• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Oh man I am obsessed with looking in mirrors when I am bulking, maybe I am odd that way... pose, flex, twist... ooo..ahhh... look at them gains... ;)
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Oh man I am obsessed with looking in mirrors when I am bulking, maybe I am odd that way... pose, flex, twist... ooo..ahhh... look at them gains... ;)

I get a little vapid at my dance studio- the lighting is SO GOOD. I'm like- OH LOOK SHOULDERS- SHOULDERS-SHOULDERS!!!

I disregard the fluff- but damn- I'm getting boulders- slowly but surely!

Loving the positive no-shame body loving messages from you two this morning! My daughter (she's 7) recently told me her legs are fat and I was completely taken off guard. She's 7!! We had to have a long talk about all the awesome things her legs can do, which in turn makes them fabulous and beautiful.

Aww, you are such a great role model and she is lucky to have a strong mama like you!
    When I was young, my little brother and I were play fighting one day, and I remember him saying to me "Wow Stef, you have Chun-Li legs!" I was actually so flattered and was all, yea... my legs are awesome, huge and strong like hers! I guess it helped to have positive kick-azz women as role models (even if they were video game characters)

Thanks! My mom did a pretty good job with me, but my grandmother, at 92 years old, wouldn't eat the crust on her pie because she was afraid of being "fat" (and she was rail thin).

To be fair to your grandmother, She grew up in a time when a fat woman was possibly screwed. Working women were virtually unheard of in her younger years, and if she'd have "let herself go" at an early age, he prospects for a decent life and much self-worth weren't too hot.

My grandmothers were much the same. One died well before it started becoming "okay" to be fat. The other...well, she got fat, and didn't start trying to correct until the beetus started killing her.

Oh, definitely! She needed to look good for her 5 husbands! (That's not true - she was married 5 times, but twice to my grandfather and twice to my step grandfather. Then there was that other guy that she would never talk about). But I digress....

@JoRocka The GRRRL clothing is awesome and the models look to be amazing athletes! All the ladies in my house will soon have a Fight Like a Girl shirt.

My ex-wife had a similar one, but it was for Smith & Wesson and said Shoot Like a Girl. She made me get it for her after I insisted that she start carrying a full size M&P 9, instead of the silly *kitten* little "get off me gun" LC9 that she started with. 17 rounds and a full grip>7 rounds and a dinky grip that even her pinky hung off of. xD
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

I get a little vapid at my dance studio- the lighting is SO GOOD. I'm like- OH LOOK SHOULDERS- SHOULDERS-SHOULDERS!!!

Loving the positive no-shame body loving messages from you two this morning! My daughter (she's 7) recently told me her legs are fat and I was completely taken off guard. She's 7!! We had to have a long talk about all the awesome things her legs can do, which in turn makes them fabulous and beautiful.

Aww, you are such a great role model and she is lucky to have a strong mama like you!
    When I was young, my little brother and I were play fighting one day, and I remember him saying to me "Wow Stef, you have Chun-Li legs!" I was actually so flattered and was all, yea... my legs are awesome, huge and strong like hers! I guess it helped to have positive kick-azz women as role models (even if they were video game characters)

Thanks! My mom did a pretty good job with me, but my grandmother, at 92 years old, wouldn't eat the crust on her pie because she was afraid of being "fat" (and she was rail thin).

To be fair to your grandmother, She grew up in a time when a fat woman was possibly screwed. Working women were virtually unheard of in her younger years, and if she'd have "let herself go" at an early age, he prospects for a decent life and much self-worth weren't too hot.

My grandmothers were much the same. One died well before it started becoming "okay" to be fat. The other...well, she got fat, and didn't start trying to correct until the beetus started killing her.

Oh, definitely! She needed to look good for her 5 husbands! (That's not true - she was married 5 times, but twice to my grandfather and twice to my step grandfather. Then there was that other guy that she would never talk about). But I digress....

@JoRocka The GRRRL clothing is awesome and the models look to be amazing athletes! All the ladies in my house will soon have a Fight Like a Girl shirt.

My ex-wife had a similar one, but it was for Smith & Wesson and said Shoot Like a Girl. She made me get it for her after I insisted that she start carrying a full size M&P 9, instead of the silly *kitten* little "get off me gun" LC9 that she started with. 17 rounds and a full grip>7 rounds and a dinky grip that even her pinky hung off of. xD

Pinkies should only hang off your beer mug.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

Pinkies should only hang off your beer mug.

I concur. She has small hands too. There is no excuse for something being so small and unwieldy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I have to 2 lift like a GRRRL shirts- a Squat and one that says GRRRL Gains.

People walk by me all the time and go GET IT GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRL- or SQUAT LIKE A GRRRRRRRRRRRRL.

It's awesome.
    They are releasing super hero/comic pants.

I am so broke- I so want new pants though. God damnit.
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

People walk by me all the time and go GET IT GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRL- or SQUAT LIKE A GRRRRRRRRRRRRL.

It's awesome.

They ship to the UK. Super hero leggings here I come... Also broke damn it!
  • JoRocka
    Options

It's awesome.

