cake yes or no?

Options
Guys winter is coming, winter is knocking! and am munching on more sweets than ever :( please I need professional advice. Is having it for breakfast good or will make me gain fat? since I was little I used to have something sweet as soon as I wake up so is it wrong or what? thank you :))) <3

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    You can have some cake if you want it and it fits into your day. I sometimes have a cookie with my coffee, NBD.
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Does it fit your calories? Do you like it? Do you meet your other nutritional goals the test of the day? If yes to all then eat cake. If no, then find a way to make it work or don't eat cake.

Sometimes I don't have time to count cals but cake is essential everyday :D thank you so much for answering :)
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    You can have some cake if you want it and it fits into your day. I sometimes have a cookie with my coffee, NBD.

whoa I love you!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Does it fit your calories? Do you like it? Do you meet your other nutritional goals the test of the day? If yes to all then eat cake. If no, then find a way to make it work or don't eat cake.

This ^^

For me personally, I like to have sweets later in the day since eating sweets in the mornings seem to make me crave more later, but that's me. There isn't anything special or magical about the timing. Weight gain/loss all about the calories overall, so if you want cake in the morning, have at it!
    I'm a cake decorator as a hobby...I love cake too! Gimme all the cake! Lol
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    It's not necessarily bad to have cake for breakfast. But what happens at lunch? Do you devour everything in sight? Or can you not wait for lunch and wind up snacking all morning?

If it fits your goals and doesn't screw up the rest of your day putting you over your calorie goal, go for it. If not, don't.

Eta: wow, you guys are fast.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    It's not necessarily bad to have cake for breakfast. But what happens at lunch? Do you devour everything in sight? Or can you not wait for lunch and wind up snacking all morning?

If it fits your goals and doesn't screw up the rest of your day putting you over your calorie goal, go for it. If not, don't.

Hmmmm actually am craving more for brunch yea :o
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You gain weight if you eat more calories than is needed to maintain your current weight. Those calories can be from cake, broccoli, oatmeal, chicken- any food or drink you consume that has calories.

I personally don't find cake very filling or nutritious for the amount of calories so I would not eat something like cake for breakfast every single day. It is up to you how you want to use your calories.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

Hmmmm actually am craving more for brunch yea :o

Then the question is, is that affecting your goals?
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    You gain weight if you eat more calories than is needed to maintain your current weight. Those calories can be from cake, broccoli, oatmeal, chicken- any food or drink you consume that has calories.

I personally don't find cake very filling or nutritious for the amount of calories so I would not eat something like cake for breakfast every single day. It is up to you how you want to use your calories.

omg the first sentence is horrifying :o
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

am having it usually with milk, but may you give me other insights? (sweet please :P)
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    my dearest here, the problem is my sweet tooth hits in the morning and before going to sleep :'( I want to cure this
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Takes some bran cereal, and compress it into the form of a cake. Add a candle and skim milk. Enjoy.

love love love <3
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

omg the first sentence is horrifying :o

I'm not sure if you are serious? If so, I suggest spending some time reading the stickies "Most Helpful Posts" at the top of each forum section as I think a basic understanding of calories as they pertain to energy balance would be helpful for you.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Sometimes I don't have time to count cals but cake is essential everyday :D thank you so much for answering :)

It literally takes me ten minutes to log everything I eat. If you don't have time, why not prelog the night before?

Also, I'm having cake tonight, and again next week, within my calories.

so am I invited? ;)