Eggs

Options
1235»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Eggs aren't good for you especially so many each day but I guess you're going to do what you want so not sure why you keep asking.

Your veganism is showing.

There's nothing wrong with eggs unless you're ethically opposed to eating them.

They're a very good source of protein and low in saturated fat.

Your right compared to other dairy products like sliced cheese.

Eggs are not dairy products.

ii wish lol

When did eggs become dairy products? The rest of us must have missed the memo.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Eggs aren't good for you especially so many each day but I guess you're going to do what you want so not sure why you keep asking.

ii wish lol

No wishing required. Eggs are not dairy products.
  • illyasHodrick
    illyasHodrick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Many of those studies are funded by the egg Industry. In short, they take people with all ready dramitic levels of cholesterol ,add eggs, and then claim it doesn't raise cholesterol.

http://nutritionfacts.org/2015/08/20/what-do-eggs-do-to-our-arteries/
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,648 Member
    Options
    Many of those studies are funded by the egg Industry. In short, they take people with all ready dramitic levels of cholesterol ,add eggs, and then claim it doesn't raise cholesterol.

I have real world experience with that. I was testing the theory that eating eggs would lower my cholesterol so started eating 1 or 2 a day while changing nothing else (other than the 100ish calories they were replacing) and, yup!, my numbers were better the next time I got tested.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

ii wish lol

When did eggs become dairy products? The rest of us must have missed the memo.

Ok , its not daiey products, to us lactose intolerance to me its fart products imo.

There is no lactose in eggs. They are not dairy products.
  • illyasHodrick
    illyasHodrick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I have real world experience with that. I was testing the theory that eating eggs would lower my cholesterol so started eating 1 or 2 a day while changing nothing else (other than the 100ish calories they were replacing) and, yup!, my numbers were better the next time I got tested.

From what?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,648 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

From what?

What food was I replacing? Most likely something chocolate or bready. But 100 calories of either of those are nothing.
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If you are eating a lot of eggs to help you get to your protein macros but don't want the high caloric hit or don't want the sat fat bump, just drop the yolk and eat the egg whites. Don't waste the yolk, give it to your dog if you have one he will love you forever and his coat will be shinier. And of course the yolk has lots of vitamin A/D so it's worth having some of.

A single large egg: 78 calories, 6.0 gram protein, 1.6 gram sat fat, sodium 70 mg, omega-3's 37 mg
    A single large egg white: 17 calories, 3.6 gram protein, 0.0 gram sat fat, sodium 55 mg, omega-3's 0 mg

• bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    https://authoritynutrition.com/how-many-eggs-should-you-eat/

don't forget to read the comments on that page

I can't get past the picture. So.. um.. bountiful.