judgement in the shopping line at walmart

Options

Replies

• operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Before I get a whole lot of "I smoke don't judge me" I'm not. I could care less what someone else does to their bodies, my point was if I could care less about what goes in her body, why should she be able to judge me about what goes into mine?
    So the point of this story is that you're confused by the fact that people are hypocritical?

I don't understand the question, "why should she be able to judge me." Are you suggesting that some authority should act to control the private thoughts of everyone?

nope, the point of the story was to ask why is health only important if it effects the aesthetic appeal. But thanks for commenting.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Wait. You saw a fit person in the wal mart? :huh:
  • operation_cute
    Options
    Wait. You saw a fit person in the wal mart? :huh:

:laugh:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Before I get a whole lot of "I smoke don't judge me" I'm not. I could care less what someone else does to their bodies, my point was if I could care less about what goes in her body, why should she be able to judge me about what goes into mine?
    So the point of this story is that you're confused by the fact that people are hypocritical?

I don't understand the question, "why should she be able to judge me." Are you suggesting that some authority should act to control the private thoughts of everyone?

nope, the point of the story was to ask why is health only important if it effects the aesthetic appeal. But thanks for commenting.

Yavelcome, and may the Schwartz be witchya.:happy:
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    what kind of a degenerate buys groceries at china mart?

I'm fairly confident that the groceries don't come from China...

Mandarin oranges do...

But that might have been obvious... :bigsmile:
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options

...and I'm judging the Op for saying "could care less".

It's "couldn't care less". "Could care less" means just what it says...

actually it is either way, could care less is meant to be sarcastic.

See, I told you someone would judge my post. ;)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

The judger is wrong. Just because people use the incorrect expression doesn't mean it's now correct.

"Could care less" means you could, in fact care less and therefore, you do, in fact, care.

WORDS MEAN THINGS!!!!
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    ok I dont know anything about Walmart Im assuming its like Lidl or Aldi here! Now this girl was being very rude brush that off some people are obnoxious thats life,but I do think you might have been feeling a little touch guilty about what was in your Trolley and that is why this effects you,Im not suggesting you should be,but Ill bet if your trolley was full of fresh fruit and veg ect you wouldnt have felt so offended!either way none of her business what you buy and people will alway be rude! As long as you and your family are healthy thats all that matters!
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    ... I'd also like to point out, that I know I didn't KNOW EXACTLY what they were thinking

I think that's all that really needs to be said on the subject.
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    Judgement of others is pure insecurity, she was really just showing that she doesn't feel good about herself.
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    ok I dont know anything about Walmart Im assuming its like Lidl or Aldi here! Now this girl was being very rude brush that off some people are obnoxious thats life,but I do think you might have been feeling a little touch guilty about what was in your Trolley and that is why this effects you,Im not suggesting you should be,but Ill bet if your trolley was full of fresh fruit and veg ect you wouldnt have felt so offended!either way none of her business what you buy and people will alway be rude! As long as you and your family are healthy thats all that matters!

Walmart owns ASDA, so they are similiar, but nothing really compares to Walmart anywhere else in the world.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Why give this person power over your life? Who cares? She's not buying your food.

And yes, you're giving her power by allowing her more than a seconds thought in your mind. Move on.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    ok I dont know anything about Walmart

www.peopleofwalmart.com

You're welcome.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    what kind of a degenerate buys groceries at china mart?

I'm fairly confident that the groceries don't come from China...

You bought seafood there lately? Just don't read the package fine print

I have to dodge this same issue in my grocery store too...but I'm also fairly picky about my seafood/fish. Once I eliminate the farm raised, and the high mercury, it usually leaves me with just the sockeye salmon as a "choice".

But to answer the question, no, I don't think I've ever bought seafood from Walmart.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Interesting.

Wrong, but interesting.
  • operation_cute
    Options
    I think everone kind of missed the main point of what I originally posted.... I'm not devastated she judged me because goodness knows I see that everywhere, thats a part of life. My main point was that I do not understand why people are only concerened with health, if it only shows on the outside. My un healthy habits (or so she assumed) are no worse than her un healthy habits (more than likely less un healthy because I'm personally at low risk) my un healthy habits don't harm others around me, just me (if it was actually hurting me) So my point in the jundgement, is why does it only matter when it has to do with aesthetics? The part that bugs me most is that so many people in this world revolve everything around looks, and now I'm seeing that even applies to health. I think this is sad. She is not the first person to judge my shopping cart. However she is the first person I withnessed outside the store doing worse than me after. This was just realization that people care about aesthetics way to much.

