What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Tension is high at work right now. It doesn't even involve me but it is getting to me. I hate confrontation and gossipy BS. I just want to leave and go do something else before the fight breaks out. UGH.

aren't you an optician? I never knew things were so contentious at such places
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Ah. Well it will go really fast! I know very cliche but it will. Awesome that you are selling stuff.. I have often thought about it but haven't. I should.

Honestly, I am kinda surprised on what sells these days. I started on eBay when they first opened, but mainly bought stuff. About 15 years back though I found I could sell left over stuff pretty easy. Anymore, I get top dollar for what many people consider thrift shop cheap items, and with USPS shipping these days it is easy peasy.

Perfect example is, I found some old mounting hardware and remote controls for some fans I installed in the house over 11 years ago. I would normally just donate it to somewhere, but I went on eBay and found they were selling for $25 per controller and there was another $70 in misc parts. Made $100 total on all of it and I I had to do was box it up and drop it off. Ridiculously easy. I do that a few dozen times a month.

Like I said, kinda ridiculous, but I like it.

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Tension is high at work right now. It doesn't even involve me but it is getting to me. I hate confrontation and gossipy BS. I just want to leave and go do something else before the fight breaks out. UGH.

LOL yes. We have a couple know it alls that butt heads most days. I stay neutral but there are still a lot of office logistics with 10 women that take place. Since I pretty much run the whole office and the optical side of it all, I get to hear about all the issues and deal with it.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

LOL yes. We have a couple know it alls that butt heads most days. I stay neutral but there are still a lot of office logistics with 10 women that take place. Since I pretty much run the whole office and the optical side of it all, I get to hear about all the issues and deal with it.

Ugh you probably have to hear all sides...that's annoying and tiring
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Wait.

10 women ?

10 women all with different opinions ??

.... do you pull down combat pay ?

I would walk into traffic.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

YES!!!!!! UGH! Again, I stay neutral and don't bad mouth anyone but it does get so old hearing all sides of it and the complaining/bad mouthing. Thing is our job is pretty damn spectacular, some people will just never be happy.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Wait.

10 women ?

10 women all with different opinions ??

.... do you pull down combat pay ?

I would walk into traffic.

Kinda like my uterus when I start thinking I want another baby?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Ah. Well it will go really fast! I know very cliche but it will. Awesome that you are selling stuff.. I have often thought about it but haven't. I should.

Honestly, I am kinda surprised on what sells these days. I started on eBay when they first opened, but mainly bought stuff. About 15 years back though I found I could sell left over stuff pretty easy. Anymore, I get top dollar for what many people consider thrift shop cheap items, and with USPS shipping these days it is easy peasy.

Perfect example is, I found some old mounting hardware and remote controls for some fans I installed in the house over 11 years ago. I would normally just donate it to somewhere, but I went on eBay and found they were selling for $25 per controller and there was another $70 in misc parts. Made $100 total on all of it and I I had to do was box it up and drop it off. Ridiculously easy. I do that a few dozen times a month.

Like I said, kinda ridiculous, but I like it.

That is awesome! People will pay for convenience! I should clean out my storage room, I may be a millionaire and not even know it yet!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

YES!!!!!! UGH! Again, I stay neutral and don't bad mouth anyone but it does get so old hearing all sides of it and the complaining/bad mouthing. Thing is our job is pretty damn spectacular, some people will just never be happy.

Yeah, gratitude can be elusive and sometimes fleeting.

Reality checks are worthwhile.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I bought a healthy salad for lunch. And chocolate peanut butter brownies from the bakery. The brownies are on my mind.

Salads pair well with chocolate peanut butter brownie crumble instead of croutons.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    doughnuts or donuts? That is the question.

Need a study with a sufficient sample number
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    I wish I was a velociraptor...or a pug

<---- I'm a pugaraptor! Look @MrStabbems. You made my wish come true!
  • slcruz24
    slcruz24 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have admitted to five mistakes at work today and it only 1130!
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I finally killed my charger cord and I'm really sad about it
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    dc6088 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    doughnuts or donuts? That is the question.

Need a study with a sufficient sample number

I vote doughnuts
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @jenmar22 haha you're welcome. I'll do a better one for you when I get 10minutes, a non post it version.

apologies to all the guys that perved on Jens PP.

just call me the wishmaker.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Im not very happy with someone .. :/
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    ^call them on it. Indirect conflict never solves anything. Too many times its been the "way of the woman" unfortunately.