5'2"-5'3" ladies!

Options

Replies

• alanahp93
    alanahp93 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 started at 148 now 125. Definitely slimmer and lost a dress size but my stubborn tummy and thighs just wont go lol. Goal is 115 but I feel with more excercise I won't need to go any lower but we will see.
  • xingchao
    xingchao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm very close to 5'0" and currently weigh around 106 lbs. My goal is to go down to 105 - 103 lbs and maintain at that weight. I'm not too active, but I am participating in a physical education class which involves some cardio during the week.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The BMI chart puts our healthy weight between 105 lbs and 140 lbs. That is quite a range. Obviously both of those are on extreme ends of that. 105 being the lowest end of the healthy weight range and 140 being the highest in that range. Which to me means that venturing into either of those means heading toward an unhealthy weight. My own opinion is that 120 lbs-135 lbs is healthiest. I do not claim to be a medical doctor or any such expert. Of course. To me this seems like a good medium.

It's a good medium for people with average (medium) frame. The reason there's a range of "healthy" is that not everyone has the same size frame. Some people are healthiest at the low end of the range. Some people are healthiest in the middle. Some people are healthiest at the high end of the range. (And sometimes, those people gain muscle and wind up perfectly healthy in the low end of the "overweight" range. But that's another issue entirely.)
  • ACrazyNightOwl
    ACrazyNightOwl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and just reached 115 I don't really think I should lose any more so I'm gonna focus on strength training.
  • saanjali2003
    saanjali2003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I m 5.2" n 40 years old. I weigh 140 pounds. I would like to loose 15 pounds n I m trying since last 3 months but not much success
    Scale is kinda stuck at same.my diet is 1200 a calorie a day,I think I should lower it to 1000 calories.i try to take 12000 steps daily.
    Any advice is welcome
  • SusanMFindlay
    Options
    Do you weigh your food? Do you log your drinks (except water, black tea, black coffee and diet soda)? The most probable solution is that you're consuming more calories than you think.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The BMI chart puts our healthy weight between 105 lbs and 140 lbs. That is quite a range. Obviously both of those are on extreme ends of that. 105 being the lowest end of the healthy weight range and 140 being the highest in that range. Which to me means that venturing into either of those means heading toward an unhealthy weight. My own opinion is that 120 lbs-135 lbs is healthiest. I do not claim to be a medical doctor or any such expert. Of course. To me this seems like a good medium.

It's a good medium for people with average (medium) frame. The reason there's a range of "healthy" is that not everyone has the same size frame. Some people are healthiest at the low end of the range. Some people are healthiest in the middle. Some people are healthiest at the high end of the range. (And sometimes, those people gain muscle and wind up perfectly healthy in the low end of the "overweight" range. But that's another issue entirely.)

Yep. I am aware. That is why I said , " To me this seems like a good medium. " I know I did not leave a 6" deep mass of fine print explaining all of the obvious varieties of body types, frames, muscle mass etc.... But most people seem to understand nonetheless.
  • Themaanya
    Themaanya Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'2 and 5'3. Started at 150 about 3 years ago and have been maintains around 125. My goal now is to hit 115.

I'm 23.
  • SusanMFindlay
    Options

Yep. I am aware. That is why I said , " To me this seems like a good medium. " I know I did not leave a 6" deep mass of fine print explaining all of the obvious varieties of body types, frames, muscle mass etc.... But most people seem to understand nonetheless.

Or you include two tiny little words - instead of "is healthiest", you say "is healthiest for me".
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Or you include two tiny little words - instead of "is healthiest", you say "is healthiest for me".

I am not required to add a mile of fine print for the intent to be understood by most people. Hence the words, "Which to ME means venturing into an unhealthy range." There is a healthy range, and that range may not be perceived the same by everyone. We all came in to give our take on the post. My comment stands. Also, Did you seriously come in here to try and split hairs on the way I worded my post? I suggest you find something else to do. The world does not have to tip-toe around worrying that some exceptional person will take offense because extreme, and tedious care was not exercised in pain painstakingly choosing each and every single word. If you don't like my comment, that's okay. If it does not apply to you that is okay too. I hope you don't let it keep you up at night. Now if you don't mind I am sure the original poster would like to keep her thread relevant. If you need to nit pick, take it outside.
  • 8675mir
    8675mir Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 40 years old I'm 155lb and trying hard to get to 130. I think I can be happy with that.
  • quebot
    quebot Posts: 99 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'3. I feel like I look and feel best 135-145. I have a medium frame and I like being soft and curvy. I haven't been in the 120's since before having kids and I was thinner than my liking.
  • softprinxe
    softprinxe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 (19yrs) and my goal is 50kg (110). I've already lost about 11kg (I guess that's about 24 pounds?) during last two years by going vegan and the weight loss stopped some time ago since I was eating a lot of junk food... now I just wanna lose last 15 pounds before september and build my body a little since I don't exercise at all
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I've heard the lowest mortality rates are around BMI 20-24.
  • Zendrick
    Zendrick Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and weigh 129. I lift weights, and do cardio... trying to burn off body fat. Can't really say I have an ideal weight in mind, I just want the body fat to go away... I have plateaued now for a couple months.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently 124 lbs I am working on lowering my body fat percentage. I have been at 115 and loved that weight, but wouldnt mind if my weight was higher due to increased muscle.
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 99lbs. I maintain in a range from 99 to 103lbs. 18-19% body fat range.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, 5'3", and 120lbs. This is my ideal weight. Any lower and I don't think I could properly sustain it as I'd get fewer calories per day to eat. ;)
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 128lb, looking to get down to 126lb. These last couple of pounds are evil though, they just won't leave me! ;) I've been down as low as 110lb when I was about 18, but have no desire to get back there really as I'd rather be able to maintain on a higher number of calories
  • Rachetpeg
    Rachetpeg Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2.5 and currently 113lbs, which tbh still doesn't look great on my frame. Looked my best at 105 so aiming for that. Just started 5:2 diet as I'm finding the small deficits so easy to undo with a couple of bad days at the weekend! (I enjoy my craft beer sadly!).