What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    I don’t really care that I’m fat. What does bother me immensely is that my eating is out of control. All this work… all these years… and sometimes I feel I’m back at the beginning having no control and no idea why I’m using food as a comfort despite the whole thing being uncomfortable.

Thank you for letting me journal here.

This! I feel this so much.

I knew I was not alone in this and that is comforting, but I also hate this is familiar to you as well.
  • jbs116
    Options
    I don’t really care that I’m fat. What does bother me immensely is that my eating is out of control. All this work… all these years… and sometimes I feel I’m back at the beginning having no control and no idea why I’m using food as a comfort despite the whole thing being uncomfortable.

I feel like exercise is so much easier than not over eating. I never really stopped working out but somehow I lost the thread of how to control my diet. Now I am back in the groove, but it still worries me because this is a weight loss phase and I’m not sure I ever learned how to maintain.

I do find it comforting that so many of us have gone through something similar. Not just comforting, but also inspiring and motivating. It also makes us much more real and relatable rather than just an image that must be maintained.

Captains log, earth date 10.14.2023.

I appreciate you sharing a bit, itchmy. I have so much more to say about all this. I love your second paragraph. The idea that you simply need to control your eating, change your habits, count your calories, etc with no attention given to the reasons we overeat is the default of the “fitness” industry… especially this place.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    Why can’t I find an open Starbucks or any coffee shop for that matter?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,331 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Why can’t I find an open Starbucks or any coffee shop for that matter?
    I've had this same problem. I usually ask a hotel valet driver
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    One of the last things my dad cooked was a pot of chili. I remember picking up all the ingredients for him. How good it smelt cooking. After he passed, I took the container of leftovers out of his freezer, and brought it home with me. It’s cold, and raining today. I pulled the chili out of my freezer. I’ve teared up a few times when I look at it. Chili is what’s for dinner.

❤️
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    How something beautiful such as this exists.

t6747jsg7aq1.jpeg
  • eatpolerepeat
    eatpolerepeat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    One of the last things my dad cooked was a pot of chili. I remember picking up all the ingredients for him. How good it smelt cooking. After he passed, I took the container of leftovers out of his freezer, and brought it home with me. It’s cold, and raining today. I pulled the chili out of my freezer. I’ve teared up a few times when I look at it. Chili is what’s for dinner.

🤗❤️
  • eatpolerepeat
    eatpolerepeat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    How something beautiful such as this exists.

t6747jsg7aq1.jpeg

Oh my 🤤
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I’ve been following this lady on TikTok who’s hiking the Appalachian Trail with her son. She is about two years older than I am. She’s still in New Hampshire and it’s mid-October. And I really hope she makes it to Katahdin.🤞
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    q1df6ujy033y.jpeg
  • jbs116
    Options
    q1df6ujy033y.jpeg

Yep. Major 🚩
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    q1df6ujy033y.jpeg

Yep. Major 🚩

now i NEED one
  • jbs116
    Options
    q1df6ujy033y.jpeg

Yep. Major 🚩

now i NEED one

😂 Write it out furiously in deranged handwriting
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 664 Member
    Options

Reading your thoughts really hit me in how we view ourselves. I do not see you as fat in any way. You are in great shape even if you feel out of control right now. I will always see myself as fat, even when I am not. My emotions are constantly trying to thwart my own control regarding eating. Yes, I eat my emotions or stuff them all together. Maybe this is part of the whole comfort issue, however, you will not always be out of control...I know you'll figure it out. 🦋
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options

This is one of the sweetest things I’ve read. Very sad. But very sweet.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options

Hugs my friend
  • jbs116
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

I’m struggling with this right now as well - and haven’t worked out in 2 weeks smh - I’ve considered getting my gym mbrship back even though I have a home gym now - it’s weird but I think i prefer going to the public gym - I’m also drinking too much lately which leads to not giving a chit what I eat - but today is a new opportunity to make better choices right -

Right there with you. I’m getting 1-2 workouts a week. Max. I’m not drinking much lately but still eat like I’m drunk 😂. Absolutely. No guilt or beating myself up about it. Just try to figure out today.

I miss all the equipments options of a real gym.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited October 2023
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

I’m struggling with this right now as well - and haven’t worked out in 2 weeks smh - I’ve considered getting my gym mbrship back even though I have a home gym now - it’s weird but I think i prefer going to the public gym - I’m also drinking too much lately which leads to not giving a chit what I eat - but today is a new opportunity to make better choices right -
    For me, there’s something about being near people even if I don’t want to actually interact with them that gives me energy. Plus the act of paying for it and actually going to a place means I’m more likely to do a workout than I am if I use equipment at home.

Also, one of my two gyms is closing down. Luckily, it’s just my back up. But I need to keep it in mind so that external factors don’t have a negative impact on my health.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,331 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I'm always amazed at how much traffic there is in Manhattan - even on Sunday