What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to juggle being Mom's respite care for Dad, and ensuring my newly diagnosed diabetic cat is safe. We're starting with diet since he isn't spiking too high, and then retesting. But low carb for kitty is wet food. How am I supposed to leave him overnight? Sigh.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    just_moi6 wrote: »
    I’m my own worst enemy sometimes, I have a battle going on in my head, my spinal surgeon yesterday said I’m much worse and need surgery now and I’m asking if I can fix it with more exercise instead because my recovery will be 4-6 months meaning I have to make arrangements for people to take over from what I do on a daily basis.. including finding 4 carers to look after my disabled daughter and my 1yr old granddaughter will have to go into childcare 4 days a week, plus is the business gonna suffer and who’s gonna make me the food I need to keep my macros balanced to keep my blood sugars balanced so I don’t end up fatter and diabetic and and and ..

I just have to keep telling myself I need to have it done to prevent further damage to my spinal cords which would be detrimental to my mobility and irreparable 🙄 I can do this right???

You can. You have your checklist. Know what needs to be done 🤗
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I’m my own worst enemy sometimes, I have a battle going on in my head, my spinal surgeon yesterday said I’m much worse and need surgery now and I’m asking if I can fix it with more exercise instead because my recovery will be 4-6 months meaning I have to make arrangements for people to take over from what I do on a daily basis.. including finding 4 carers to look after my disabled daughter and my 1yr old granddaughter will have to go into childcare 4 days a week, plus is the business gonna suffer and who’s gonna make me the food I need to keep my macros balanced to keep my blood sugars balanced so I don’t end up fatter and diabetic and and and ..

I just have to keep telling myself I need to have it done to prevent further damage to my spinal cords which would be detrimental to my mobility and irreparable 🙄 I can do this right???

Oh wow, you've got a lot on your plate. :( Can you hook up with some kind of social services through your hospital? Hopefully they can help you put some of that into place?
    Priorities, and 1 step at a time. AND wishing you the very best of luck with everything ahead of you!!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I know I can get long-winded on forums at times, but wow........some posters think nothing of writing long-A S S technical books. :/
    BTW, I love the chit-chat forum, so it doesn't happen here.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    I seriously had become allergic to technology for a while...all technology made me depressed, but I'm trying to get back to it

I noticed this in myself yesterday. Other than a four mile walk I was on technology all day. I felt disgusting and depressed at the end of the day
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

So sorry you're going through this. It sounds like you've made a good decision about what to do for you physically.

Good luck and yes, you can do it!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,072 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Internal women's day... I think men should have a day too. Anyways, I'm gonna go back to the kitchen where I belong, my sandwich isn't going to make itself.

I don't have time to mansplain but yes, sandwiches can make themselves :wink:

https://blog.arduino.cc/2019/01/31/cheeseborg-is-a-voice-controlled-robot-that-makes-grilled-cheese-sandwiches/
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Internal women's day... I think men should have a day too. Anyways, I'm gonna go back to the kitchen where I belong, my sandwich isn't going to make itself.

...... be sure to wear a dress with heels.

it's important.

1950s-woman-mother-in-home-kitchen-stock-photography__h1665.jpg
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,183 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

it's important.

Well that B obviously messed that one up. Smh
  • MelG7777
    Options
    PSA
    6yktcofuoltz.jpeg
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

it's important.

Ok

hn59gghaeqbe.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

it's important.

and she should be reprimanded .....
  • MelG7777
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

it's important.

and she should be reprimanded .....

She very well should be.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Baking cookies right now.
    With no dress or heels on.

That's right.
    I'm a rebel. 😎