What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    So much I couldn't type it all. I really dislike this time of year

I wanted to cancel Christmas myself...that odd but out the blue statement got me some dirty looks..lol

I too love the profile pic!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    I wish 1/2 of people were diurnal and 1/2 of people were nocturnal. That way there would be 1/2 the amount of people out and about at any given time (less traffic, shorter lines at Starbucks, etc.), and there would also be people around to play with me when I'm up at 4am.

I just wish the world didn't still think bankers hours are realistic. It's almost a 24/7 world.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    One of my best friends has 2 girls affected by Cystic Fibrosis. They were diagnosed 13 years ago. The girls were 5 and 2 at that time. As my friend sat there crying, worried about how her life was changing and possibly losing not just 1 but both of her girls down the road, I said to her, "We can sit here and cry or we can be proactive." It was then we started Team Hope and have become one of the top fund raising teams for Cystic Fibrosis every year since in our area. Her oldest, now 18 years old is holding on for dear life. Her lungs are giving out. She spends more time in the hospital than at home. She told me just last week she is not ready to die. I can't get those words out of my head. Last night she got listed for a double lung transplant. It can happen at any moment. I just hope with all my soul her lungs hold out till new ones are available for her. Yet, it is so bittersweet. As someone that has had to bury her own child I know that paion. And this girl who is like one of my own can't get new lungs without someone else having to bury their child. I have so many mixed emotions and have been on the verge of tears since last week when I found out that my friend's daughter doesn't have much time with her own lungs. Knowing she is listed brings some relief and no matter what happens I will not stop fighting, raising money and bringing awareness for Cystic Fibrosis.

This is heart wrenching. <3 The loss of a child is the worst thing any parent will have to deal with in their lifetime, speaking from experience. I know my words do not mean a hill of beans in retrospect of what is happening, but I am a firm believer that everyone no matter how big or small their contributions are, it all matters.

I sincerely hope that she gets a life saving lung transplant and very very soon. Its Christmas time and what would be a better gift of life?

I know you are sad, and your pain is great, and the feeling of hopelessness is intolerable, keep doing what you are doing.. you are a saint in my book :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    One of my best friends has 2 girls affected by Cystic Fibrosis. They were diagnosed 13 years ago. The girls were 5 and 2 at that time. As my friend sat there crying, worried about how her life was changing and possibly losing not just 1 but both of her girls down the road, I said to her, "We can sit here and cry or we can be proactive." It was then we started Team Hope and have become one of the top fund raising teams for Cystic Fibrosis every year since in our area. Her oldest, now 18 years old is holding on for dear life. Her lungs are giving out. She spends more time in the hospital than at home. She told me just last week she is not ready to die. I can't get those words out of my head. Last night she got listed for a double lung transplant. It can happen at any moment. I just hope with all my soul her lungs hold out till new ones are available for her. Yet, it is so bittersweet. As someone that has had to bury her own child I know that paion. And this girl who is like one of my own can't get new lungs without someone else having to bury their child. I have so many mixed emotions and have been on the verge of tears since last week when I found out that my friend's daughter doesn't have much time with her own lungs. Knowing she is listed brings some relief and no matter what happens I will not stop fighting, raising money and bringing awareness for Cystic Fibrosis.

This is heart wrenching. <3 The loss of a child is the worst thing any parent will have to deal with in their lifetime, speaking from experience. I know my words do not mean a hill of beans in retrospect of what is happening, but I am a firm believer that everyone no matter how big or small their contributions are, it all matters.

I sincerely hope that she gets a life saving lung transplant and very very soon. Its Christmas time and what would be a better gift of life?

I know you are sad, and your pain is great, and the feeling of hopelessness is intolerable, keep doing what you are doing.. you are a saint in my book :)

Thank you for your sweet words! Definitely is joyful and painful at the same time. I am sorry you also know the pain of losing a child. Unfortunately only those that have been through can truly understand it. I do hope so hard that she has new lungs before Christmas even if it means my friend is in the hospital with her oldest on Christmas and the other two are home with grandma.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

Thank you for your sweet words! Definitely is joyful and painful at the same time. I am sorry you also know the pain of losing a child. Unfortunately only those that have been through can truly understand it. I do hope so hard that she has new lungs before Christmas even if it means my friend is in the hospital with her oldest on Christmas and the other two are home with grandma.

Sending you the strongest and greatest vibes I can from a far.. :)<3
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Sending you the strongest and greatest vibes I can from a far.. :)<3

<3
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    just had a patient who's taken over 2 years to get back to being able to walk, so happy for him, at the same time quite perturbed by his stories of his bike crash.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    just had a patient who's taken over 2 years to get back to being able to walk, so happy for him, at the same time quite perturbed by his stories of his bike crash.

What do you do?
  • angelxsss
    Options
    Just found out boss is losing his personal assistant. She does purely personal assistant things regarding research, and I do personal assistant things regarding clinic plus actively helping carry out research, so I'm afraid I'll be having to take on a bunch more responsibility soon. But I'm just a kid :(
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned this time of year, I'm ready to say GOODBYE 2016. You were a *kitten* year I'm ready to find out 2017 will be better or shittier than last
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »

What do you do?

I work in healthcare, I won't say what I do on the forums because I'd get loads of hassle lol
  • ddoud71
    ddoud71 Posts: 2,741 Member
    Options
    This is the season that is the most stressful and it shouldn't be. I hate what the season has become but like what it stands for.

Can we just go to 2017 already?
  • angelxsss
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »

What do you do?

I work in healthcare, I won't say what I do on the forums because I'd get loads of hassle lol

one of the participants we work with was in a bike accident and she's never looked at her helmet.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Ice cream always tastes better after a nap.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I wonder what cooking shows do with the leftover food they dont eat? Like you know when theyre makibg something and they say "put this is in for an hour and it comes out looking like this" in a second. Shouldn't they like refrigerate it and send it off to the needy? Why cant they have a cooking show that makes a promise like that when the financially blessed have the option of Blue Apron where they can be sent packaged food of fresh ingrediants in a thermal box or Atkins Diet or Jenny Craig food being sent to people who can't portion control or exercise. Just a random thought, needy people have strong place in my heart and the rich I have very little feelings. Especially the ones who are rich and don't appreciate what they have
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Am just thinking about how reckless with finances some of our friends are (mine +sis) ... They borrow money for food + gas + utilities, yet their car is full of Christmas presents today their children will likely play with once or never. Dunno, makes zero sense to me. My sister continues to tell me we should stop enabling them. Hmmm. Something to start come New Year's ... Likely!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    I wonder what cooking shows do with the leftover food they dont eat? Like you know when theyre makibg something and they say "put this is in for an hour and it comes out looking like this" in a second. Shouldn't they like refrigerate it and send it off to the needy? Why cant they have a cooking show that makes a promise like that when the financially blessed have the option of Blue Apron where they can be sent packaged food of fresh ingrediants in a thermal box or Atkins Diet or Jenny Craig food being sent to people who can't portion control or exercise. Just a random thought, needy people have strong place in my heart and the rich I have very little feelings. Especially the ones who are rich and don't appreciate what they have

Most of those shows are filmed back to back over 2 weeks. 3 to 4 episodes per day, starting at 4am. For everything you see cooked, there is a spare batch in the back cooked by "the company's" team of chefs. Some will get eaten by the crew and remaining food will get donated to a local soup kitchen.