What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    I'm watching supernatural for the first time probably getting close to finishing the first season and it's like who am I more attracted to? Father and sons 👌👌👌👌 all the girlfriends 👌👌👌👌👌 evil chick 👌👌👌

The right answer is Dean.

But this is tough because JDM (dad) and Sam are super hot too. And of course the women are gorgeous.

Dean gets approx 10,000x hotter in the second season. After that it's just like take my money.

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    JessBbody wrote: »
    I'm watching supernatural for the first time probably getting close to finishing the first season and it's like who am I more attracted to? Father and sons 👌👌👌👌 all the girlfriends 👌👌👌👌👌 evil chick 👌👌👌

But this is tough because JDM (dad) and Sam are super hot too. And of course the women are gorgeous.

Dean gets approx 10,000x hotter in the second season. After that it's just like take my money.

He is obviously the prettiest but the dad has one hell of a smolder.
    Sam is like, father of your children material with the kind eyes thing he has.
    Dean is that troubled pretty boy that you want to fix and love into submission.
    Ol man is probably my favorite because he just has 'it'. Best of both worlds maybe.

Edited bc I decided that the description for ol man was a bit much.
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options

He is obviously the prettiest but the dad has one hell of a smolder.
    Sam is like, father of your children material with the kind eyes thing he has.
    Dean is that troubled pretty boy that you want to fix and love into submission.
    Ol man is daddy full stop. 😐 Idk it's like I need a spanking or something. Idk it's like puppy eyes but with experience and a wry smile. 🤪

Interesting tidbit about dad - he somehow looks like he could be their father but was in actuality only 12 years older than dean at the time of filming.

He basically got supernatural and Grey's anatomy and then his career really took off.

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Also, about said walk: I could see one house decided to start "festivities" early because I COULD SEE THEIR HOUSE FROM BLOCKS AWAY due to the sheer amount of lights they had up. All colors, all over the place, concurrently. Like a light demon threw up on their house.

I get "Christmas spirit", but damn... it's not even Thanksgiving yet!

Im one of those this year.🤷‍♀️why the hell not
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Edit because I read "attached" not "attracted". Dang it. Still.. #teamsam, whooooooo!

No, Bobby. And the show will make you hate yourself for liking him at all later on. :(

Also, #teamsam :D
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Edited bc I decided that the description for ol man was a bit much.

I, for one, am grateful for @JessBbody's timing. Besides, every time someone makes an enthusiastic, emoji-laden daddy/zaddy description, an angel gets its wings.

😅😇
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Why is the process of taking care of oneself oftentimes so daunting? I'm realizing there are a lot of minor things I need to work on in addition to just "eating better and exercising". I can't even get a handle on one, so how am I going to tackle all of the others in a lifetime that's already more than 1/3 over?

Look at it this way.....all you need to do is get control of one thing.....your mind. Every single thing after that will become a by product of that. Its just a process of setting up small victories over your mind everyday.....dont hit the snooze button....win.....do just one thing a day you dont want to do but should......win. Thise things tend to snowball into lots of positives as you start feeling good about the small victories every single day.

I did a load of laundry this morning. Win.

I like this mindset.. I need to try it.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    So, I got off my butt and finally went for a long walk. That may not be huge to any of you fitness gurus out there, but given the year and how it's gone for me and mine as well as battling massive depression and anxiety bouts, it's quite an accomplishment for me.

Now I gotta figure out why any time I walk for more than 30 minutes, one of the muscles in my butt cramps up. :(

Awesome job! Sometimes that first step is a big one! Have you thought about trying a virtual run /walk challenge? I did two over the summer and they were great for keeping me motivated. Got fancy medals, too!

Www.runmotivators.com is the one I used... Sadly I don't moderate well and decided to do the 250 mile Summer warrior challenge. I did it in time (actually in condensed time), but the last run I did finally did my ankle in, and I've been limping ever since.

They have lots of 5mile, 10mile and 100mile challenges.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Why is the process of taking care of oneself oftentimes so daunting? I'm realizing there are a lot of minor things I need to work on in addition to just "eating better and exercising". I can't even get a handle on one, so how am I going to tackle all of the others in a lifetime that's already more than 1/3 over?

