What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

.....things might really start going down around here.

it's about time.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,012 Member
    Options

Oh well... good thing I have all my favorite peeps on my IG

🥰

There’s even some that have FR me there but not here. Or deleted me here and FR there. It’s.....almost like I’m “not good enough for their mfp friends list” or something.
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Thinking about stopping my meds I need to take for the next 10 years. It's been almost 7 months that I've been in remission and these pills give me NO quality of life. I rarely have days where I have energy and no pain. At this point it's quality of life over quantity. What's even the point of being here if I don't have energy to do anything and since I carry the BRCA gene, there's no guarantee it won't come back. I seriously don't know what to do. In a way I feel like I have to take them to stick around for my kids but What's the point if I feel like a *kitten* mom because I can't do much with them.

Oh man, this has to be so freaking hard. 😔

Is there any other medication they can try instead?

Super big hugs to you.

Unfortunately, those are the side effects of these meds, I've already tried 2 kinds and it's the same. I will give myself a chance and keep taking them another couple of months but if it doesn't get better I'm done with them.
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

🥰

There’s even some that have FR me there but not here. Or deleted me here and FR there. It’s.....almost like I’m “not good enough for their mfp friends list” or something.

Grateful for your friendships and our little chats ❤
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    yet another reason to move to Canada.

.... or at least West Dakota ( same thing ) .
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning and took another round of "real pics". Sigh.

When I am standing up and flexing, it all looks pretty decent and I feel not bad. It's not where I want to be, but it's not horrible.

When I'm sitting at my desk, I feel like I've gained a hundred pounds and loathe myself.

I took these pics because I want to start again, and yet, I just have no faith in myself to follow through. And I know if I can't find that, it's just another false start that leaves me disappointed in myself.

Plus.. I live in Canada, where I'm in a parka or hoodie 8 months of the year... And I'm single... So wtf does it actually matter what is going on under my clothes?

I really need someone to help slap me out of this mental bs state I'm in. Any volunteers?

I give great bum slaps, ask anyone.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning and took another round of "real pics". Sigh.

When I am standing up and flexing, it all looks pretty decent and I feel not bad. It's not where I want to be, but it's not horrible.

When I'm sitting at my desk, I feel like I've gained a hundred pounds and loathe myself.

I took these pics because I want to start again, and yet, I just have no faith in myself to follow through. And I know if I can't find that, it's just another false start that leaves me disappointed in myself.

Plus.. I live in Canada, where I'm in a parka or hoodie 8 months of the year... And I'm single... So wtf does it actually matter what is going on under my clothes?

I really need someone to help slap me out of this mental bs state I'm in. Any volunteers?

So, sidenote: I saw your pics today in the Mom Bod thread...along with your self-commentary there and now here.

I don't get what you're seeing but do understand feeling like there's a disconnect with what's in the mirror vs our minds.

To me, you exemplify what an actual kick *kitten* Amazon-type woman would look like!

Perhaps don't talk yourself out of who you already are? 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    yet another reason to move to Canada.

.... or at least West Dakota ( same thing ) .

Right now I think Canada is looking pretty fine. I am pretty happy here... apart from freezing my a** off most of the year. lol

I spend way too much time watching what's going on in the US. I can't tell you how many times I've cried over the bs that is happening. Your northern friends really do care about what you're going through. <3

*shrug

We're fine..... but thanks for thinking of us. <3
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

😣
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Thinking about stopping my meds I need to take for the next 10 years. It's been almost 7 months that I've been in remission and these pills give me NO quality of life. I rarely have days where I have energy and no pain. At this point it's quality of life over quantity. What's even the point of being here if I don't have energy to do anything and since I carry the BRCA gene, there's no guarantee it won't come back. I seriously don't know what to do. In a way I feel like I have to take them to stick around for my kids but What's the point if I feel like a *kitten* mom because I can't do much with them.

Im so sorry the effects of the meds have taken your quality of life.. what a cruel twist after all you've endured.
    Maybe a chat with your Dr to find and alternative ? Big hugs T 🤗 (I wish the hug emoji didn't have that grin) 🙄

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Humboldt Squid are terrifying
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Options

Less so when you call it "diablo rojo," it just sounds like a cute hockey fan then.
  • honeybee__12
    Options
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »

Less so when you call it "diablo rojo," it just sounds like a cute hockey fan then.

Oh yeah, red devil sounds so much sweeter! 😂
  • honeybee__12
    Options
    Seems to me that if the state of Florida would put a bounty on pythons in the everglades they might eradicate them.
    Same with the Taku lizards.