What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,143 Member
    Options
    Starting to feel like I need to disappear.

Don’t you dare

I agree with Twitch... please no
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,990 Member
    Options
    I’m trying but I just can’t eat anymore big *kitten* salads. Ima switch to sammiches
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,845 Member
    Options

Don’t you dare
    cmsienk wrote: »

Don’t you dare

I agree with Twitch... please no

You are so sweet! ❤️☺️
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Y’all know about the phone thing on October 4?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options

False.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,273 Member
    Options
    I wonder how I got this bruise on my thigh
  • redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Random, unidentified injuries seem more and more common the older I get. In your case I'd say it's almost certainly skating related :D
  • redux1985
    edited September 2023
    Options

The government did it in the UK a few months ago, a way of testing the emergency alert system. Everybody thought it was in case we have a nuclear exchange with Russia or something. Your phone may screech...uhh..alarmingly.

It was feared it would cause car accidents and such, but in practise, nothing bad happened. A few dirty looks at the cinema, mind.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    redux1985 wrote: »

The government did it in the UK a few months ago, a way of testing the emergency alert system. Everybody thought it was in case we have a nuclear exchange with Russia or something. Your phone may screech...uhh..alarmingly.

It was feared it would cause car accidents and such, but in practise, nothing bad happened. A few dirty looks at the cinema, mind.

the two scenarios I heard where it could be kind of bad were in the case of victims of domestic violence having a hidden phone and prisoners having a hidden phone
  • redux1985
    edited September 2023
    Options

the two scenarios I heard where it could be kind of bad were in the case of victims of domestic violence having a hidden phone and prisoners having a hidden phone

This is fair.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I keep hearing how genetic scientists are working to make a Wooly Mammoth.

We can’t seem to keep the human scum from killing the elephants that are left on the planet.

Why Wooly Mammoths?
    Seems incredibly stupid to me. 🤯
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

This is fair.
    🥰
  • redux1985
    Options

We can’t seem to keep the human scum from killing the elephants that are left on the planet.

Why Wooly Mammoths?

It is absolutely stupid. I say this as a man of science who spent a decade working in the field of genetics; often the reasons cited by the scientific community for carrying out (insert morally questionable experiment here) are utterly bogus, and the truth of the matter is closer to "we can so we will" meanwhile people clap along to this sort of thing because bringing back mammoths "would be cool".

You'd have thought we'd have learned something from the other 5,000 times we've f---ed things up with short sightedness. But no, our hubris knows no bounds.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Why Wooly Mammoths?

OK, but it would be a really cool movie
  • honey_honey_12
    Options

Why Wooly Mammoths?

It is absolutely stupid. I say this as a man of science who spent a decade working in the field of genetics; often the reasons cited by the scientific community for carrying out (insert morally questionable experiment here) are utterly bogus, and the truth of the matter is closer to "we can so we will" meanwhile people clap along to this sort of thing because bringing back mammoths "would be cool".

You'd have thought we'd have learned something from the other 5,000 times we've f---ed things up with short sightedness. But no, our hubris knows no bounds.

Well said and I completely agree. 😊
  • spacetreemonkey
    spacetreemonkey Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I only have about 500 calories left for the day and it's only like 1pm. I can't walk the dog because it's raining and I'm babysitting. Hopefully I can do some exercise tonight. I don't want to overeat or eat til maintenance level, but I probably will to keep my sanity. I've been eating within my calories all week and my weight hasn't gone down, even though I drank two or three litres of water before I went to bed last night. I thought I would pee some fat out, but no. I wish I had some NSVs to lean on. Haven't really noticed anything different today.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,273 Member
    Options

Random, unidentified injuries seem more and more common the older I get. In your case I'd say it's almost certainly skating related :D

It's in a weird spot. Probably walked into something....I'll have to go measure it up with a table or counter top 😂
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I only have about 500 calories left for the day and it's only like 1pm. I can't walk the dog because it's raining and I'm babysitting. Hopefully I can do some exercise tonight. I don't want to overeat or eat til maintenance level, but I probably will to keep my sanity. I've been eating within my calories all week and my weight hasn't gone down, even though I drank two or three litres of water before I went to bed last night. I thought I would pee some fat out, but no. I wish I had some NSVs to lean on. Haven't really noticed anything different today.

Actually you don't "pee it out", it comes out as vapor as you breath--sort of like a furnace burning fuel.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    my organization receiving a sizable donation toward suicide prevention, the money raised by the best friend of a kid who didn’t make it & I wish it could bring him back
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited September 2023
    Options
    my boss having a phone conference & all of us here in the office jumping up & standing at our desks when the person on the other end of the line begins the call with the national anthem ❤️ but also 😂