What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Hungrycatapilar
    Hungrycatapilar Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Weather has turned today, much warmer and sun sun sun ... 🤔 ready for planting in March or are we going to have another freeze 🥶
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Weather has turned today, much warmer and sun sun sun ... 🤔 ready for planting in March or are we going to have another freeze 🥶

I live in central Canada... It's not safe to plant until the 3rd weekend in May... And even then it's iffy! Lol
  • Hungrycatapilar
    Hungrycatapilar Posts: 93 Member
    Options

I live in central Canada... It's not safe to plant until the 3rd weekend in May... And even then it's iffy! Lol

I suppose I can’t complain your weather is much more extreme than ours in the uk lol
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Finding silver linings in the pandemic. Rapid vaccine development, I find it so impressive that the scientist could pull that off. In some respect, COVID-19 has hopefully better prepare us for the inevitable next pandemic. Which could have such a more lethal pathogen, like this one.

https://youtu.be/mbBDu4BPJ8s

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Life
    Why
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Finding silver linings in the pandemic. Rapid vaccine development, I find it so impressive that the scientist could pull that off. In some respect, COVID-19 has hopefully better prepare us for the inevitable next pandemic. Which could have such a more lethal pathogen, like this one.

https://youtu.be/mbBDu4BPJ8s

This one ain't going to cause a big pandemic. You see localaized outbreaks of viruses like this when there is an upsurge amongst the natural host population (in this case bats) but to see the massive spread through humans coronavirus caused you need it to be airborne.

There are so many viruses like this that are very lethal, the more lethal a virus is the less likely it usually is to cause a massive outbreak because the lethal ones burn through their host too quickly and aren't able to maximize transmission potential. It's the asymptomatic or minorly symptomatic carriers that really fuel a pandemic.

What is really highlighted by Coronavirus is what we can do when we throw all our money and resources at something. Coronavirus is a bit unique in that it happened at a time when we better understood vaccine development, and is affecting first and third world countries alike. There are lots of very deadly viruses, like the one mentioned above, that we have known about for a long time but we still don't have solutions to besides supportive care. They generally affect poor coutries and obscure areas, and aren't highly contagious amongst humans.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Who are all you people?
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    Poop
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Realizing that I still feel very "at odds" with everyone else here trying to lose weight, maintain their progress or build muscle. I have no desire to be thin... no desire to be muscular or have abs showing. I don't even care about having a beach body or whether or not the opposite sex finds me attractive anymore.

I just really don't care... and I don't know some days why I'm still here outside of "I don't want to die from completely preventable diseases". However, I've been "maintaining" my obese status (never gaining, never losing) for over 5 years. I may have to accept that I am sadly in that category of folk who can only lose eating 1200 cal. or by doing a combination of strenuous exercise and lower-than-I'd-like calorie counting if I want to actually see any progress.

Because what I'm doing isn't working outside of maintenance. Guess I'll be ultra-prepared when and if I ever lose weight and get into "normal" BMI category, huh?

If you don’t want to lose weight, you don’t have to. 🤗. You’re an adult. You get to choose.

As for your health, there are so many contributors to that. Obesity is only one risk factor. Maybe it’s one you can mitigate with other healthy behaviors- ones that feel good.

^^ This part! Well said @twitchandshout and hang in there however you see fit @KosmosKitten. Logging in here alone is just one thing that keeps you accountable and in maintenance!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Realizing that I still feel very "at odds" with everyone else here trying to lose weight, maintain their progress or build muscle. I have no desire to be thin... no desire to be muscular or have abs showing. I don't even care about having a beach body or whether or not the opposite sex finds me attractive anymore.

I just really don't care... and I don't know some days why I'm still here outside of "I don't want to die from completely preventable diseases". However, I've been "maintaining" my obese status (never gaining, never losing) for over 5 years. I may have to accept that I am sadly in that category of folk who can only lose eating 1200 cal. or by doing a combination of strenuous exercise and lower-than-I'd-like calorie counting if I want to actually see any progress.

Because what I'm doing isn't working outside of maintenance. Guess I'll be ultra-prepared when and if I ever lose weight and get into "normal" BMI category, huh?

If you don’t want to lose weight, you don’t have to. 🤗. You’re an adult. You get to choose.

As for your health, there are so many contributors to that. Obesity is only one risk factor. Maybe it’s one you can mitigate with other healthy behaviors- ones that feel good.

^^ This part! Well said @twitchandshout and hang in there however you see fit @KosmosKitten. Logging in here alone is just one thing that keeps you accountable and in maintenance!

True. I'm continuing to log, no matter if I go over or not (I don't most days, but I may still be eating too many calories... my BMR calculations might be off or not account for my specific body fat percentage, etc.).

P.S. I love your new pfp. It's lovely! :heart:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    So, I'm looking into purchasing a new sled and thinking about several different manufactures.

It struck me, I won't buy a car that advertised by someone with a fake accent.

Example, said in a thick, aristocratic, female, British accent:

"The Lexus December to Remember Sales Event, Special financing offers to well qualified buyers.... the rest of you losers go back and drive your *kitten* American made sedans, because we're better than you peasants."

You're a Japanese car company.

Get it ? Japanese. Not British, okay?

Why do you have some British chicka talking down to us ?

Stupid posers.

Get the *kitten* off of my television.

You too, Jaguar
    Okay, you're British.... but learn how to pronounce 'Jaguar'.

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    C'mon @Motorsheen, you know "jah-goo-ah" sounds sexy AF
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    When it comes to wearing bathing suits in public. Should one wear more “conservative” swimwear oppose to more revealing ones? Remember kids are around. Or should people get over it and stop being offended by body parts.

Should that lady (or man) at the beach chilling in their thong bikini, who want a full body tan save it for their backyard?

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    C'mon @Motorsheen, you know "jah-goo-ah" sounds sexy AF

well.... when you put it like that.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    When it comes to wearing bathing suits in public. Should one wear more “conservative” swimwear oppose to more revealing ones? Remember kids are around. Or should people get over it and stop being offended by body parts.

Should that lady (or man) at the beach chilling in their thong bikini, who want a full body tan save it for their backyard?

I like an in between suit...a little sexy a little conservative...but that's just what im comfortable wearing...not necessarily to hide my parts
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,075 Member
    Options
    I may have to find out where the Duggar’s get their swimwear if I don’t get my *kitten* together.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    So, I'm looking into purchasing a new sled and thinking about several different manufactures.

It struck me, I won't buy a car that advertised by someone with a fake accent.

Example, said in a thick, aristocratic, female, British accent:

"The Lexus December to Remember Sales Event, Special financing offers to well qualified buyers.... the rest of you losers go back and drive your *kitten* American made sedans, because we're better than you peasants."

You're a Japanese car company.

Get it ? Japanese. Not British, okay?

Why do you have some British chicka talking down to us ?

Stupid posers.

Get the *kitten* off of my television.

You too, Jaguar
    Okay, you're British.... but learn how to pronounce 'Jaguar'.

Here in OK lots of folks pronounce it jagwire.
    Drives Me Nuts! 😂
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    What to do next
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    What to do next

Write a love letter