What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Wondering if I'll ever finish this:

gskmrwwndbqp.jpg

I started last year in August-ish... but then a few deaths and a major move later, it's still sitting in my TBF pile... along with a lot of my step-mother's works that I've decided to try and finish (some I just had to let go of since they had no patterns and I couldn't unwind and repurpose the yarn).

I enjoy working on this, but it's very time consuming, can't be mindlessly done and requires a lot more time than I currently seem to have.

Plus, being that I'm currently in class 6 - 7 hours daily to learn ONE thing until December, I'm pretty beat once I get done with that.. and I have maybe two hours (at most) to run any errands or do shopping, but also have to clean up around here, or plan/make dinner... or do other chores.

So by the time I get a spare moment, I'm pretty tired and just want to sleep. Reminds me of why I don't really want to go back to school full time for any sort of career. I did it once for 4 years, suffered massive depression and anxiety during and slipped into substance abuse to cope. Not really looking to return to that.

That in turn kind of depresses me; I'd like to go back to school for either entomology, art history or fashion design and application. Ah well.

That is pretty!

Definitely concur, it is gorgeous....
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,511 Member
    Options
    He is the King 👑 of private messaging.
    All sweet talk and compliments.
    Tell me about you.

NO, tell me about YOU.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    He is the King 👑 of private messaging.
    All sweet talk and compliments.
    Tell me about you.

NO, tell me about YOU.

I think I know 😂 or at least have a good guess
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    The way our minds keep looping to places where we used to belong but don't anymore. Why can't I concentrate on the here and now and let the past go?
    Maybe because it felt too d@mn good to let it go and I keep comparing it to now. :s
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I realized over the last few days that I have become far to accepting of being far too lazy. The pendulum of self acceptance vs self improvement has swung too far.

This is a great way of describing it.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Biases, especially those around gender and sexuality.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I’ve been a medical dumpster fire the past year. Lots of weird but unrelated appts and even a surgery for things that no one else seems to deal with.

Today I see a dr for lower abdominal pain I have had since July. I have had several trips to the ER, ultrasounds, etc, and they don’t tell me anything consistent. I’ve been trying to get an answer/solution for months while dealing with growing, near-constant pain.

I got my hopes up that the guy I see today will have an answer, but realistically I’m just staring down a long road of more tests and procedures.

It is really affecting how I feel about myself. I am embarrassed of my situation, I feel old and frail and wimpy. ( @KosmosKitten America, amirite) Every time I have to miss work or spend a day laying in bed, I feel my value spiral.

Ugh. Just venting. Most people in my real life don’t know any of this.

I’m sorry you’ve been going through this. 😔
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    The way our minds keep looping to places where we used to belong but don't anymore. Why can't I concentrate on the here and now and let the past go?
    Maybe because it felt too d@mn good to let it go and I keep comparing it to now. :s

Story of my life!
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Options
    Food
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I’ve been a medical dumpster fire the past year. Lots of weird but unrelated appts and even a surgery for things that no one else seems to deal with.

Today I see a dr for lower abdominal pain I have had since July. I have had several trips to the ER, ultrasounds, etc, and they don’t tell me anything consistent. I’ve been trying to get an answer/solution for months while dealing with growing, near-constant pain.

I got my hopes up that the guy I see today will have an answer, but realistically I’m just staring down a long road of more tests and procedures.

It is really affecting how I feel about myself. I am embarrassed of my situation, I feel old and frail and wimpy. ( @KosmosKitten America, amirite) Every time I have to miss work or spend a day laying in bed, I feel my value spiral.

I hope you get some answers today 🙂
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

Good luck and feel better!!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Biases, especially those around gender and sexuality.

The overt ones, the covert ones or the subconscious ones ingrained in people from a young age that they may not even recognize or realize? Or all of the above?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I just got back from the doctor. I have balance problems but figure I shouldn't be having them when I sit down and I'd been falling asleep on the toilet (I know why) but tilting over and injuring myself so figured it was time to see someone.

A tetanus shot, some blood work that needed to be done anyway, a referral for physical therapy, and a quickie exam later, they also want to do an mri just in case.

My response was, "Do I need to prep for that? Do I need to rewatch House?" (The MRI of Dooooooooooom for anyone who watched that show. :))

I know I didn't REALLY injure my skull when I fell in the bathroom...twice...because I figure it would have knocked some sense into me.

Weird that I suddenly got a little nervous tho. Maybe I'm afraid I'll get claustrophobic.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Ah yes, America and its wonky ingrained cultural values. Always a delight.

We're all hoping you get answers soon, even if the answer is more akin to a clue and the eventual reveal must snowball (with several other clues) for you to find relief. Medical science is interesting, but much like any other science, it's always playing "catch up" to modern discoveries (which are ever-changing and fluid).

Do your best to take care of yourself and don't beat yourself up too much for having a lie-in when needed. You aren't any less valuable because of it. Do what's best for you to get up and going again, whenever that is. And of course, it's a plus if you can tell your brain to shut it and stop whispering dark thoughts and words, but I do understand that it is very, very hard to do. :heart:
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    “Exciting new things”? Sounds scary.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,511 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Can hardly wait, lol 🙄🤣
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Can hardly wait, lol 🙄🤣

^^ My sentiments, exactly.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Wondering what's wrong with the exciting old things? Hope nothing good disappears. :(