What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I was making up plates of goodies this a.m., including the pb frosted brownies I'd made. Whenever I give bar cookies away, I trim off all the edges just to make them look nicer. Yeh, that's the reason. It is NOT because I eat all the trimmings. :blush:

This sounds like a perfectly reasonable thing to do. And you don't want those edges to go to waste. Plus... You need to be sure they taste consistently delicious on all sides if you're giving them away!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I was making up plates of goodies this a.m., including the pb frosted brownies I'd made. Whenever I give bar cookies away, I trim off all the edges just to make them look nicer. Yeh, that's the reason. It is NOT because I eat all the trimmings. :blush:

This sounds like a perfectly reasonable thing to do. And you don't want those edges to go to waste. Plus... You need to be sure they taste consistently delicious on all sides if you're giving them away!

You get me :)
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I was making up plates of goodies this a.m., including the pb frosted brownies I'd made. Whenever I give bar cookies away, I trim off all the edges just to make them look nicer. Yeh, that's the reason. It is NOT because I eat all the trimmings. :blush: But we all know trimmings have zero calories. Right? It's a well-known rule.

Its very good practice to taste test. I'm just doing the same with the gingerbread I made for Christmas day 😏
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I was making up plates of goodies this a.m., including the pb frosted brownies I'd made. Whenever I give bar cookies away, I trim off all the edges just to make them look nicer. Yeh, that's the reason. It is NOT because I eat all the trimmings. :blush: But we all know trimmings have zero calories. Right? It's a well-known rule.

Its very good practice to taste test. I'm just doing the same with the gingerbread I made for Christmas day 😏

Another vote here for taste testing aka systematic quality assurance. If you can throw in a food inspection agency name or reference, it's 10x more legit...and all the more necessary to verify, umm, repeatedly 😋
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Another vote here for taste testing aka systematic quality assurance. If you can throw in a food inspection agency name or reference, it's 10x more legit...and all the more necessary to verify, umm, repeatedly 😋

I do quality assurance for a living. I agree... The larger the sample size, the more accurate the assurance of quality.
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Yes they do! I Want an Elephant for Christmas

https://youtu.be/Kti_zgcuaic

@RAinWA Be careful what you ask for! :)
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

I am making Santa skip our house this year so I am not very concerned. No one else would be willing to splurge on that big a gift for me! :smile:
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

I am making Santa skip our house this year so I am not very concerned. No one else would be willing to splurge on that big a gift for me! :smile:

I know the feeling. My parents gave me cash, so I bought a pair of tights and a speaker for my basement gym. And I bought myself a cordless drill. That's all the gifts under my tree for me! lol
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    038slcz51kq21.png?auto=webp&s=4f8cf36b184a9fa27e670e4182adb132913e719c
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Had 7 Lindt chocolates,
    now my stomach is bubbling🤢
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Been learning on my new guitar for all of 30 minutes and my fingers hurt. Got the A chord down though so who needs to feel their fingertips anyway 🤷‍♀️

Rock On, Rocker. <3
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    ^^^
    tenor.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Just woke up from a dream about all you guys and TikTok ppl. We were all meeting up in the same town and it was cool to see internet people in person.
    That gfc guy from TikTok was a amazing hugger. People from the selfie threads who you knew right away because duh they show their face all the time. People we’ve never seen introducing themselves. Although I think my brain made up their usernames.
    Everyone (implying the group that was the collective of mfp chitchat) was waiting for iMago expecting him to ninja from the crowd because he didn’t trust the place and was going to monitor from the crowd in disguise first. My mom was there for no reason. 🤷🏻‍♀️ OoOoOo what if she was one of the lurkers!?
    Idk I it was a warm fuzzy friendship dream and I’m online too much. Plus at some point I jumped into a vat of ice slushee water with some others like it was refreshing and maybe that implies heck as the meeting place bc I would never. 🥶

that a great stor....

wait.

your mom was there ?

alone ?

asking for a friend.