displays. I hate my body. I can’t take a picture unless I have liquor courage and even then I regret it being out there because of how horrible I look. The only thing that has helped me a bit is the nice people here on mfp. I post pics once in a while when I get courage and I feel a little ok. sending you a virtual hug.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

Same. ❤

Y'all are probably closer to it than I ever will be. Not sure "white linen trousers" was what I had in mind, though. :lol:

It’s a weird little fantasy of mine - to not have my *kitten* be the first thing people notice.

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Same. ❤

It’s a weird little fantasy of mine - to not have my *kitten* be the first thing people notice.

This is aallwwaayyss the first thing I notice 🙄
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

Same. ❤

This is aallwwaayyss the first thing I notice 🙄

*exasperated sigh*
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    aet77leara91.jpeg
    Two thoughts:
    1) that’s one big a$ $ cow my neighbor has
    2) I never knew my street was 30mph 😳😲
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

I struggle with this same train of thought everyday. I was watching I feel pretty and wished I had a fraction of the confidence the character displays. I hate my body. I can’t take a picture unless I have liquor courage and even then I regret it being out there because of how horrible I look. The only thing that has helped me a bit is the nice people here on mfp. I post pics once in a while when I get courage and I feel a little ok. sending you a virtual hug.

That's great that you find inspiration and support here. I can't say the same for myself, buuuuut.. I usually only post on this forum and no longer (or rarely) ever post a photo of myself. For obvious reasons.

I mostly would like to feel cute/dainty for once in my life and not hate my appearance. It just becomes more and more obvious that the older I get, all anyone really cares about is your appearance. It's still how you are valued and graded in the world, even as an adult... and I hate it.

But I'm still here, logging away and I do try to walk 5 times a week for 75 minutes or so, so that's a start and better for my health than what I was doing. I just doubt that I'll ever be "cute" or "dainty".

Same. ❤

I'm sure my *kitten* is the first thing notice now that I haven't dyed my hair in ages. :lol: That or my gut that makes me look like a perma-pregnant person. Ugh.

I'd be happy to look cute in a crop top and some super cute box/ribbon pants (you know, the ones with the big bow on the front?). And some cute heels (nothing extreme.. I gotta walk places, after all).
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    People who get six chickens and a tomato plant and think they’re homesteading
  • ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    So I take it "kitten" can be anything that is not normally found in Meriam Webster's little book?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    I've been jamming to this song all day, love this freaking song... They just don't make music like they use to kids...

This Dude is *kitten* bad *kitten*, damn this guy can sing... And the cheesy smile he gives between lines 😎...

What the hell happened to music 🤷🏽‍♂️...

https://youtu.be/zGwH3q8KjrY
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    Is this sleep thing really all that important? 🤔
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

Yes.. go to bed :p
  • PaperDoll_
    Options

Yes.. go to bed :p

But mom.. 😒
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

It's one big hoax too 🙄

I mean more people die every year while sleeping then awake I'm sure of it 🙄

It's only necessary for like elderly and people with preexisting conditions 🙄...

We should keep everything running 24/7

• PaperDoll_
    Options

It's one big hoax too 🙄

I mean more people die every year while sleeping then awake I'm sure of it 🙄

It's only necessary for like elderly and people with preexisting conditions 🙄...

We should keep everything running 24/7

You could be on to something here. 🤔 I’d hate to end up just another statistic.

• jjsavoh
    jjsavoh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    People that watch stuff like Criminal Minds, Person of Interest, NCIS, etc while working on improving themselves

Tell me why
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    u0731nnbnlgj.png

aslfkivye36x.png

3qfds7q5nak0.png

eacbo4owatdx.png

2kjcy9m7f48e.png

i11vr8792mxi.png

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    People who get six chickens and a tomato plant and think they’re homesteading

Dis me