Lunch was fun today 😊

cf4d7u0otcuf.gif

Hibachi is always a good time -

Yes! The kids and I love it there. 💗
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Saw this earlier today. Anyone wanna go get soup?
    9aj5k18uvz0j.jpeg

That's some good soup. Patron? 😊😎😎
  • cdubks88
    Options
    Still a decent cyclist after more than two months off the bike. Wish I could still run without my knees exploding though.

na1wdi1rgx56.png

Great job!
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Lunch was fun today 😊

cf4d7u0otcuf.gif

those skills made me smile - and the fact you all enjoyed it too :)
  • cdubks88
    edited March 2020
    Options
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-me-in-we/201205/how-trauma-is-carried-across-generations

this makes sense for me personally in a lot of ways. i think many people can relate to this. what further nailed me was the reference to splitting the orange for everyone. i remember my mom telling me when she was 5 she had her first orange ever. she was so malnourished during the war that my grandmother took her out to the countryside, where she begged and traded one of her coats for a dozen eggs from a farmer so my mom and uncle could some get some nourishment. they had been displaced from Latvia and had next to nothing. it's no wonder she went on and on about me finishing all the food on my plate as a child - as *there were kids starving all over the world*

she continued to have a love/hate relationship with food/body image that was passed down to me. i wish she were still here so i could say - mom - it's ok.....you made it through that time, and i'm grateful anyway as you did the best you could! :s

Can completely relate. Dad grew up alot of winters not knowing if they'd eat that night and if they did, it was hunted, including squirrel, because that's all they had the means....

Made me appreciate not wasting as a kid. For my dad, grandma and others of that time, it was completely incomprehensible to waste when you had lived firsthand through times like that.

Try to teach our kids that while we are so blessed with much, just because we have much doesn't mean we need to take much. I try to teach them the principle is not only wasteful, but it truly is heartbreaking to consider others don't have yet we do and would care so little for that provision.....
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    So. 8 + billion dollars appointed towards cleaning up this coronavirus thing. Wouldn't it be cool to be one of the scientists working on it, and your team cleans it up in 2 weeks flat at a cost of only six billion dollars and the rest of the money gets passed out as bonuses for good work.

..... or we take the extra 6 billion and have one big outdoor BBQ
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Lunch was fun today 😊

cf4d7u0otcuf.gif

I haven't been to a good hibachi grill in a while. Last time was when I got together with some friends before I moved.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Lunch was fun today 😊

cf4d7u0otcuf.gif

I haven't been to a good hibachi grill in a while. Last time was when I got together with some friends before I moved.

We hadn't been there in a while. Good food and good entertainment 😊
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Lunch was fun today 😊

cf4d7u0otcuf.gif

We hadn't been there in a while. Good food and good entertainment 😊

Definitely! I miss my friends. Might have to make some new ones here and find a hibachi or other restaurant to make new memories.

I was just looking old pictures. When I look at myself I barely recognize that woman. Not because I have no hair anymore or look a little different but because of where I was mentally back then.

I'll never be grateful that I got cancer but I'm grateful for the person that it has allowed me to become.

- I no longer take things for granted.
    - Somehow I've carved out a life that I love (not always) but most of the time I try to see the good more than the bad.
    - I no longer live in the future.
    - I learned to be thankful and forgive.
    - I'm here... grateful for the air in my lungs and the beautiful people in my life.

I had no idea you were going through anything until recently, as I've stayed out of ChitChat for the most part for various reasons. Very sorry to hear, and you have a great attitude with the above. It's unfortunate that sometimes it takes such serious things for us to realize these things.

Having grown up with a parent who had a debilitating disease that took their life, being involved with a woman who had cancer, and other friends/family members with various diseases and medical conditions has had an impact on my life.

I wish you all the best, and I'm sure you already have a lot of support. But, my inbox is always open if you want or need :)
  • cdubks88
    Options
    I was just looking old pictures. When I look at myself I barely recognize that woman. Not because I have no hair anymore or look a little different but because of where I was mentally back then.

I'll never be grateful that I got cancer but I'm grateful for the person that it has allowed me to become.

- Somehow I've carved out a life that I love (not always) but most of the time I try to see the good more than the bad.
    - I'm here... grateful for the air in my lungs and the beautiful people in my life.

You're amazing. 😊
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »

You're amazing. 😊

Someone seems to disagree 🤷‍♀️🤣
  • cdubks88
    Options

You're amazing. 😊

They obviously don't know you at all then....
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options

You're amazing. 😊

giphy.gif
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

You're amazing. 😊

giphy.gif

right! *kitten* be *kitten*