Why is everyone on this site so mean?

Options

Replies

• parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    If you want sympathy, I show you sympathy........you'll find it in the dictionary between "****" and "syphalis".

My dictionary doesn't have "syphalis". :frown:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    HEY GUYS! YOU ARE TOTALLY MISSING WHAT'S IMPORTANT.

someone around here has tater tots... and i want some.

haters-gonna-hate-taters.gif

Shhh. Don't tell anyone, but I don't like tater tots.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    If you want sympathy, I show you sympathy........you'll find it in the dictionary between "****" and "syphalis".

Mine either. Maybe our dictionary is out-dated?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Seriously??? Tell your buddies to suck it up and quit whining. If they hear something that's uncomfortable to hear, it's most likely something they NEED to hear. This site isn't supposed to be all "rah-rah, you're awesome" when someone eats like crap and doesn't exercise. Well, maybe some people are like that but they are part of the problem. If your friends want to make progress, tell them to listen to people that get on them for eating tater tots and being unhealthy. Those people are the solution; the enablers are the problem.

Hmmm you seem hangry. Have a cookie. :flowerforyou:

tumblr_mc4ngpyXvS1rz20dio3_250_zpsf8aaa67e.gif

I like cookies.

Who doesn't?

Actually I have a friend who doesn't, but she's dead inside.

Your friend doesn't like cookies??? Does she get mad if you tell her she's certifiably insane?

She just rolls her eyes at me. That's actually an exchange we have often.

Hold her down and shove Oreos down her throat. It's good for her. She'll thank you later. Or you two could just have a pillow fight about it and giggle a lot. That would be ok too.

I thought we were talking about cookes here, and someone had to go bring up Oreos. Let's keep it to respectable cookies.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options

YEAH CUZ BACON IZ HILARIOUS !!!! LOLZ !!!

CANNOT GET ENOUGH BACON JOKES ON HERE !!! YAY !!! LOLZ !!!

U GUYZ EVER EET NUT BUTTER ?!?!?! LOLZ !!!

Am I sensing some insincerity here?

I normally wouldn't care, but - I feel compelled to defend the bacon. The bacon is the innocent party here.
    The bacon was enveloping tater tots; ergo it was relevant. :flowerforyou:

@OP -- Yup, mean people are mean. And sometimes, especially online, people come across as mean without, uh, meaning to. And some folks are very, very helpful -- and there are cliques, bullies, jokers, BFFs, and boors just like (insert your favorite traumatic formative era here). At the end of the day, they're (we're) all just random strangers on the Internet. For folks who have or can grow a thick skin, it's not that big a deal. Ya makes yer post and ya takes yer chances, and sort out the responses you like from the ones that bug you, just like in real life. Only difference between online meanness and real-world meanness is that online meanness is often easier to ignore or walk away from, since you never actually see or hear the ones online.
    /mostlyseriousinterlude :ohwell:
    Now back to important matters.
    tater-tots.jpg
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Maybe Webster was embarrassed.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    ...because when people can hide behind a screen name they get ballsy.

Nah. Even when my screen name was my real name, I was mean,
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    hi.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    hi.
    yes.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    hi.
    yes.

ok
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Many people on this forum believe that successfully losing weight grants them the right to be pretentious little pricks.
  • parys1
    Options

Could be, considering how quickly language is changing. Google is a now a verb.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that one became a jock strap when they signed up for this site.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    Seriously??? Tell your buddies to suck it up and quit whining. If they hear something that's uncomfortable to hear, it's most likely something they NEED to hear. This site isn't supposed to be all "rah-rah, you're awesome" when someone eats like crap and doesn't exercise. Well, maybe some people are like that but they are part of the problem. If your friends want to make progress, tell them to listen to people that get on them for eating tater tots and being unhealthy. Those people are the solution; the enablers are the problem.

Hmmm you seem hangry. Have a cookie. :flowerforyou:

tumblr_mc4ngpyXvS1rz20dio3_250_zpsf8aaa67e.gif

I like cookies.

Who doesn't?

Actually I have a friend who doesn't, but she's dead inside.

Your friend doesn't like cookies??? Does she get mad if you tell her she's certifiably insane?

She just rolls her eyes at me. That's actually an exchange we have often.

Hold her down and shove Oreos down her throat. It's good for her. She'll thank you later. Or you two could just have a pillow fight about it and giggle a lot. That would be ok too.

I thought we were talking about cookes here, and someone had to go bring up Oreos. Let's keep it to respectable cookies.

Oreos are poison. I prefer to stick to REAL cookies like peanut butter dipped in chocolate.
  • MargaretSans
    MargaretSans Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    unkind-words-hunger-someecards.jpg

lol so funny i always get Hangry
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Because sugar is poison.

As is arificial sweetener, and diet soda.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Yeah. I think Webster spelled it wrong. In my dictionary he spelled it Syphilis. SIlly Noah!
  • parys1
    Options

Yeah. I think Webster spelled it wrong. In my dictionary he spelled it Syphilis. SIlly Noah!

I'll have to go check Merriam. There may be an epidemic of misspellings.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Many people on this forum believe that successfully losing weight grants them the right to be pretentious little pricks.

Most of the pretentious pricks were probably the same way prior to losing the weight.

I haven't run across many of the mean people on this site and I have never had anyone comment on anything in my food diary, so I can't relate. Frankly I wouldn't give a *kitten* if someone did have something negative to say because, well, I'm an adult.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    Because sugar is poison.

As is arificial sweetener, and diet soda.

And Oreos.