• nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Exercise bike. Hurts my butt.

This too!!
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I avoid squats, i do them occasionally but i'm so sore after squats and such that i can't do my running. so yes...i skip leg day
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Burpees.
    Hate them.
    HAAATTTEE THEEEMMM. :mad:
  • april92377
    april92377 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I know it's bad, but I have avoided weights for years. I love running, cycling, and anything cardio, but the thought of sitting there moving a chunk of metal around just doesn't see all that exciting to me.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting.
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Anything that bothers my torn rotator cuff - push ups on the floor (wall push ups are ok), burpees, skull crushers, stuff like that.
  • malibu5880
    malibu5880 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Lunges or squats. I was born without cartilage in my knees, so it basically hurts like crazy to do those types of exercises.

I don't avoid weight lifting/strength training, but I don't like to do it, so I rarely do, even though I know I should.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid this exercise.

bad-exercises.jpg

lol omg
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    That leg machine where you're pretty much doing flys but with your legs, squeezing your legs together.
  • SadFaerie
    SadFaerie Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I avoid Clean and Press but not because I don't like it, just afraid of snap-city

I was the same, also terribly afraid of snatches. Then I watched instructional videos on youtube and learned the proper form and grip and now I'm loving it.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Bicycle crunches.

Because when I do bicycle crunches I can hear and feel a clicking in my lower spine. The clicking freaks me out.
  • cats847
    cats847 Posts: 131
    Options
    I avoid any exercise for which a better alternative exists-- machines are the Devil's work. I stick to barbells and body weight exercise. I will also never do any long distance running, it's not relevant to my goals
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I avoid any exercise for which a better alternative exists-- machines are the Devil's work. I stick to barbells and body weight exercise. I will also never do any long distance running, it's not relevant to my goals

I read "It is not relevant to my goats"

and spent a few mins trying to figure out what "goats" referred to, in a slangy way that I'd never heard
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Swimming. I like to see where I'm going and I don't like going back and forth. For years I avoided any sort of weight training (I'm a runner), but I'm kind of embracing it lately; it's definitely helping keep injuries at bay. However, I do avoid doing squats with the barbells balanced on the back (forget about the plio ball) -- that seems too precarious for me.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I avoid exercises that I find so loathsome that it makes me sad to think about me doing them.
  • julesassid
    julesassid Posts: 49
    Options
    Zumba. I did it once and it was just silly. I don't know how people claim they burn 500-1000 calories during it. I might do it again if a friend dragged me, but I'd never go on my own.

Exactly. I honestly haven't tried, but I just can't do it, I think people look ridiculous doing it and I'm not gonna do it. I do everything else though try not to exclude anything.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I avoid anything I deem dangerous.

Presently, I'm avoiding trail running because I almost ran right up the bum of a mama bear and three cubs yesterday.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I avoid anything I deem dangerous.

Presently, I'm avoiding trail running because I almost ran right up the bum of a mama bear and three cubs yesterday.

Are mama bear and the cubs ok ? :)
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I pretty much avoid ALL EXERCISE by doctor's orders.

1 - With a degenerative foot condition to BOTH FEET called Charcot Neuropathy (The treatment if it worsens is surgery - Amputation to prevent whatever it really is from spreading) plus osteoarthritis and 8 other disabling problems in each foot
    2 - RIGHT KNEE, total knee replacement
    3 - LEFT KNEE, severe osteoarthritis
    4 - RIGHT SHOULDER, surgery and a remaining 3 disabling problems in need of further surgery plus osteoarthritis
    5 - LEFT SHOULDER. no surgery yet but 4 disabling problems in need of further surgery plus severe osteoarthritis
    6 - LEFT ELBOW - 3 prior (1 recent) surgeries but still a disability plus severe osteoarthritis
    7 - LEFT WRIST - Prior recent surgery and a disability plus severe osteoarthritis
    8 - RIGHT HAND - Prior multiple fractures plus severe osteoarthritis
    9 - NECK - Severe osteoarthritis
    10 - STOMACH - Major injuries and a disability
    11 - COPD
    12 - Asthma
    13 - Chronic, constant and severe pain

AND THIS IS ONLY A PARTIAL LIST from 12 years of US Army (Infantry) service

Even with that, 68 lbs. lost since April 3rd, 2013.

BUT you did not indicate your injuries but for the most part, yes work those exercises in at the earliest possible date but start out slowly. f you have serious concerns seek the advice of a doctor.

Good luck !