What Fast Food Restaurant have you never been too?

Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Where is there a Captain D's in KS?

Web site says there is one in Kansas City, KS but I have personally seen one in MO... and not eaten there.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    East coast, so no In n' Out burger here. Also passed by a lot of Cracker Barrels on a cross-country trip but never actually ate there (but used the restroom).

More interestingly, we found a Long John Silvers in Pennsylvania once and had never been. One big plate of beige, greasy food! Eep.

And IHOP > Waffle House.

Went to Long John Silver for supper tonight, love their onion rings!
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    In-n-out, Five Guys, Slim Chickens (just opened nearby). Probably more that's only available on the west coast - I've got the south, central, and east parts of the US pretty much covered, LOL.

I wish I'd never been to Panda Express (yuck).

Stop whatever you're doing and go to Five Guys. Right. Now. Absolutely freakin' awesome!

Op-I eat fast food several times a week and there's nothing in our area that I haven't tried yet. Favorites are Arbys, Five Guys, Checkers and Subway. Sonic and A&W drive-in are also fun in the summer, we take our classic car that has a convertible top and the kids sit up on the back area to eat :)

Get them to knock down the calories on those burgers and I might go.

If I'm spending 500+ calories on a burger, I'm going to my current favorite burger joint which is most definitely NOT fast food. Or chain food.

To be honest, though, I'm not all that big on burgers anymore.

I don't get a burger there, love their grilled cheese sandwich with onions, tomato and mayo. I always split a fry with hubby, the portions are huge!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    kfc
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Pretty much whatever's not here...In n Out, Jack in the Box (there's one about 45 miles away that I pass on my way to Cincinnati), Popeyes.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Arby's- I want to try the venison burger, don't live in a state that sells it
    In and Out- They're in Texas, but not in Houston!
    Of the places I see around here frequently- Popeyes, Schlotzsky's, and A&W

The atmosphere of Five Guys really turns me off, Smash Burgers is the better fast casual burger place.

There's a place called Verts I'd recommend if you live in Texas.

I was so excited about Smashburger, then I could feel the sodium in my body for 2 days! So, no more for me. To be fair, I haven't been back to Five Guys in 4 years either and most fast food places do the same to me now (Popeyes was bad too).
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Pretty much whatever's not here...In n Out, Jack in the Box (there's one about 45 miles away that I pass on my way to Cincinnati), Popeyes.
    I have never liked Jack in the Box.

Add Waffle House to places I've never been

• ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Here's a list of a few medium to large fast food chains that I don't think have been mentioned.

Subway
    Wendy's
    Baja Fresh
    Skyline Chili
    Whataburger
    Pita Pit
    Boston Market
    Noodles & Company
    Penn Station
    Moe's Southwest Grill
    Carl's Jr.
    Zaxby's
    Rally's
    Firehouse Subs
    Potbelly Sandwich Shop
    Quiznos
    Raising Caine’s
    Wingstop
    McAlister's Deli
  • ModernRock
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    I have lived in arizona, SF, Portland, and now San Diego so I have always has access to all fast foods. I grew up with in n out so i always thought other people did too lol. Jimmy Johns isnt here yet and i miss it soooo much. its the BEST!

In-n-Out is only in California, Nevada, Texas, Utah, and Arizona.
    https://www.in-n-out.com/pdf/locations_printable.pdf
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Most of them I believe? I've never been a fast food fiend. It would be easier to list fast food places I have been to: McDonald's, Little Caesar, Pizza Hut (last time about 4 years ago), Burger king (last time about 12 years ago), TGI Fridays (once) and Subway (once). I also had a few deliveries from KFC back in college during exams and haven't had it since.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    ModernRock wrote: »
    Here's a list of a few medium to large fast food chains that I don't think have been mentioned.

Subway
    Wendy's
    Baja Fresh
    Skyline Chili
    Whataburger
    Pita Pit
    Boston Market
    Noodles & Company
    Penn Station
    Moe's Southwest Grill
    Carl's Jr.
    Zaxby's
    Rally's
    Firehouse Subs
    Potbelly Sandwich Shop
    Quiznos
    Raising Caine’s
    Wingstop
    McAlister's Deli

never been to any of these except subway
  • malibu927
    Options

Subway
    Wendy's
    Baja Fresh
    Skyline Chili
    Whataburger
    Pita Pit
    Boston Market
    Noodles & Company
    Penn Station
    Moe's Southwest Grill
    Carl's Jr.
    Zaxby's
    Rally's
    Firehouse Subs
    Potbelly Sandwich Shop
    Quiznos
    Raising Caine’s
    Wingstop
    McAlister's Deli
    Thank you for listing Skyline and not the vastly inferior Gold Star Chili :)

The only ones on here that I haven't been to and are in my area are McAlisters, Firehouse Subs, and Noodles and Company.
  • ModernRock
    Options

Apparently the region around Cincinnati is so crazy about their version of chili they can support two different chains.

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    A lot of them, especially the ones that have sprung up since I was diagnosed with celiac. I just don't bother messing with cross contamination possibilities.

It would be easier to list the ones I have been to in the past, like McD's. Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell (just once, never again), Arby's, Roy Rogers back when they were still around, KFC, and Pizza Hut.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Had Arby's yesterday for lunch, and Chick-fil-a for dinner!

I don't think most of the places on that list are in KS because I've never seen to been to one.
  • malibu927
    Options

Apparently the region around Cincinnati is so crazy about their version of chili they can support two different chains.

Yep. I live 60 miles away in Dayton and they're pretty much everywhere.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A
    Dairy Queen
    Red Robin
    Sonic
    Jack in the Box
    Crystal's
    In Out Burger
    Golden Krust (West Indian fast food)
    Joe's Crab Shack
    Dennys

Either these places aren't near me or there's only one and it's way way out in the boondocks.

Btw, I miss Roy Rogers. Best roast beef and cheese sandwich and curly fries ever.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Panda Express, Zaxby's, In'n'Out, Jack in the Box..
    I've eaten White Castle before, but I've never actually been to the restaurant or bought anything myself, so don't know if that counts..
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    I have lived in arizona, SF, Portland, and now San Diego so I have always has access to all fast foods. I grew up with in n out so i always thought other people did too lol. Jimmy Johns isnt here yet and i miss it soooo much. its the BEST!

In-n-Out is only in California, Nevada, Texas, Utah, and Arizona.
    https://www.in-n-out.com/pdf/locations_printable.pdf

obviously i am aware of that fact. As i said as a child growing up in arizona i assumed everyone had it thus being surprised over the obsession.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Here's something I thought of, I've never had "real" Chinese takeout.