What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »
    I wonder what would happen if mfp introduced the “top 8” to profiles.

Hmmm... elaborate

It was just a curiosity. Would people even care or would they not care? Would it hint at anything? What kind of emotions would it evoke in people that are having relationships with other mfp’ers? Personally I’d rank it by length of friendship, be it male or female, if it existed. I was just curious about human behavior and what a top 8 would communicate.
    I don’t know what you mean by a top eight. Is that a myspace thing?

Yeah it was. I read something about twitter introducing it in December but I don’t have twitter so idk. The article was saying introducing that feature picked up engagement for the site. I was just curious if people would read into it or not care at all. I was thinking out loud.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options

Hmmm... elaborate

It was just a curiosity. Would people even care or would they not care? Would it hint at anything? What kind of emotions would it evoke in people that are having relationships with other mfp’ers? Personally I’d rank it by length of friendship, be it male or female, if it existed. I was just curious about human behavior and what a top 8 would communicate.

Yeah it was. I read something about twitter introducing it in December but I don’t have twitter so idk. The article was saying introducing that feature picked up engagement for the site. I was just curious if people would read into it or not care at all. I was thinking out loud.

OK my sister explained it to me. She said it caused a lot of drama and her friend group and that she eventually learned the code to write over it

• TwitchyMagee
    Options
    This could get interesting
    It won’t though because people won’t actually answer
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I have numerous mfp "flings" 🤷‍♀️ but I'm not taken. And I'm sure they all have numerous too 😏😂

I can’t find an appropriate emoji but thank you for answering
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I know of one person who would have answered this honestly and with great insight
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,200 Member
    Options
    Seasonal allergies....well not allergies since I have none yet the second i step outside my eyes are itchy and my nose was runny
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

Hmmm... elaborate

OK my sister explained it to me. She said it caused a lot of drama and her friend group and that she eventually learned the code to write over it

I figured it would probably cause drama.

As far as what people do for flings/relationships and what not - I genuinely don’t care. That’s their business. That might seem cold, but I find it’s better to not get involved or judge because who knows what people are going through day to day and their situation.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    When people have an MFP fling, whatever that means to you, are they open about it in the community forums? Like how would you know if your MFP boyfriend was also the MFP boyfriend to five other women? And would you be OK with that if you did know?

I think back in the day it was more obvious to find out who was with who. Who had more than one mfp gf because you'd see multiple woman posting similarities about a certain someone...now not so much now.
    I am both clueless and paranoid and I never know what’s going on😂
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hmmm... elaborate

I figured it would probably cause drama.

As far as what people do for flings/relationships and what not - I genuinely don’t care. That’s their business. That might seem cold, but I find it’s better to not get involved or judge because who
    knows what people are going through day to day and their situation.
    Yeah, I’m nosy. No judgment whatsoever but I am nosy as *kitten*

Eta: I’m probably not being fair to myself. I am interested in how & why people make the choices they do and how they keep themselves safe and happy.

Also as someone who interacts on here regularly I would like to know that I’m not stepping on anyone’s toes.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,520 Member
    Options
    I love watching my grandkids play soccer but….🥱 I need nap.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Have you ever knocked over a can of soda, picked it up, started wiping up the mess, and then knocked over the same can of soda as you are cleaning it up? And then the whole day is like that?
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    When people have an MFP fling, whatever that means to you, are they open about it in the community forums? Like how would you know if your MFP boyfriend was also the MFP boyfriend to five other women? And would you be OK with that if you did know?

so if love myself, do i get mad at myself for having an online relationship with myself?
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

so if love myself, do i get mad at myself for having an online relationship with myself?
    you could be happily polyamorous with yourself
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options

probably, some days there are a lot of me's in my head
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

probably, some days there are a lot of me's in my head
    Sounds like a fun place
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Karma is a b****
    and she will visit you.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    My cancer drive lady today. She's super cool and was telling me how her type of cancer can spread to the brain so doesn't have a great prognosis. But she said she's competitive and hopes to prove the doctors wrong. I like her!
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Also why did an ambulance leave the hospital with lights and sirens shouldn't it be the other way around
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I finally laid eyes on the cop that lives down the street.
    Hubba Hubba 😍
    What is it with these hot body cops?
    I might need to start getting pulled over more often. 😉😂