Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,334 Member
    Options
    Matthew Perry died

Omg I know he was troubled but wtf
  • redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    He struggled with addiction at various times, it showed during some of the later seasons of Friends but I'm fairly sure he said quite recently that all of that was behind him. Whatever happened, 54 is far too young.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,099 Member
    Options
    That’s sad 😔
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    redux1985 wrote: »
    He struggled with addiction at various times, it showed during some of the later seasons of Friends but I'm fairly sure he said quite recently that all of that was behind him. Whatever happened, 54 is far too young.

Perhaps he's out of his misery. Life is hard, as a grocery store check out lady mentioned recently as we discussed her unhappiness yet complacency with her job. Imagine having your life, that's hard, in the public eye. Imagine the stress that has on the body and then add to that damage done by any addiction. Then your every effort to recover be scrutinized.

I often say when we have loved ones struggling healthwise that we want them to stay around for selfish reasons cause we know we'll be sad. Sometimes it's best to just let them go. This is deep, but these are my thoughts. I'm weird
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    Matthew Perry died

Just saw it on twitter.

I hope he's found peace if he hadn't already.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Ferrero rocher chocolate bar....why???
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    How easy it is with just a little aggressiveness, discipline, and will these days to just steamroll through the softness in todays standards. Understanding the differerence in the right to pursue happiness, as opposed to thinking you have the right to be happy, goes a long way in how one will manage through life.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    There's a video going around if Judy Dench reciting a Shakespeare sonnet...man in the right mouth words can be so beautiful
  • black_jay
    black_jay Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Terrible headache this morning
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    Matthew Perry died

I wonder if he understood the impact he had on people. To be so funny & so human
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I'm hungry and I've nothing to eat
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,099 Member
    Options
    It’s been raining all day.
    Temp is around 34.
    The hardwood trees are still covered in green leaves.
    I’m so hoping we don’t have another tree downing ice event.
    🌳🌲🌨️🪚🪓🪵
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    veterans & mental health
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Joe Biden’s incessant texting and calling me Kari…
    53t3shg1d7ye.png
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    53t3shg1d7ye.png

I'd say you look more like a Jennifer
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,214 Member
    Options
    My formerly CrossFit style gym, which has been just a do what you want gym for a few years while the owner/coach explored other avenues and dealt with some personal things is re-introducing group sessions just to gauge interest for now. I am very excited. I’ll be attending my first session on Wednesday evening.

Nice, I hope you enjoy it.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    53t3shg1d7ye.png

It’s probably a scam, Kari. I’ll send you the correct info to send money to. 😏
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    My formerly CrossFit style gym, which has been just a do what you want gym for a few years while the owner/coach explored other avenues and dealt with some personal things is re-introducing group sessions just to gauge interest for now. I am very excited. I’ll be attending my first session on Wednesday evening.

Thanks, I expect it’ll kick my *kitten* in all the right ways
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,214 Member
    Options

Thanks, I expect it’ll kick my *kitten* in all the right ways

Then it sounds perfect