Hydration-Chart.jpg
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    phonerobot wrote: »
    It's a good mild detox. Also, if you're retaining fluid for any reason, it's will get the retention down faster. A natural diuretic.

What exactly is lemon water detoxing from your body?

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/can-lemon-water-detox-your-body/

Looks like it works best if you drink at least 8 cups a day tho

The website you linked is a retail site - they sell supplements. They want people to believe that ingesting the right nutrients will fix all their problems so they will click one of the numerous product links in that article and place an order. So yes, it might be utter nonsense.

OP, if drinking lemon water made you lose weight, no one would be fat. Eat less than you burn. Move more, eat less. Keeping an accurate food diary can help. And drinking lemon water can erode your tooth enamel :(.

You're a good egg, madame ;)
  • drivennightrunner87
    drivennightrunner87 Posts: 302 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    phonerobot wrote: »
    It's a good mild detox. Also, if you're retaining fluid for any reason, it's will get the retention down faster. A natural diuretic.

What exactly is lemon water detoxing from your body?

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/can-lemon-water-detox-your-body/

Looks like it works best if you drink at least 8 cups a day tho

The website you linked is a retail site - they sell supplements. They want people to believe that ingesting the right nutrients will fix all their problems so they will click one of the numerous product links in that article and place an order. So yes, it might be utter nonsense.

OP, if drinking lemon water made you lose weight, no one would be fat. Eat less than you burn. Move more, eat less. Keeping an accurate food diary can help. And drinking lemon water can erode your tooth enamel :(.

Drinking lemon water everyday won't make you lose weight.... obv. burning more calories than you take in by eating less and increasing physical activity does...but the link did support facts about some of the health benefits/properties of citrus fruit like lemons (and wasn't 'utter nonsense')
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,091 Member
    Options
    If lemon water helps you do other things - one poster said she lost weight drinking it "but could of been all the exercise I did at same time" (yes I think so) and somebody else mentioned lemon water replacing coffee with creamer and sugar.

So, sure, those 2 posters increased calories out or decreased calories in as an indirect result of drinking lemon water - but the lemon water in itself didnt do the trick.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,568 Member
    Options
    kayte56789 wrote: »
    So I looked this up a while ago and websites claim it helps with weight loss but honestly I tried it and lost weight, but I also excercized a lot so it could have been from that. It might help mildly with digestion though

In what way would it help with digestion that is in any way related to weight loss? Food has a set number of calories. If your digestion doesn't work well you don't get all the calories from the food and might lose weight and remain hungry. Say if you don't digest fats well some of them end up in the toilet without you making use of the calories in that food. On the other hand, good digestion extracts the calories from the food. Your body then uses them for your energy needs or, if you're in a calorie surplus stores them as body fat.