Eggs

Options

Replies

• WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Eggs aren't good for you especially so many each day but I guess you're going to do what you want so not sure why you keep asking.

Your veganism is showing.

There's nothing wrong with eggs unless you're ethically opposed to eating them.

They're a very good source of protein and low in saturated fat.

Your right compared to other dairy products like sliced cheese.

I like sliced cheese. Especially the cheddar variety.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I go through about 3 of the 2.5 dozen egg flats a week.

my dinner egg scramble is usually 3-5 whole eggs and 4-8 egg whites.

I'm still fabulous and healthy.

How much you lift or bench?

I doubt you're going to come back and answer this- but this is sort of a newb question- there isn't a good answer.

How much can I lift? like- lift what? I mean I can do 20# lateral raises?

My bench? 200- I've pushed 2 plates before- but meh- I'll be safe an say 200 because it was cleaner.

That's impressive! I can barely lift my fork.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I doubt you're going to come back and answer this- but this is sort of a newb question- there isn't a good answer.

My bench? 200- I've pushed 2 plates before- but meh- I'll be safe an say 200 because it was cleaner.

Thats a lot for bench

meh- could be better. always room for more weight on the bar.

Pretty sure my bench has nothing to do with the volume of my egg consumption though.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Pretty sure my bench has nothing to do with the volume of my egg consumption though.

If you did decide to up your egg count to, let's say, 5 dozen a day, well then a 3-plate bench wouldn't be too far off...

beauty-and-the-beast-gaston-flexing.jpg
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    During my CKD runs, I eat upward of five dozen eggs per week. Still waiting to die.

What's CKD?

Cyclical ketogenic diet. Sub-30g carbs six days per week, with a massive carb refeed one day per week to refill glycogen stores.

Sorry for the month late response.

If i may ask how are bowel movements like?

Very infrequent and low volume, but not problematic at all; about once every two days There just doesn't seem to be as much waste product involved when one is mostly living on dead animal carcass and protein shakes. However, two days after my carb ups, I tend to blow up the can three times in one day, then back to normal until the following week.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    During my CKD runs, I eat upward of five dozen eggs per week. Still waiting to die.

What's CKD?

Cyclical ketogenic diet. Sub-30g carbs six days per week, with a massive carb refeed one day per week to refill glycogen stores.

Sorry for the month late response.

If i may ask how are bowel movements like?

Very infrequent and low volume, but not problematic at all; about once every two days There just doesn't seem to be as much waste product involved when one is mostly living on dead animal carcass and protein shakes. However, two days after my carb ups, I tend to blow up the can three times in one day, then back to normal until the following week.

Aah I knew you were going to post an honest and concise answer to that question :smiley:
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i eat 3-4 a day with no ill effects.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    naculp wrote: »

If you did decide to up your egg count to, let's say, 5 dozen a day, well then a 3-plate bench wouldn't be too far off...

beauty-and-the-beast-gaston-flexing.jpg
    THAT'S WHAT I"VE BEEN MISSING.

*off tot eh grocery store* 3 plates here I come!!!

Thats a lot for bench

For real I have not bench'd in a while but what your 1 rep max?

I mentioned it already- i've put up 2 plates (225) but 200 is my solid 1RMP
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Two of my fav things in this thread: eggs and Paul Newman.

As far as eggs harming our heart health, it's funny how much outdated science is still believed. I also wonder how much that's accepted as scientific fact today will be outdated in 20 or so years. Well, gotta give humans credit for our dedication to keep trying, at least.

I eat 1-2 eggs most days of the week and have been for years. In my last bloodwork, my total cholesterol was 126, HDL 62, LDL 59, Triglycerides 25. I have no egg fear.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Eggs aren't good for you especially so many each day but I guess you're going to do what you want so not sure why you keep asking.

Your veganism is showing.

There's nothing wrong with eggs unless you're ethically opposed to eating them.

They're a very good source of protein and low in saturated fat.

Your right compared to other dairy products like sliced cheese.

Eggs are not dairy products.