What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• _Redux
    _Redux Posts: 87 Member
    Options

My emotional attachment to the people I care for is both a curse and a blessing. Every ounce of who I am goes into taking care of them with love and tenderness...then they begin their trip "home."

From their point of view, it's only a blessing - people in situations like that really appreciate people who are as empathetic as you are.

When my grandmother went into a care home with dementia, most of the staff were professional but unattached, but occasionally there was that one 'all in' carer who clearly lived to make the residents more comfortable in any way they could - and from our perspective as a family, we really valued that kind of compassionate carer because we couldn't be there all the time. That person is you! But yeah, no doubt you suffer for it when you lose them, that sounds ridiculously tough - and very selfless.

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    _Redux wrote: »

My emotional attachment to the people I care for is both a curse and a blessing. Every ounce of who I am goes into taking care of them with love and tenderness...then they begin their trip "home."

From their point of view, it's only a blessing - people in situations like that really appreciate people who are as empathetic as you are.

When my grandmother went into a care home with dementia, most of the staff were professional but unattached, but occasionally there was that one 'all in' carer who clearly lived to make the residents more comfortable in any way they could - and from our perspective as a family, we really valued that kind of compassionate carer because we couldn't be there all the time. That person is you! But yeah, no doubt you suffer for it when you lose them, that sounds ridiculously tough - and very selfless.

This made me smile. Thank you!

My heart is in my work, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Also, it's so good to see you're still here 🤗
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    I stepped out of my comfort zone and treated myself to lunch yesterday. Doing it by myself, for myself, and with myself. It wasn't exactly comfortable when the waitress decided to ask "are you waiting for someone?" Well, um, no. I'm here by myself, for myself, with myself. Then I ordered a drink, and when it arrived it was the size of a fish bowl. I thought to myself "maybe this wasn't such a good idea." What happens when I get half way through this bowl and I can't drive myself home? What a waste of 15.00! Then I remember this was for myself, and I'd finish this drink by myself, with myself. Even if I have to sit in my car for two hours and wait for my sober self to drive myself home. Moral of the story - I realize now why I don't do things by myself....bc I need a sober drive.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I stepped out of my comfort zone and treated myself to lunch yesterday. Doing it by myself, for myself, and with myself. It wasn't exactly comfortable when the waitress decided to ask "are you waiting for someone?" Well, um, no. I'm here by myself, for myself, with myself. Then I ordered a drink, and when it arrived it was the size of a fish bowl. I thought to myself "maybe this wasn't such a good idea." What happens when I get half way through this bowl and I can't drive myself home? What a waste of 15.00! Then I remember this was for myself, and I'd finish this drink by myself, with myself. Even if I have to sit in my car for two hours and wait for my sober self to drive myself home. Moral of the story - I realize now why I don't do things by myself....bc I need a sober drive.
    That’s really the only good reason to have company

But also Uber
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,016 Member
    Options
    I’m worried I may be becoming self-aware.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

I knew you were AI!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options

No doggie bag for the drink, huh?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,016 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

I knew you were AI!

NVM…false alarm

f7abmjzsojck.jpeg
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I opted to sit in my car and sober up, that's what a responsible adult would do.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I opted to sit in my car and sober up, that's what a responsible adult would do.

True. I don't drink so I got drunk just reading the post :)
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    When people have an MFP fling, whatever that means to you, are they open about it in the community forums? Like how would you know if your MFP boyfriend was also the MFP boyfriend to five other women? And would you be OK with that if you did know?
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    When people have an MFP fling, whatever that means to you, are they open about it in the community forums? Like how would you know if your MFP boyfriend was also the MFP boyfriend to five other women? And would you be OK with that if you did know?

If this is you revealing you're cheating on me, it's ok bc I have four other accounts that you don't know about. And I'm not even mad at you...you a prude and I get nudes elsewhere

So that's that
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

If this is you revealing you're cheating on me, it's ok bc I have four other accounts that you don't know about. And I'm not even mad at you...you a prude and I get nudes elsewhere

So that's that
    a cool thing about you is that you are surprising and delightful, surprisingly delightful, and delightfully surprising
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

So that's that
    a cool thing about you is that you are surprising and delightful, surprisingly delightful, and delightfully surprising

You have been paying attention all these years. ❤️
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I wonder what would happen if mfp introduced the “top 8” to profiles.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »

Hmmm... elaborate
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hmmm... elaborate

It was just a curiosity. Would people even care or would they not care? Would it hint at anything? What kind of emotions would it evoke in people that are having relationships with other mfp’ers? Personally I’d rank it by length of friendship, be it male or female, if it existed. I was just curious about human behavior and what a top 8 would communicate.
  • Foster68port
    Foster68port Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    This could get interesting
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Hmmm... elaborate

It was just a curiosity. Would people even care or would they not care? Would it hint at anything? What kind of emotions would it evoke in people that are having relationships with other mfp’ers? Personally I’d rank it by length of friendship, be it male or female, if it existed. I was just curious about human behavior and what a top 8 would communicate.
    I don’t know what you mean by a top eight. Is that a myspace thing?
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options

I think back in the day it was more obvious to find out who was with who. Who had more than one mfp gf because you'd see multiple woman posting similarities about a certain someone...now not so much now.