What exercises do you avoid? Why?

Options

Replies

• HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I don't lift because I have determined I don't want the body type that comes with it. I prefer body weight exercises and more sculpting stuff (e.g. The Biggest Loser Power Sculpt DVD) for my strength training rather than heavy lifting. It's just not as important to me to be perfectly toned and solid...I have considered lifting, but I don't want to be on the bandwagon.

I also don't really do plyo/jumping. I try to do the jumps in TurboFire, but I find I'm more comfortable with the modifier girl (especially on sumo squats!) and I still get a decent workout/calorie burn. And running. I tried to do Couch25K and was miserable with the running...I'd much rather take a good walk. It feels like my sisters are constantly in training for some race, and it's just not my thing.

Actually, it just sounds like you don't want to do anything remotely difficult
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I was avoiding burpees, but I started a burpee challenge starting 7/1 by doing 1 and doing an additional burpee everyday, I am now up to 16 burpees. My goal is not only be able to do 31 burpees on 7/31, but no longer avoid them in whatever workout video they're in. The only issue is that I have a puzzle workout mat and the burpees pull it apart. grrrrr.
  • 2b_perfect00
    2b_perfect00 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights....though I have been told a million times it wont make me bigger I'm still terrified. I stick to sit ups, push ups and squats.
    Running because I hate it and everything is flopping around. It's gross and painful.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    <--- Lifts heavy. Smokin body.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Running sucks my will to live.

^This! My old aching knees want no part of it.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    <--- Lifts heavy. Smokin body.

Word.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Anything that I feel will cause a pull on my weak adductors. Seeing someone do mountain climbers make my butt pucker because I just know if I tried it I'd hurt myself and be out of commission for weeks.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I try to avoid this exercise.

bad-exercises.jpg

Heeeee!

I don't avoid lunges, but I don't give them my all because I hate them so much. I have pretty strong legs, but those just bug me.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    Oh, I nearly forgot. Those kettlebell swings and turkish getups are both definitely OUT because I actually just feel like a huge jack@ss doing them
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've just recently stopped avoiding all exercise other than holding the couch down. I'm changing, but I still don't like anything that involves going outside if the temperature is below 60 or above 75, or it is raining, or there are a lot of bugs. I don't like doing anything that involves smelling other people's sweat or hearing a lot of grunting. So that leaves exercise videos and walking, but only 2-3 months out of the year around here.
  • Fabfitgirl5
    Fabfitgirl5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid sweating in general, so that didn't leave me with many exercise options ...hence, the double chin. I hate cardio because I'm not fond of gasping for my air, so I've signed up for a local Yoga class. Wish me luck!:wink:

Ha, if it is a good yoga class you are going to sweat something fierce.
  • Focusedjessy
    Focusedjessy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sit ups! I really hate them and they make my lower back and tail bone sore.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't run because I never liked and now I can't because I have OA and torn cartilages in my knees. I don't lounge, unless is a fix lounge. I don't jump or squat with weights. I do wall or ball squats but not ATG, and sumo dead lifts wit dumbbells.

In general, I don't do any high/hard impact exercise because my knees hurt a lot if I do (almost bone to bone). Besides, those exercises are not allowed and are not recommended by my orthopedic doctor. The doctor also told me not to do step ups, aerobics or using a block, either. It sucks but I have to respect my body.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Zumba. I did it once and it was just silly. I don't know how people claim they burn 500-1000 calories during it. I might do it again if a friend dragged me, but I'd never go on my own.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    None although when I used to go to a gym that offered classes I always avoided the weight lifting ones but only because it would screw up the routine that I do during the week.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    For me possibly the downward dog movement in yoga it makes me a little light headed and things that cause my knees to hurt, I find stretching and lunges actually help but squats not so much, use to be just one knee now it both, guess it runs in the family.

Other than that trying not to hurt myself ,so lifting weights, don't want to injure myself . Im fun sized or vertically challenged under 5ft I once had a job that required to be able to lift 50 lbs well that didn't last long , if its a good day probably 25lbs at most or my daughters at once, so 25 lbs and 21 lbs . but its not the same as lifting a weight .
  • alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I avoid long distance running. No cardio over 30 minutes for me... deathly afraid of catabolism. Cannibalism too.
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The other day I decided to try to Clap Push-ups off of my knees. NOPE. Smashed my face right into the ground. Not trying those again for a while.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I avoid Clean and Press but not because I don't like it, just afraid of snap-city
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    anything that involves running, jumping, or squatting due to a medical issue