What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I think my 13 year old cat is dying. She's acting very reserved and normally, she is a friendly cat, full of mewps and usually wanting attention. She sits in the same spot on our bed, doesn't move to go eat or drink and I haven't seen her go to the bathroom in at least 24 hours.

I dunno... maybe she's just ill (being older and all), but I have a sinking feeling it's more than that.

Awww, hope she feels better!! Maybe a UTI? Can you bring her to see the vet? Poor thing. :( I hate when our dear pets act or get sick and we have no clue what's wrong. :( You feel so helpless.

I took her to the vet today. She was bleeding from the mouth and we had a very rough night last night. She's so weak she can barely make it to the litter box and collapsed five feet away from it once she was done this morning.

Due to COVID, though.. I could not stay with her. So she's at the vet.. and I'm here worried sick about what they're going to tell me. I got no sleep and now I'm a nervous (useless) wreck.

Please let us know how she's doing?? Poor baby. :( And it makes it that much worse when we can't go in with them now. :( You've been in my thoughts.

The prognosis is kidney failure. She's so sick that they have to keep her there and pump her full of fluids in the hope that they might get an IV into her. I'm facing the very real possibility that I may never see her alive again. She might not survive. How did she get this bad without me noticing?? She was happy just two days ago, acting completely normal.

I was informed her blood work was way off the charts in a terrible way. I've been crying on and off since last night when I realized something was terribly wrong... and the news just.. well it isn't good. She's not gone yet, but the vet didn't sound super optimistic.

I'm just.. lost.

So very sorry to hear this. 😔
  • SoonerFanForLife
    SoonerFanForLife Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Why am I still awake!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    KosmosKitten, I'm so sorry. :(
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Glad to see that the forums have been dead!!!!

That means people are outside and enjoying LIFE. Ugh the weather has be nice and hot, love it so much.
  • JustCallMeWhatever
    JustCallMeWhatever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sleep!!!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Sleep!!!

Git to bed you .. :D
  • JustCallMeWhatever
    Options
    Sleep!!!

I am! Just laying here trying to doze off lol
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Sleep!!!

I am! Just laying here trying to doze off lol

I'll sing you a lullaby..
    "Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur" 😆
  • SoonerFanForLife
    SoonerFanForLife Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Why am I still awake and why am I asking that on a Saturday night lol!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Dreams can be so weird. Sometimes they make perfect sense, it's as if you're just reliving your day while you sleep. Other times it's like where the heck did *that* come from.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,668 Member
    Options
    Dreams can be so weird. Sometimes they make perfect sense, it's as if you're just reliving your day while you sleep. Other times it's like where the heck did *that* come from.

For instance, I dreamed a squirrel came out of no where and landed on my bed and scurried around. 😂

Very vivid dream too
  • melissatwill
    melissatwill Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Why can’t people just be consistent? Either; consistently be nice or consistently be an *kitten*- but please, stop switching every other day!!
  • wanderwoman2020
    wanderwoman2020 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Little bar steward flies dive bombing me every second of the day 🙄😬😖
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

I have yet to have a dream that made any actual sense.
  • JustCallMeWhatever
    Options
    Food!!!
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Me too!
    I’m craving fruit.

11bjvghrp2oe.jpeg
  • JustCallMeWhatever
    Options
    Me too!
    I’m craving fruit.

11bjvghrp2oe.jpeg

I had fruit yesterday! It was pineapple tomatoes and anchovy pizza!
  • JustCallMeWhatever
    Options
    WTF?! Is up with indiana and their restaurants man?? Its still no dine in and I'm craving some Chinese buffet!
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I’m thinking that there isn’t the reaction button I need at the moment.
    😒Rude ✔️