Vegetarian/Vegan Thanksgiving Plans

Options
1235»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I have a beautiful orange kabocha squash which just fits into the slow cooker, which I intend to stuff with a bunch of grains, nuts, dried fruit, spices, herbs, veggies and then cook very slowly for about 7 hours. DH and I were both brought up in the UK so stuffing means sausage meat not the bread-based US ones. So, we're making spicy falafel instead. Got two turkey legs for those that want the meat since it's more tasty. The rest will just be a mound of roasted veggies - parsnips, potatoes (DH hates the texture of mashed), sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts (with chestnuts and rosemary), spicy cornbread, mushroom gravy, cranberry sauce (made with copious amounts of port) and anything else I can find in the fridge. Dessert will be a deep fruit tart with a walnut topping. I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie and a neighbor always brings one around.

But the stuffed pumpkin will be the star this year.

Okay, your meal sounds AMAZING.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat meat for about 6 years. I grew up in a family that always served a meatless pasta dish, usually stuffed shells, as part of the meal. So when I stopped eating meat, holiday meals were never a problem.