nc53eo6vvmyr.gif
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Possible isolated thunderstorm ⛈️ today. I’ve been there, thunderstorm. 😔🤗
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    A friend, a long time gym buddy, was struck & killed riding her bike to the gym a couple of weeks ago. She was the bestest & brightest & so awesome

Yet in all the time I knew her I never pursued cultivating a deeper friendship even though she would have been amenable. And now it’s too late. My very great loss. Why do I keep so many of my friendships on a surface level? Is this a habit I want to continue?

Sorry to hear this -
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    @itchmyTwitch - I’m sorry for your loss. (I don’t know what to say to your post, so I hugged it instead).

Welcome back. (This place was a ghost town without you)
  • jbs116
    Options
    A friend, a long time gym buddy, was struck & killed riding her bike to the gym a couple of weeks ago. She was the bestest & brightest & so awesome

Yet in all the time I knew her I never pursued cultivating a deeper friendship even though she would have been amenable. And now it’s too late. My very great loss. Why do I keep so many of my friendships on a surface level? Is this a habit I want to continue?

This is beyond traumatic. I am so sorry. I know deep relationships are really the only thing that matters in this life, yet I also do not often pursue them.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Sorry to hear this -
    litha_ wrote: »
    @itchmyTwitch - I’m sorry for your loss. (I don’t know what to say to your post, so I hugged it instead).

Welcome back. (This place was a ghost town without you)
    jbs116 wrote: »

This is beyond traumatic. I am so sorry. I know deep relationships are really the only thing that matters in this life, yet I also do not often pursue them.

Thank you for the kindness

• jbs116
    Options
    laec9um5gxti.png

Everything is fine.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,333 Member
    Options

How very sad what a tragic accident. Sorry for the loss of your buddy
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,333 Member
    Options
    What I need to pack for this weekend trip
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

How very sad what a tragic accident. Sorry for the loss of your buddy

Thank you. It’s going to be weird & lonely without her
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    My neighbor gave us some vegetables from their garden - they have an awesome little garden - I really need to pick their brain next year and get some of that older generation knowledge- something I regret when I was younger is not soaking up lessons from my grandparents
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,093 Member
    Options
    What I need to pack for this weekend trip

You just got home! 😂
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I ate a mulberry from a tree on public land on my walk today. Compensation for it being hot as the devil’s back door
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,319 Member
    Options
    I ate a mulberry from a tree on public land on my walk today. Compensation for it being hot as the devil’s back door
    You deserved it. Funny thing. I just discovered a mulberry bush in my yard over the weekend and tried my first berry