Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,359 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Cajunbby93 wrote: »
    n6yfbs3nd7sx.jpeg
    My bestie reposted this a little while ago online. I don’t think they don’t want to protect and provide. It’s in their dna. I think some of them are on powertrips. I think some men don’t realize their partners are just as exhausted as them because a women may not have a physically demanding job and they do. Some of them have childhood trauma or relationship trauma and it makes it hard for them to see past that. Anyway. That had my thoughts provoked for like 20 minutes.
    I'm so glad I can't relate to this sweeping generalization ("a whole era of men")
  • Cajunbby93
    Cajunbby93 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    n6yfbs3nd7sx.jpeg
    My bestie reposted this a little while ago online. I don’t think they don’t want to protect and provide. It’s in their dna. I think some of them are on powertrips. I think some men don’t realize their partners are just as exhausted as them because a women may not have a physically demanding job and they do. Some of them have childhood trauma or relationship trauma and it makes it hard for them to see past that. Anyway. That had my thoughts provoked for like 20 minutes.

If a woman find herself with such a man - why stay and pitch about it - why not peal the band aid off and move on - maybe they want to be the one to fix him?? Or maybe it’s due to how they’ve witnessed relationships play out - either way the human condition is fascinating right ?

Some people are definitely fixers. I think some people want to believe in the potential that a person has. Maybe it wasn’t always like that and it started happening more and more over time and by the she realized what was happening and she said something the other person got used to getting away with the bare minimum and isn’t interested in anything more than the minimum.
    The human condition is very interesting.
  • Wascally_Wabbit
    Wascally_Wabbit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    n6yfbs3nd7sx.jpeg
    I'm so glad I can't relate to this sweeping generalization ("a whole era of men")

It's a pretty wide net, how'd you get so lucky?
  • _Brigit
    _Brigit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    n6yfbs3nd7sx.jpeg

I agree with your bestie. Just let her know there are still some good men out there. You just need to know what to look for and what to avoid.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I synced my phone to the gym stereo & now I can’t leave cuz a hardcore gymmie is in the middle of a truly badass timed workout
  • Cajunbby93
    Options
    kv4l7k6a66sm.jpeg
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    kv4l7k6a66sm.jpeg
    It’s ok. I’ll spot you
  • Books_n_butter
    Books_n_butter Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    kv4l7k6a66sm.jpeg

Felt
  • Cajunbby93
    Options
    kv4l7k6a66sm.jpeg
    It’s ok. I’ll spot you

So what your saying is we’re gunna have so much fun!
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    kv4l7k6a66sm.jpeg
    It’s ok. I’ll spot you

So what your saying is we’re gunna have so much fun!

Abso kitten lutely
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Sometimes I am hungry for my meal but chewing feels like a lot of work
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I once had a boyfriend who could do this thing where I would cross my arms & he would lift me up & sort of bend & shake & my back would crack in the most wonderful way. I did not properly appreciate that
  • Cajunbby93
    Options
    My neighbors teenaged son keeps running away. Like wtf is going on in that house. They sent him to
    Boot camp he ran away from boot camp..
    I wanna be like yo. Get your kid some therapy or something. Because punishment isn’t working. Obviously he’s struggling with something deeper.
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,195 Member
    Options
    Homework and the feeling of being overwhelmed right now.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,668 Member
    Options

I can relate. Thats why I do soup
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

I can relate. Thats why I do soup

Yes! I had spicy red lentil soup for supper
  • Books_n_butter
    Books_n_butter Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    I don’t really care that I’m fat. What does bother me immensely is that my eating is out of control. All this work… all these years… and sometimes I feel I’m back at the beginning having no control and no idea why I’m using food as a comfort despite the whole thing being uncomfortable.

Thank you for letting me journal here.

This! I feel this so much.

• itchmyTwitch
    edited October 2023
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    I don’t really care that I’m fat. What does bother me immensely is that my eating is out of control. All this work… all these years… and sometimes I feel I’m back at the beginning having no control and no idea why I’m using food as a comfort despite the whole thing being uncomfortable.

Thank you for letting me journal here.

I feel like exercise is so much easier than not over eating. I never really stopped working out but somehow I lost the thread of how to control my diet. Now I am back in the groove, but it still worries me because this is a weight loss phase and I’m not sure I ever learned how to maintain.

I do find it comforting that so many of us have gone through something similar. Not just comforting, but also inspiring and motivating. It also makes us much more real and relatable rather than just an image that must be maintained.

Captains log, earth date 10.14.2023.