How many steps do you take per day

Options
Also what do you use to track your steps?

Replies

• lovetem
    lovetem Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Also what do you use to track your steps?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch -average 16k per day.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at my average for November. It's 4500 so far. I have some health issues so I don't walk everyday. I use fitbit and a pedometer app as fitbit counts every step, not just the meaningful ones.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I get between 15-20k steps a day. I have a Fitbit Alta which i have synced with mfp.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I recently cut back my cardio to focus more on lifting. 15K ish. I have a Fitbit.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I get between 15-20k steps a day. I have a Fitbit Alta which i have synced with mfp. I want to start cutting it down a bit though, as the more i walk the harder it is to reign my appetite in, and i want to eat much more than i burn.
  • Baddogbeanie
    Baddogbeanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    On a good day about 13,000, my average though is 7,800. I use the Garmin Vivosmart HR. I love it.. Ihave noo connections on it yet though (still a newbie)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky if i hit 3-4k and that's usually from purposeful exercise. I too have health issues. I use a Garmin Vivoactive.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I have a fitbit and average 70,000 steps a day.

(But I have no life and like to eat. :))

How the?! Even on holiday when i was walking for hours I maxed at about 25k!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

How on earth do you do that?
  • Charlot4444
    Charlot4444 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    26, 000 average

30k weekdays (work mostly) I walk a lot

16k ish weekends.
  • Christine_72
    Options

I have no life either lol But the most I've ever hit is 35,000. You have to share with the class how you get so many steps, and how long does it take you? :lol:
  • VintageFeline
    Options

I have no life either lol But the most I've ever hit is 35,000. You have to share with the class how you get so many steps, and how long does it take you? :lol:

I'd have to get up in the morning and just start walking, all day every day. Imagine the eats though............
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options

Wow!! I average around 8,000. (Fitbit) Even on a cruise a few months ago, I don't think I came close to what you do and we walked a lot. Impressive!
  • Christine_72
    Options

I'd have to get up in the morning and just start walking, all day every day. Imagine the eats though............

Yep, that's pretty much what i have to do to get over 30,000, and there's no way i could keep it up every single day.

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    35 miles a day? wow, some sort of practice for the PCT?
  • texasleahgirl
    texasleahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    15,000 per day with a desk job. I do lots of circles around the conference table. I use a FitBit Charge HR
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Use fitbit (charge HR until a few weeks ago and Charge 2 now) and avg 55,000 a week. Down a bit from summer where I was about 66k per week (doing a lot less cardio now). Hoping to up that with the new indoor walking track opening up near me :)