What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,451 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about journaling. I don't have an outlet to get my thoughts out and I'm thinking maybe writing them down will help. Maybe I won't feel like everything is weighing me down as much.

I've journaled since I was about 15, near 30 7 years. πŸ™‚ It helps me to see and make sense of how I'm feeling and get to the real root of a problem. I also like reading back over past journals, seeing how I've progressed, how situations changed, see how I handled things. Also, my memory sucks so it helps me remember events etc 😜

B)

Awww.. πŸ€—, you're the best
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about journaling. I don't have an outlet to get my thoughts out and I'm thinking maybe writing them down will help. Maybe I won't feel like everything is weighing me down as much.

that sounds like a good idea K - <3
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options

This is very therapeutic, K. I still write letters to my Mom every time I succeed at something that I think she'd be proud of, or I simply just don't feel good. πŸ˜” Damn, I miss her so much. πŸ’”

*huggggggging you harddddddd* <3<3
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options

I've journaled since I was about 15, near 30 years. πŸ™‚ It helps me to see and make sense of how I'm feeling and get to the real root of a problem. I also like reading back over past journals, seeing how I've progressed, how situations changed, see how I handled things. Also, my memory sucks so it helps me remember events etc 😜

I burn my old journals πŸ”₯
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

I've journaled since I was about 15, near 30 years. πŸ™‚ It helps me to see and make sense of how I'm feeling and get to the real root of a problem. I also like reading back over past journals, seeing how I've progressed, how situations changed, see how I handled things. Also, my memory sucks so it helps me remember events etc 😜

While this is cool (I seriously think it's awesome that y'all can commit to writing down your thoughts atm and work through things), I would end up burning my journals once I looked back and realized how immature, awful or whiny I think I am/sound.

I did the same thing with old art journals. Tons and tons of years just.. burned. Because they made me hate myself more than I already did.

But awesome that it works for y'all. :heart:

OMG. I burn them too.

For slightly different reasons
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: Β»
    @KosmosKitten just a thought but - maybe you need more alkaline food intake? the irony of caffeine is that it’s acidic and can disrupt the acid/alkalinity ph balance in our bodies. Also - maybe not all will agree with this but - quality and freshness of the coffee is important and a good upmarket coffee will give much better energy benefits than some cheap or instant coffee

No clue. I've never heard of this before. I drink coffee for taste (with a little creamer), but that's about all I consume with caffeine in it these days as my soda is sugar free/caffeine free and most of the teas I drink are nominally caffeinated.

Also, I love a freshly ground cup of joe. The smell is the best. I've been enjoying this Coffee Trade subscription I signed up for. They send me freshly ground coffee (or I can get whole beans or whatever I need for however I make coffee) from places all over the country. Different varieties, flavors and roasts. Been nice. My house now smells like a coffee shop. :lol:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

While this is cool (I seriously think it's awesome that y'all can commit to writing down your thoughts atm and work through things), I would end up burning my journals once I looked back and realized how immature, awful or whiny I think I am/sound.

I did the same thing with old art journals. Tons and tons of years just.. burned. Because they made me hate myself more than I already did.

OMG. I burn them too.

Can't have evidence lying around, now can I? :wink:
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

OMG. I burn them too.

Can't have evidence lying around, now can I? :wink:

Exactly.

As for the immature writing. Well, there is an old blog of mine out there and a lot of it, especially the early stuff, makes me cringe -some for style and some for content. I keep it because it holds a lot of memories and because if anyone is ever interested in the evolution of me, it’s a good place to look.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,451 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

OMG. I burn them too.

I actually found that many things I worried about at the time I wrote, turned out ok.. it helps me see that whilst things are not great at the time I write, in time.. they become nothing, a mere bump in the road. I'm reminded everyday that I will at some point look back and wonder what the the hell was I worried about πŸ™‚

Organised already with my daughter.. this is her job on my death bed 😁
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

OMG. I burn them too.

I actually found that many things I worried about at the time I wrote, turned out ok.. it helps me see that whilst things are not great at the time I write, in time.. they become nothing, a mere bump in the road. I'm reminded everyday that I will at some point look back and wonder what the the hell was I worried about πŸ™‚

Organised already with my daughter.. this is her job on my death bed 😁

My sister is charged with deleting my browser history and alerting mfp of my demise
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: Β»
    Why am I so sensitive πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

I ask myself this all the time......
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    South Park needs to come back just to do the coronavirus episode
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Jealous of S ... Selfie in the middle of a snow field ... Rub it in why don't cha!! It 76Β° here ... Cannot wait until it rains tonight hopefully.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

Great idea, K!