What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Well I ran for the first time maybe...ever. I ran a mile (without stopping) and then walked like 15 minutes. Then ran a mile back (with walking for maybe 20 seconds 2 times that time). Which is a huge accomplishment for me. But OOOOMMMMGGGG, my legs hurt and I feel dead. And I’m hoping it wasn’t a mistake.

That is awesome Mel!!!!!!! 😀
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    The "enemies" thread has made me realize that once again, I don't really have any "enemies" to speak of. The people who hurt me aren't in my life anymore and I refuse to let them have power over me.

The "enemies" I might have had when I was younger I learned were emotionally or mentally stunted (and I mean that seriously), so even though they tortured me and made my life hell when I was younger, it came out later why they acted and lashed out as they did.

Also, the cousin of the one dude, I tracked down and said "hello" to at his residence on campus (we went to the same college and the addresses were public at the time). He freaked out sooooooooo hard... thought I was there to start *kitten*. I just wanted to say hi... and then realized he was trippin' when I opened the door. Coincidentally, his name is, in fact, Tripp. :lol:
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Well I ran for the first time maybe...ever. I ran a mile (without stopping) and then walked like 15 minutes. Then ran a mile back (with walking for maybe 20 seconds 2 times that time). Which is a huge accomplishment for me. But OOOOMMMMGGGG, my legs hurt and I feel dead. And I’m hoping it wasn’t a mistake.

You'll hurt for a week, then never again... If you don't over do it like I have
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options

Gotta start somewhere Mel - stick with it and you’ll improve slowly- I really need to get more cardio in - I’ve slacked off on cardio since the beginning of the year
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    This forum is the only one that people actually reply to me in, I may just have to stick around

Welcome to chit chat -I’ve heard it’s not the same as it was back in the day - but I came in at the end of those days. Some days it’s dead in here - other days it’s pretty funny - waiting for the love letter to your enemy js
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    This forum is the only one that people actually reply to me in, I may just have to stick around

Welcome to chit chat -I’ve heard it’s not the same as it was back in the day - but I came in at the end of those days. Some days it’s dead in here - other days it’s pretty funny - waiting for the love letter to your enemy js

Thanks! I popped in the forums once a long time ago but kind of forgot about them. I posted in a few forums this weekend and felt like I was talking to myself in all of them but this one. My enemy js?
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

That's awesome, Mel. Great job! 😊😁😎
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

Glad you're here. 😊
  • GettinLean19
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »

Glad you're here. 😊

Thank you! 🤗
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options

Thanks! I popped in the forums once a long time ago but kind of forgot about them. I posted in a few forums this weekend and felt like I was talking to myself in all of them but this one. My enemy js?

I saw your #deadfish comment elsewhere; okay.... alright.
  • GettinLean19
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I saw your #deadfish comment elsewhere; okay.... alright.

🤣
  • cowsfan12
    Options

The enemy thread - waiting for your love letter you’re gonna write - just sayin - lol
  • GettinLean19
    Options

The enemy thread - waiting for your love letter you’re gonna write - just sayin - lol

I thought the js was someone’s initials and I wondered how you knew 👀😯
  • GettinLean19
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I been here ~3 years, I know some people been here a whole lot lot longer...so can't say for more than that

...I think the "good old days" are somewhat of a myth... I think, an interpretation of (your) psyche at that moment maybe a bit?

we make it what it is here, imo - it's as "fun or boring" as we are, the contributors - people come and go (I love it when people I love come back!)

I think we all have a good rapport going on here right now

...*kitten* me, I suck at spelling - if only you all knowed!!

everyone seems to know each other really well and all be kind of close, so that is a little intimidating lol
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

I been here ~3 years, I know some people been here a whole lot lot longer...so can't say for more than that

...I think the "good old days" are somewhat of a myth... I think, an interpretation of (your) psyche at that moment maybe a bit?

we make it what it is here, imo - it's as "fun or boring" as we are, the contributors - people come and go (I love it when people I love come back!)

everyone seems to know each other really well and all be kind of close, so that is a little intimidating lol

I've been here like ~3 years...some have been here like 10+ - so ya, they know each other even if its a new username

...I still feel like a newbie too, there are references that I don't get...oh well - that's their memories - lets make ours!

Don't be intimidated, just jump in and be you!
  • GettinLean19
    Options

I've been here like ~3 years...some have been here like 10+ - so ya, they know each other even if its a new username

...I still feel like a newbie too, there are references that I don't get...oh well - that's their memories - lets make ours!

Don't be intimidated, just jump in and be you!

Three years is considered not a long time? 😯 and thank you, lots of friendly people here!