I was in great shape in high school (sports, lifted, swam, ect) and I was the one who made people feel good about who they were, and the bodies they we're in. So it drives me crazy when, first I see it in the forums, people saying things like 'only fat/ugly people say that' or just as bad the ones who claim they can judge others and say its because of their 'health' and then to see it being directly effected to me the other night.

And to respond to all those who say 'everyone judges' 'you've judged' yes you're right, I have, but I judge on things that matter, like when my friends nieces we're being abused, I judged the kid's parents harshly, that's a good time to judge, but to judge over little things that are none of people's business? no. I prefer to worry about my own life.

Go ahead and comment about my spelling errors, if I didn't word something properly, or didn't use proper punctuation. Doesn't bother me, just shows me how petty people really are :flowerforyou: I didn't submit this to an english professor, and I'm not going to proof read it like I did.
  • operation_cute
    Options

The judger is wrong. Just because people use the incorrect expression doesn't mean it's now correct.

"Could care less" means you could, in fact care less and therefore, you do, in fact, care.

WORDS MEAN THINGS!!!!

edit: nevermind, it wasn't worth it.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    My main point was that I do not understand why people are only concerened with health, if it only shows on the outside. My un healthy habits (or so she assumed) are no worse than her un healthy habits (more than likely less un healthy because I'm personally at low risk) my un healthy habits don't harm others around me, just me (if it was actually hurting me) So my point in the jundgement, is why does it only matter when it has to do with aesthetics? The part that bugs me most is that so many people in this world revolve everything around looks, and now I'm seeing that even applies to health. I think this is sad. She is not the first person to judge my shopping cart. However she is the first person I withnessed outside the store doing worse than me after. This was just realization that people care about aesthetics way to much.

You're still assuming the fit people gave a crap what was in your cart. Maybe they laughed at the boxes, maybe they didn't. But they most certainly didn't care. That's the one thing you can be sure of - they did not care what was in your cart, even if they laughed at it.

Then you assume the fit people pay a lot of attention to what they eat. Maybe they've just always been active. Maybe they eat whatever the f'k they want, because they can. You have no idea. Maybe their next stop is cheeseburgers and blow.

And they smoke. They know it's bad for them. Maybe they're trying to quit. Maybe not. You don't know them at all. It's pointless to create some sort of make believe scenario about what two random people care about, and how that's depressing, when you literally know nothing about what they care about.
  • operation_cute
    Options
    My main point was that I do not understand why people are only concerened with health, if it only shows on the outside. My un healthy habits (or so she assumed) are no worse than her un healthy habits (more than likely less un healthy because I'm personally at low risk) my un healthy habits don't harm others around me, just me (if it was actually hurting me) So my point in the jundgement, is why does it only matter when it has to do with aesthetics? The part that bugs me most is that so many people in this world revolve everything around looks, and now I'm seeing that even applies to health. I think this is sad. She is not the first person to judge my shopping cart. However she is the first person I withnessed outside the store doing worse than me after. This was just realization that people care about aesthetics way to much.

You're still assuming the fit people gave a crap what was in your cart. Maybe they laughed at the boxes, maybe they didn't. But they most certainly didn't care. That's the one thing you can be sure of - they did not care what was in your cart, even if they laughed at it.

Then you assume the fit people pay a lot of attention to what they eat. Maybe they've just always been active. Maybe they eat whatever the f'k they want, because they can. You have no idea. Maybe their next stop is cheeseburgers and blow.

And they smoke. They know it's bad for them. Maybe they're trying to quit. Maybe not. You don't know them at all. It's pointless to create some sort of make believe scenario about what two random people care about, and how that's depressing, when you literally know nothing about what they care about.

If you had read my original post you would have seen I also pointed out they not only looked at my cart, they looked at me, and very obviously rolled their eyes.

as per my post "Well we were in line, and this really fit girl turns looks at me, looks at our cart litterally rolls her eyes"

And btw you are assuming they didn't care what was in my cart based on something you read. I on the other hand assume they did care about what was in my cart by how they acted right in front of me.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options

WORDS MEAN THINGS!!!!

I know she's wrong. She also missed my point. (as did the OP in a post further down).
    But that's okay. Unlike someone who claims to not care, yet drives home, puts food away, eats dinner and then takes the time to come to a forum and post about it; I really don't care. lol

As another poster said, unless the OP is psychic, she has no idea what the people were whispering and giggling about. So as staunchly as she claims this is a non issue for her, it is clearly an issue. But that's okay too. I hope she finds solace in in making her assumption "righter" than the gigglers.