OMG Watermelon Calories!

Options

Replies

• BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I eat entire watermelons. It's one of the most cleansing foods there is.

Such a shame people are afraid of fruit calories when they are consuming thousands of calories a day. Whatever else you're eating is not going to be healthier than the fruit.

I don't think some people understand that you'll end up peering a million times and watermelon helps burn belly fat. Its funny seeing people complain about fruit calories /sugars.

Bingo!
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You also logged a lot of watermelon. If you ate a cup it wouldn't have been 300 some calories.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    since when is 320 calories a lot of calories?

It's not... but if her entire lunch is watermelon, then she will be too full for anything else and one cannot survive on watermelon alone.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Food has calories?
  • jschnittker
    Options
    I love watermelon and just tarting this app it does look a little scary how many calories. But I have to keep in mind that some sugars are ok for you. I just try not to over eat my fruit (which can be very hard). I am a huge berry eater and can eat berries until i explode. LOL
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Such a shame people are afraid of fruit calories when they are consuming thousands of calories a day. Whatever else you're eating is not going to be healthier than the fruit.

I don't think some people understand that you'll end up peering a million times and watermelon helps burn belly fat. Its funny seeing people complain about fruit calories /sugars.

Watermelon nor anything else "helps burn belly fat" as opposed to fat on other parts of your body. Sorry but that's just BS -
    Actually, there have been recent studies that show that certain foods do specifically burn visceral fat. I know olive and canola oils are two. I don't recall if watermelon was one, but it's possible.
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    BINGO!

• RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I usually take a watermelon and cut it into nice size wedges. And yeah, it racks up on calories. A lot of carbs, a lot of sugar. It's such a delicious treat, but definitely high in calories for what you eat. I eat it often in the summer. It's nutritious, but i dont know if you want to waste so many calories on watermelon if you're in a caloric deficit or only have so many calories in your budget.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    cals burned were such a waste on watermelon!!

i've searched this forum and some people say a calorie is a calorie... fair enough..., some people say to disregard the sugar content...again, fair enough... but when you have a budget of XX amount of calories i simply cannot justify 350-or so calories on watermelon.

I can justify that. Its watermelon and its delicious! I could eat a ton of it.

h20vodka-225x300.jpg

YES!!!

We did this last summer and someone knocked it over... a few friends who were already feeling quite good thought that it'd work if they duct taped the watermelon back together with the bottle in the top...
    Didn't work well. But it was entertaining to watch :bigsmile:
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i dont know what size your watermelon is but i regularly eat 1/4 of water melons specially when its hot and that 500 g and below 200 calories.

100 g of watermelon is roughly 30 calories

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/usda/watermelon?portionid=58715&portionamount=100.000
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I know I say this about 300 times a day, but

Kitchen scale.

otherwise, it's just guessing. I second this.

Kitchen scale.

This. I have been enjoying about 300 g of watermelon everyday, which is probably about 3 cups, and it's only 90 calories. Well worth it for something that is not only delicious but only available in the summer.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options

i've searched this forum and some people say a calorie is a calorie... fair enough..., some people say to disregard the sugar content...again, fair enough... but when you have a budget of XX amount of calories i simply cannot justify 350-or so calories on watermelon.

h20vodka-225x300.jpg

Why do you have a water bottle sticking out of your watermelon?
  • matyoung125
    matyoung125 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Did you eat the seeds and were they included in the original calorie count?
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    since when is 320 calories a lot of calories?

When you've decided to limit yourself to 1200 calories. That's like a quarter of your whole day right there....

But if you are capable of lifing a 1/4 of a watermellon you probably need a lot more calories than 1200 just to function
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I usually only have about 10 ounces at a time and that's only 80 calories. It summer time down here in the south and what is better but a nice sweet watermelon.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I was munching on some Watermelon for my lunch today and decided to log my calories. I used to use MFP faithfully everyday but stopped as i started Slimming World. Watermelon was a (super?)free food on SW that you could eat as much as you liked of, and I wondered what the actual calories would be.

so.. 1/4 watermelon logged in at about 320 cals.... i didn't believe what i was seeing so i googled it too... and yep... 1/4 watermelon IS that many calories!!

I've been doing 30 Day Shred the last few days too and i feel all those cals burned were such a waste on watermelon!!

Rant Over ... lol x

If you only have so many calories, then maybe you shouldn't eat so much watermelon.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I envy the fact you had some watermelon to eat *omnomnom* I would love a huge chunk of it! Or watermelon slushie!

Omg that sounds SO good right now!!!!!!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options

h20vodka-225x300.jpg

Random note: I have the same dishes.

That's all I got.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options

h20vodka-225x300.jpg

Why do you have a water bottle sticking out of your watermelon?

Nevermind, I just realized it was vodka. Now I COMPLETELY get it!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I eat watermelon & cantaloupe all summer,both for a filling snack &/ or a sweet.Very filling,yummy& no fat. Works for me.