What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    dwrightlaw wrote: »
    I have wicked insomnia. My brain won't shut off. Been laying here trying to sleep for a few hours now...

Story of my life!
    :neutral:
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    It's fundraising month for students in my area. A friend's ​child in Grade 6 came over to our house to sell See's Candy 3 weeks ago. My sister and I read his accompanying letter from his teacher stating that it was for their class end of year trip to some fun park in SD. We both bought 1 item each @$20.

I am stymied because the boy's MJ addict of a mother uses his fundraising money to buy her pot. Like OMG! Who does that? Her hubby (our business partner) thinks to replace the candy order - like WTF? No! I do not need overpriced candy - give me my money back - And control your thief of a wife. Stealing from a child. Stealing from his school. Just wow!

Surburbia is indeed the cesspool of liars who steal from children and blame toddlers (his dad, protecting his wife, after 6th grader tells us that his mum used the money for "her stuff")for monies smoked or snorted by people with loose morals and no self control. Ugh!

/End rant
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    The Seafood Alfredo I'm about to devour at Olive Garden :p
  • TurnuptheACDC
    TurnuptheACDC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Chevy Tahoe or Jeep Grand Cherokee? Decisions decisions..

• slcruz24
    slcruz24 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Why life is passing so fast? Yes turn up the AC/DC
  • slcruz24
    Options
    Chevy Tahoe or Jeep Grand Cherokee? Decisions decisions..
    That's a tough choice. I had a Grand Cherokee and I loved it but those Tahoe's are super nice.
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Desperately wanting my man to be back from New Zealand. It's been six months and I can't wait to see him. Also, (less pressing) I'm trying to plan my shoulder/cardio workout for once I'm off of work!
  • slcruz24
    Options
    How will I survive over 20 family members visiting! God help me.
  • SportyChick07
    SportyChick07 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Work I hope today is a good one......
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Guess I'll finally eat lunch... not that anyone cares...
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options

Have a great lunch!
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »

Have a great lunch!

Thanks! I'm hiding so my boss doesn't find me. Seems to be the only way I can get any peace around here. Lol! It's like he's doesn't care if I get to eat or not.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Options

Have a great lunch!

Thanks! I'm hiding so my boss doesn't find me. Seems to be the only way I can get any peace around here. Lol! It's like he's doesn't care if I get to eat or not.

That sounds like a terrible boss. In my previous profession, I was raised to believe that if you can't plan for and around something that happens at roughly the same time every single day, like lunch, then you have problems.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options

Have a great lunch!

That sounds like a terrible boss. In my previous profession, I was raised to believe that if you can't plan for and around something that happens at roughly the same time every single day, like lunch, then you have problems.

Unfortunately I work my lunch around tasks. We constantly have critical problems and we are short staffed.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about Peach Cobbler. Also, I haven't eaten lunch so I'm hungry & it has nothing to do with peach cobbler.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the last day of school and I've got until August to figure out a new carpool situation for my daughter. School starts at 8:30 and gets out at 4:00. I can't drop her off in the mornings, albeit WAY early, but there is virtually ZERO way that I can get there to pick her up. We live too close for bus service but too far for her to reasonably walk. Riding her bike is impractical because she's lugging a violin back and forth every day, and things went south with our next-door neighbor this year, who had been driving her. WTF, lady? You're a SAHM, your daughter is at the same school and the same grade as mine, and you live NEXT DOOR. All my kid has to do is come out and jump in your van when you're leaving. I hate to act all entitled (and I'm actually NOT saying a word to HER - she's certainly got the right to decide she doesn't want to drive my kid) but I'm seriously irritated with this woman who decided, out of the blue and with 2 days' notice, that she couldn't do this anymore. I had to call on about 15 favors to get through the last 2 weeks of school, and I have no idea what we're going to do the next 2 years.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Life, and its many complications
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    I wonder if people think that girls who only do lower-body are just as bad as guys who only do upper body or if that's a double-standard. Also, I'm wondering how to correctly use the term 'double-standard'...
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    Home renovations