What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Is it my imagination or are sumo deadlifts suddenly all the rage?

Probably because it's so hard to get a workable grip. -_-

Also the bar path is shortened and therefore less distance to move the weight.

Hmmmmmm. We aren't talking about the same sumo, probably.

I think we are, just looking at it differently.

This is an interesting article.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/barbend.com/sumo-versus-conventional-deadlift/amp/

Eta... Oh sorry. Missed that you weren't the op and did indeed mean something different. My bad. ๐Ÿฅด

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/sumo/techniques/28/
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Yeah... Kinda thought that was where you were aiming after I responded. ๐Ÿคช
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Yeah... Kinda thought that WGA where you were aiming after I responded. ๐Ÿคช

Anywhere there is lowbrow humor and wedgies, there I'll be. :#
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    0cu4zru1rf4y.jpg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    ="Speakeasy76;c-45672811"]Embarrassed to admit this and it's quite vapid(but where else to do than on anonymous forum?)...saw my gym crush today! I was a bit bummed because I haven't seen him in over a month (but who's counting). It makes working out a bit more interesting ;) . I am usually one of those people who just goes to the gym, does what I came to do and doesn't pay a whole lot of attention to other people. However, I think if anything I'm at least partly impressed with how fit and strong he is, but not in a showy way (like the guys who try to do heavy and/or high rep exercises with poor form).

Is your crush @Revolu7? If so and you want a chance at getting his attention just do something that looks like it may irreparably damage your rotator cuff and he may give you unsolicited advice. Perfect chance to drum up conversation.

This is my current plan anyway ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ

:D:D

It is not, but I did unintentionally hurt myself by jamming my pinky finger into the barbell while changing weight plates. I cursed loudly, which I think did get his attention. That's my usual MO...do something awkward and unintentional (usually by hurting myself) to get a good-looking guy's attention. [/quote]

If it works nothing wrong in that. Fein collapsing next time and see if mouth to mouth comes into play.

:)
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    A few people have asked me to add them as a friend. I do, but then I "hide" them on my wall because I'm not interested in daily updates of people's diet and exercise routines. I don't plan on posting anything about my daily activity...I'll comment in the boards, but I'm not going to broadcast my "completed day" to everyone. Are there other benefits to having friends (official, added "friends") on here?
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Why does it take about 34 seconds to grow a size but eternity to get back to previous size?
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I've been spending way too much time sitting on the toilet being mesmerized by our new stone-look flooring. :/
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've been spending way too much time sitting on the toilet being mesmerized by our new stone-look flooring. :/

I would love to see this.....the flooring that is....๐Ÿ˜‰
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

Haha
    Well it's not what I would've picked out but dh and contractor made a trip to the flooring store on a Friday p.m. when dh didn't want to bother looking at more than 2 samples. :) And I had something baking in the oven so probably a good idea *I* didn't go or we'd still be looking at a wooden floor.

I tried to fake a 'oh that's cool' facial expression when they got back and I have to admit, it's grown on me. Hence the mesmerizing effect. :)
    I'll try to post a pic later. We have an embarrassingly small bathroom. :/
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

Haha
    Well it's not what I would've picked out but dh and contractor made a trip to the flooring store on a Friday p.m. when dh didn't want to bother looking at more than 2 samples. :) And I had something baking in the oven so probably a good idea *I* didn't go or we'd still be looking at a wooden floor.

I tried to fake a 'oh that's cool' facial expression when they got back and I have to admit, it's grown on me. Hence the mesmerizing effect. :)
    I'll try to post a pic later. We have an embarrassingly small bathroom. :/

Well i would love to see it. Im always looking for new ideas on how to remodel and design my flip houses. And i love small bathrooms because you can really put a lot into them as far as high quality materials, and its not crazy expensive because you dont need a lot.

Oh and by the way, i put my flip on the market Thursday, and will be accepting an offer Monday. Its been a pleasant surprise, i was a little worried about this one.

Count me in for seeing this floor (words I never thought I'd say) @ReenieHJ.

As for you, @Revolu7, if you're referring to the last place you posted about (with the smart living room/den reno) then you'll be sitting pretty come next week.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Congratulations Revolu7! I, for one, never doubted you. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Flawless! Right down to the wreath on the door.

How long did it take you? Do you have before pictures; I know we saw some of the fireplace area.
    It is gorgeous. Absolutely breath-taking!

I'm a really weird person. Whenever I see houses, I think in terms of what I'd do with it from opening a home daycare perspective. :) Having a small home(just under 1000 sq.') I fantasized a lot over those 38+ years.

Good luck with your next project!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Revolu7! I, for one, never doubted you. :)

The location was a little remote, and was about 60 miles outside NYC. I know people are fleeing the city these days, i just wasnt sure how far they would go. Here's a few pics ๐Ÿ˜1ds3bmuvxyie.jpg
    2uvo3u3gd9sf.jpg
    44z5tp5snfpy.jpg
    48cqcxam965r.jpg
    ah0new4i2slq.jpg
    zqz7etau8ged.jpg
    vaxbyxx81wsb.jpg
    or0xs7xz7cpz.jpg
    8wr2v63nnwi9.jpg
    pmu1un6zjtka.jpg

Holy wow! This is absolutely STUNNING. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    ambre nuit by dior ๐Ÿ˜
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    ambre nuit by dior ๐Ÿ˜

(...feverishly checks for a new Charlize Theron perfume promotion ad...)

Sigh. Ok well, at least their description for it sounds alluring: "Ambre Nuit orchestrates the encounter between two extremes. It is, in a way, the olfactory expression of Beauty and the Beast."

https://www.dior.com/en_int/products/beauty-Y0958160-ambre-nuit-fragrance
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    ambre nuit by dior ๐Ÿ˜

(...feverishly checks for a new Charlize Theron perfume promotion ad...)

Sigh. Ok well, at least their description for it sounds alluring: "Ambre Nuit orchestrates the encounter between two extremes. It is, in a way, the olfactory expression of Beauty and the Beast."

https://www.dior.com/en_int/products/beauty-Y0958160-ambre-nuit-fragrance

a friend sprayed some on my wrist and I haven't been able to leave my hand alone. It's like I am 14 again