Eggs

Options

Replies

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Eggs aren't good for you especially so many each day but I guess you're going to do what you want so not sure why you keep asking.

How are they not good for you? I'm having 2 today as part of my lunch and they'll help me hit my calorie and macros targets, plus I Iike the taste of them. Seems like a win win :)

eta: see that you may be a vegan, so never mind lol.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I go through about 3 of the 2.5 dozen egg flats a week.

my dinner egg scramble is usually 3-5 whole eggs and 4-8 egg whites.

I'm still fabulous and healthy.

How much you lift or bench?

I doubt you're going to come back and answer this- but this is sort of a newb question- there isn't a good answer.

How much can I lift? like- lift what? I mean I can do 20# lateral raises?

My bench? 200- I've pushed 2 plates before- but meh- I'll be safe an say 200 because it was cleaner.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Eggs aren't good for you especially so many each day but I guess you're going to do what you want so not sure why you keep asking.

You're funny....
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Your veganism is showing.

There's nothing wrong with eggs unless you're ethically opposed to eating them.

They're a very good source of protein and low in saturated fat.

Not vegan, but I don't eat them, they give me a stomach ache.

And in moderation probably not horrible, but three a day isn't moderation.
  • littlechiaseed
    Options

How are they not good for you? I'm having 2 today as part of my lunch and they'll help me hit my calorie and macros targets, plus I Iike the taste of them. Seems like a win win :)

cholesterol.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

It is when you could easily eat 6.

Oh, and I eat 3 eggs almost every day. Sometimes 4. And my bloodwork is pretty damned perfect, according to my doctor.
  • littlechiaseed
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

This is where it's helpful for one to discern between n=1 and general advice. "They give me a tummy ache" is not the same as a general statement such as "Eggs aren't good for you".

And intake of dietary cholesterol has very little to do with your body's cholesterol levels.

You must be new to the internet. Welcome.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

cholesterol.

Dietary cholesterol has little to no bearing on blood serum levels...this is why cholesterol will be removed from food labels soon...the US was one of only a couple of countries that ever tracked it in the first place.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

This is where it's helpful for one to discern between n=1 and general advice. "They give me a tummy ache" is not the same as a general statement such as "Eggs aren't good for you".

And intake of dietary cholesterol has very little to do with your body's cholesterol levels.

So you're trolling? Needs work. :)

1/10, would not read again.

And you get an 8/10 for your response to her. I liked your use of logic but this is the internet and logic has no place here.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Run_Fit wrote: »
    I have eaten 3-6 eggs per day since 2012, and I've lost 117 pounds. No issues yet.
    4 years of living only on eggs?You should have wasted away by now.That's very little food. I recommend you add more eggs.

Lol! Not quite, that's just my breakfast. :smile:
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

cholesterol.

My recent blood work panel:

-total cholesterol: 143
    -cholesterol/HDL Ratio: 2.6 (anything under 5 is optimal)
    -HDL: 55
    -LDL: 84

No reason for me to avoid eggs :)
  • littlechiaseed
    Options

So you're trolling? Needs work. :)

1/10, would not read again.

And you get an 8/10 for your response to her. I liked your use of logic but this is the internet and logic has no place here.

Which was the point, thanks cap.