Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I've spoken up to others less than a handful of times. Well, hey.....sometimes when people come across as 'all that', you have to kinda knock 'em down a bit. :/ Especially when they're knocking others around first. :( I hate that. :#

I've spoken up in a couple of heated threads 'over there' on MFP, probably should just keep my mouth shut and ignore, but for some reason I cannot do that. :/ I hate it when others get attacked because they think or are trying things differently. There ARE nice ways of saying things. And some things people need to learn on their own, experience being a great teacher.

And then there are some people who LOVE to get others all riled up. :/
    It sounds like you're getting yourself involved in matters that you don't necessarily have to get involved with. You're right that some people might be rude and such, but they won't go anywhere with that. You can for sure get involved if you want to though and add some productive discussion if you feel you should. But I believe that conflict will sort itself out, and you needn't get involved. You can relax if you want to. :p

Lol IOW Butt out and mind my own business?? Yeh, BUT these same posters have rubbed me the wrong way with some of their replies to me so you know. Straw. Camel. Maybe they need to be called out?? :/
    Sure you can call them out, but I'm thinkin in the sense that these people mightn't even be worth your time.

I came back and was going to edit my reply. :blush: It's probably best I don't speak up and simply flag their post. :(
    Thanks for the friendly wake-up call. :)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    What is/was the hype with overnight oats?

I'm giving these a try and they are mushy and gross. I need a hearty, mostly solid oatmeal. Not oatmeal soup!
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    This forum is the only one that people actually reply to me in, I may just have to stick around

Welcome to chit chat -I’ve heard it’s not the same as it was back in the day - but I came in at the end of those days. Some days it’s dead in here - other days it’s pretty funny - waiting for the love letter to your enemy js

I been here ~3 years, I know some people been here a whole lot lot longer...so can't say for more than that

...I think the "good old days" are somewhat of a myth... I think, an interpretation of (your) psyche at that moment maybe a bit?

we make it what it is here, imo - it's as "fun or boring" as we are, the contributors - people come and go (I love it when people I love come back!)

I think we all have a good rapport going on here right now

...*kitten* me, I suck at spelling - if only you all knowed!!

everyone seems to know each other really well and all be kind of close, so that is a little intimidating lol

I've been here like ~3 years...some have been here like 10+ - so ya, they know each other even if its a new username

...I still feel like a newbie too, there are references that I don't get...oh well - that's their memories - lets make ours!

Don't be intimidated, just jump in and be you!

I mean I know how to find them but it's not the same 😂

👀

😂... It's too early for you to start developing a bad impression of me...

Who said it was bad? 😎
  • GettinLean19
    Options
    I don’t deserve you people 😭
    I think we all deserve to be part of a friendly community. I've been on online communities where everyone treated everyone like trash

I have too. Never has my cortisol been so high 😜
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I've been challenging myself this year to step out of my comfort zone, in an effort to reduce mysocial anxiety. I've been doing great, and I'm honestly proud of myself. This weeks challenge was to have lunch alone. This may not be a big to deal to most people, but I'm anxious just thinking about it.

Have lunch alone? Or with people... I'm usually more anxious about having lunch with people... Although not as much anymore...
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I've been challenging myself this year to step out of my comfort zone, in an effort to reduce mysocial anxiety. I've been doing great, and I'm honestly proud of myself. This weeks challenge was to have lunch alone. This may not be a big to deal to most people, but I'm anxious just thinking about it.

Have lunch alone? Or with people... I'm usually more anxious about having lunch with people... Although not as much anymore...

Nope! I use people as a security blanket...probs TMI, but *kitten* it.
  • GettinLean19
    Options
    I'm anxious about having lunch with people who talk about stuff that I find boring as hell. (Lunch at work). I'll hide or walk away.

Just imagine how anxious they are to talk to you! 😯
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I want chocolate.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    I want chocolate.

nooooo. Goals
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options

That’s great! I love being alone. And being with people too. As long as you have a book or phone to read. I don’t know what I’d do if I were just sitting there. I mean, I can sometimes find someone to talk to but that’s not always a good option either. Good for you M!!❤️
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    Misdirection and plausible deniability
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    Misdirection and plausible deniability

words to live by.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options

Nope! I use people as a security blanket...probs TMI, but *kitten* it.

I eat alone at work quite a bit - but don’t like eating alone at a restaurant- way to get out the comfort zone M
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Are people really that messed up by the time change? Other than it being dark during my ride in to work (like it was in December....) I didn't even notice it.
    It takes me an hour to get to work, so I need to be up pretty early. But the time change has never had an effect on me.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    Are people really that messed up by the time change? Other than it being dark during my ride in to work (like it was in December....) I didn't even notice it.
    It takes me an hour to get to work, so I need to be up pretty early. But the time change has never had an effect on me.

Disagree
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options

It’s thrown me off today - I was good yesterday I guess - but woke up late today - and I’m just a little off 🤷‍♂️