Do you weigh icecream?

Options
13»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    No, but I hardly ever have ice cream...when I have ice cream, it usually means I'm on a vacation and walking around some boardwalk somewhere or down some main street of some tourist town. If I ate it with frequency I would weigh it.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    better to not eat it

I would not be happy if I gave up ice cream. I lost almost 65 pounds eating it several times a week.

Anyway, yes I weigh it. And if I have chocolate syrup on it, it gets weighed too.

Oh, chocolate syrup is a must on my vanilla ice cream...
    ...and sometimes crumbled Oreos, which also get weighed...

Two servings of Edy's Slow Churned vanilla bean, a serving of Hershey's syrup...300 calories of wonderful.

Ooh, the Edy's vanilla bean is the best! I'm usually not much of a vanilla fan, but that's a good one.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I would if I ate it. Generally only eat ice cream if it's had espresso thrown all over it. Mmmmmmm.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    better to not eat it

That's only a 2-300 calories per servings. I don't see why not. If you don't have issues with stopping before you overeat beyond your calories ice cream is not harmful. You would be horrified to see my nearly 1000 calorie McDonald's meal today if you didn't know the context. You may be a bit shocked to see people eating ice cream on diet, but let me explain...

Food is seen in context of the whole diet. Using my case today here is what happened: Basically I wasn't very hungry today, and even after a large serving of peanuts I still had 1500 calories left. Tomorrow is a fast day for me, so if I undereat today tomorrow would be difficult and it would break my eating pattern which is important to my diet. My overall nutrition for today is kind of lacking due to lack of appetite but all throughout the week I've had a great variety of nutrient dense foods.

McDonald's has been on my mind for a couple of days so I wanted to have it while I can since lent has started and I've only found out, so no chance to act on my cravings for a long while. Now that I got it out of my system my diet will continue being pleasant and sustainable.

See how in this case my high fat high sodium "junk food" meal was actually beneficial to my diet?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Actually, yes. Even when I'm way over my planned calories for a day, I weight the ice cream and 4 oz is enough for me.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    better to not eat it

I would not be happy if I gave up ice cream. I lost almost 65 pounds eating it several times a week.

Anyway, yes I weigh it. And if I have chocolate syrup on it, it gets weighed too.

Oh, chocolate syrup is a must on my vanilla ice cream...
    ...and sometimes crumbled Oreos, which also get weighed...

Two servings of Edy's Slow Churned vanilla bean, a serving of Hershey's syrup...300 calories of wonderful.

Ooh, the Edy's vanilla bean is the best! I'm usually not much of a vanilla fan, but that's a good one.

I love the Edy's (they call it Dreyers here) vanilla bean! With chocolate sauce and then I eat it with a really small spoon to make it last longer.

ETA: And yes, I weigh it in grams
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    In pints.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    No, I don't.