Look at it this way.....all you need to do is get control of one thing.....your mind. Every single thing after that will become a by product of that. Its just a process of setting up small victories over your mind everyday.....dont hit the snooze button....win.....do just one thing a day you dont want to do but should......win. Thise things tend to snowball into lots of positives as you start feeling good about the small victories every single day.

I did a load of laundry this morning. Win.

I like this mindset.. I need to try it.

@Revolu7 Should totally turn this into his own thread, something like "What did you win at today"...

Yes!
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    So, I got off my butt and finally went for a long walk. That may not be huge to any of you fitness gurus out there, but given the year and how it's gone for me and mine as well as battling massive depression and anxiety bouts, it's quite an accomplishment for me.

Now I gotta figure out why any time I walk for more than 30 minutes, one of the muscles in my butt cramps up. :(

Awesome job! Sometimes that first step is a big one! Have you thought about trying a virtual run /walk challenge? I did two over the summer and they were great for keeping me motivated. Got fancy medals, too!

Www.runmotivators.com is the one I used... Sadly I don't moderate well and decided to do the 250 mile Summer warrior challenge. I did it in time (actually in condensed time), but the last run I did finally did my ankle in, and I've been limping ever since.

How does the virtual component work? You walk or run alone and record your numbers toward the goal(s)? And where did you find these challenges?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

is there a get up from the sofa and walk over to the refrigerator challenge ??

(please say 'yes')
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

How does the virtual component work? You walk or run alone and record your numbers toward the goal(s)? And where did you find these challenges?

When you sign up, you get access to a site that allows you to log your mileage as you go. It's honour sysyem, so you get the medal regardless. I first found it on Facebook - it was the she wolf 100 mile challenge, which I did in July. Then decided to add another 150 and go for the Warrior.

They have a few quarantine ones I'd love to do... If I could walk without limping. 🤪

https://www.runmotivators.com/

• KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

(please say 'yes')

If you do it enough times to log a reasonable distance... Yes! Haha

Note: biking, swimming, walking, etc all counts as long as it's intentional exercise.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

When you sign up, you get access to a site that allows you to log your mileage as you go. It's honour sysyem, so you get the medal regardless. I first found it on Facebook - it was the she wolf 100 mile challenge, which I did in July. Then decided to add another 150 and go for the Warrior.

They have a few quarantine ones I'd love to do... If I could walk without limping. 🤪

https://www.runmotivators.com/

Neat! I need more motivation than "catch Pokemon while walking" so this might help!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

(please say 'yes')

If you do it enough times to log a reasonable distance... Yes! Haha

Note: biking, swimming, walking, etc all counts as long as it's intentional exercise.

So if Motorsheen has a pool between his sofa and kitchen, he's golden?

Hope your ankle feels better soon!!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @Revolu7
    "Look at it this way.....all you need to do is get control of one thing.....your mind. Every single thing after that will become a by product of that. Its just a process of setting up small victories over your mind everyday.....don't hit the snooze button....win.....do just one thing a day you don't want to do but should......win. These things tend to snowball into lots of positives as you start feeling good about the small victories every single day."

I follow along because I enjoy the give and take UP in here. I have to catch you on the fly because you're always busy. Most of this stuff is mental. @JessBbody has just blown the roof off this place. Her meticulous journal and photos are blowing everyone's toasty socks right off their feet.

The entirety of life is just too huge to contemplate without the comfort of food. Those who really struggle with alcohol feel the same angst, internal struggle while they imagine a life of no margaritas with nachos, no guinness with pizza, no wine with popcorn, like for real, for REAL giving all of it up.

Embracing the concept of never is too much. On a one day at a time basis we can contemplate the big picture.
    We can see ourselves waaaay down the road making peace with food. This food thing affects everything else in our life. It's a reflection of our thinking and the food thing can make our lives a living hail and really, who needs that?

We've got bigger fish to fry. Being here rubs off on you in a really good way. I've ridden that merry-go-round and all the horses saddles were worn smooth from my b&##. This is a mental game, @Revolu7.