Eggs

Options

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I gotta ask, can a young male eat 3 or more eggs a day? I had a family member say that eating a egg everyday will harden your arteries; advise help needed sirs and madams.

If you have a genetic predisposition to high cholesterol then I would watch egg consumption (as well as other fats) but that aside, eggs are fine. I eat 4 whole eggs a day and am perfectly healthy...
  • phonerobot
    phonerobot Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If one must eat eggs, it is good to note that the cholesterol considered in them are "good cholesterol". Go for it.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    https://authoritynutrition.com/how-many-eggs-should-you-eat/

don't forget to read the comments on that page

Where does the omega 3 come from in a egg BTW?

Usually from supplementing the hens diet with flaxseed.

Or just from letting them forage in pasture--just like grass-fed beef is higher in omega-3s than grain-fed beef.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    During my CKD runs, I eat upward of five dozen eggs per week. Still waiting to die.

What's CKD?

Cyclical ketogenic diet. Sub-30g carbs six days per week, with a massive carb refeed one day per week to refill glycogen stores.

Sorry for the month late response.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Eggs aren't good for you especially so many each day but I guess you're going to do what you want so not sure why you keep asking.
  • Alendralouise
    Alendralouise Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You know what else is fantastic? Chicken breast omelette with a touch of ground livers. It's like eating the entire family tree in one meal.

Damn, I need to make a store run after the gym today.

Loved this!

What do you call a chicken in a shell suit...?

(Sorry)