Let's talk about your strategy for remaining in maintenance this Christmas?

Options
1235»

Replies

• DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on maintaining, I will weigh less on January 1st. I eat keto so Xmas is a breeze.
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My annual mindset is to weigh the same on Jan 2nd as I did the day before Thanksgiving. For me, it's not just two days, it's work events, parties, out to eat, etc. So I aim for being OP 80/20, but keeping my 12K steps every day regardless.

This year I scored a weight loss buddy here and we've been doing a challenge that started 10/31 and ended today. Keeping accountable helps in this time I call "The Bermuda Triangle of Holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day).
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Uh I feel you. Free food at work and big Italian dinner tonight and traditional dinner tomorrow. Think I'll just drop to a 250 deficit for awhile after new years
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I hit maintenance in September. 2 weeks holiday in Orlando WDW and Universal October/November. Chrismas season! I feel properly challenged. Glad it went relatively well and not too hard either but happy to have few months with no vacations or big holidays ahead!

How did it go for you?
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'm doing .5 a week every day but holidays
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've accepted that I usually gain 1-3lbs over the holiday season. Tough to determine how much is water retention from excess carbs and higher sodium intake. Probably half of the 1-3lbs.

Still keep active and stick to usual meal routine outside dinners/deserts/holiday treats. Takes a couple days in January to get used to eating less again and I'm usually back to weight I was before the holidays by later in the month.
  • sgarrand
    sgarrand Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Christmas was kind of a disaster for me but I've backed down off of where I was. I've been maintaining for over 2 years. January 12th is actually my 3 year anniversary of when I started.

To be honest, from Thanksgiving on was a disaster but really it's all just a series of excuses. I didn't have to overeat on Thanksgiving or when my brother died or the work potluck but I did and I'm back on track.
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    sgarrand wrote: »
    Christmas was kind of a disaster for me but I've backed down off of where I was. I've been maintaining for over 2 years. January 12th is actually my 3 year anniversary of when I started.

To be honest, from Thanksgiving on was a disaster but really it's all just a series of excuses. I didn't have to overeat on Thanksgiving or when my brother died or the work potluck but I did and I'm back on track.

sorry for your loss.