I was hoping the last Monique size would be there this morning- alas- it's not.
    no super hero pants for me- they are sold out right now in both my sizes- and unfortunately I don't want the blue cameo ones as much- I mean I do- but I'm going to DC next weekend-saving money is more important than blue cameo- super hero would have been the better choice- I was gutted this morning needless to say when I woke up.
  • AMSmit88
    Options

It's awesome.

no super hero pants for me- they are sold out right now in both my sizes- and unfortunately I don't want the blue cameo ones as much- I mean I do- but I'm going to DC next weekend-saving money is more important than blue cameo- super hero would have been the better choice- I was gutted this morning needless to say when I woke up.

Boo. They have one left in my size that I'm just hoping is still there at the end of the month... Saving for DC sounds very sensible though and will be better than leggings.
  • JoRocka
    Options

It's awesome.

Boo. They have one left in my size that I'm just hoping is still there at the end of the month... Saving for DC sounds very sensible though and will be better than leggings.

My broken - legging addicted heart does not agree currently that saving for a trip is better than leggings.

it's just- not happening yet. I'll wait for a restock- which rarely happens- and see if I can scoop them up.
  • AMSmit88
    Options

It's awesome.

My broken - legging addicted heart does not agree currently that saving for a trip is better than leggings.

it's just- not happening yet. I'll wait for a restock- which rarely happens- and see if I can scoop them up.

My leggings addicted heart understands your pain. Can't believe you guys got me hooked on a site that rarely restocks damn it!
  • JoRocka
    Options

It's awesome.

My leggings addicted heart understands your pain. Can't believe you guys got me hooked on a site that rarely restocks damn it!

Yeah- they have us trained like cocaine addicted monkeys- especially since they pre-release to an on line group on FB- so we usually all buy a boat load of them.

it's *kitten* for us- but in theory its' great marketing- because you're more likely to buy it If you know you can't get it again.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

It's awesome.

Yeah- they have us trained like cocaine addicted monkeys- especially since they pre-release to an on line group on FB- so we usually all buy a boat load of them.

it's *kitten* for us- but in theory its' great marketing- because you're more likely to buy it If you know you can't get it again.

Flag Nor Fail is really good at this too. Hype up the release and make some items extremely limited.
    It hurts me to miss out on a new release, but dang it I can't buy new clothes every single month. A lot of times I'll check the site a few days later and everything I wanted is sold out. :/
    Meh. Good way to keep inventory moving I guess.
  • AMSmit88
    Options

It's awesome.

Flag Nor Fail is really good at this too. Hype up the release and make some items extremely limited.
    It hurts me to miss out on a new release, but dang it I can't buy new clothes every single month. A lot of times I'll check the site a few days later and everything I wanted is sold out. :/

It's such clever marketing. Get that FOMO into you to make you shop like mad. My bank does not appreciate the technique however...
  • JoRocka
    Options

It's awesome.

Yep. <cry cry>

It's awesome.

It's such clever marketing. Get that FOMO into you to make you shop like mad. My bank does not appreciate the technique however...
    My husband thinks I'm single handedly trying to keep GRRRL in business.
  • leajas1
    Options

It's awesome.

YES! I fall victim to that too with my favorite brands. By the time they go on sale they have either XS or XL. Welcome to DC in advance!
  • JoRocka
    Options

It's awesome.

YES! I fall victim to that too with my favorite brands. By the time they go on sale they have either XS or XL. Welcome to DC in advance!

LOL- I seriously almost bought them- now I'm kicking myself that I didn't. Sigh- Hubs would have killed me.
    Thanks- I'm only there for a weekend- and it's a short ride down from NJ- I've got plans go drinking/lifting with an college friend I think- I'm kind of excited!
  • leajas1
    Options

It's awesome.

LOL- I seriously almost bought them- now I'm kicking myself that I didn't. Sigh- Hubs would have killed me.
    Thanks- I'm only there for a weekend- and it's a short ride down from NJ- I've got plans go drinking/lifting with an college friend I think- I'm kind of excited!

Ah, the ol' D&L. Good times!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Oh god, dat traffic. I lived in Richmond for most of my life, and dreaded ever going to NorVA/MD/DC.
  • leajas1
    Options
    Oh god, dat traffic. I lived in Richmond for most of my life, and dreaded ever going to NorVA/MD/DC.

I lived in Richmond for two years (went to VCU) and it's amazing what difference just a few miles make. There is former Navy Seal (Instructor Maguire!) there who runs a group program and you pay him to basically kick your *kitten* every morning out in nature. It was awesome.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

I lived in Richmond for two years (went to VCU) and it's amazing what difference just a few miles make. There is former Navy Seal (Instructor Maguire!) there who runs a group program and you pay him to basically kick your *kitten* every morning out in nature. It was awesome.

Ahh, okay. I lived about six to twenty minutes from VCU (depending upon time of day). Technically in Henrico, but everything has a Richmond mailing address anyway. ;)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I went to VMI- so yeah- not unfamiliar with those areas.

But I am honestly not looking forward to going down there- I'm guessing I'm going to park and take Lyft everywhere since I'm outside Dupont circle.