cake yes or no?

Options

Replies

• muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    It's not necessarily bad to have cake for breakfast. But what happens at lunch? Do you devour everything in sight? Or can you not wait for lunch and wind up snacking all morning?

If it fits your goals and doesn't screw up the rest of your day putting you over your calorie goal, go for it. If not, don't.

Eta: wow, you guys are fast.

Hmmmm actually am craving more for brunch yea :o

Then the question is, is that affecting your goals?

my goal is to to lose much this year but I don't wanna be harsh on myself so...
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    You gain weight if you eat more calories than is needed to maintain your current weight. Those calories can be from cake, broccoli, oatmeal, chicken- any food or drink you consume that has calories.

I personally don't find cake very filling or nutritious for the amount of calories so I would not eat something like cake for breakfast every single day. It is up to you how you want to use your calories.

omg the first sentence is horrifying :o

I'm not sure if you are serious? If so, I suggest spending some time reading the stickies "Most Helpful Posts" at the top of each forum section as I think a basic understanding of calories as they pertain to energy balance would be helpful for you.

ok though your name is cool :D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Does it fit your calories? Do you like it? Do you meet your other nutritional goals the test of the day? If yes to all then eat cake. If no, then find a way to make it work or don't eat cake.

Sometimes I don't have time to count cals but cake is essential everyday :D thank you so much for answering :)

So why are you asking the question when that is your answer anyway?
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    The question isn't yes or no. It's how much and what flavor? ;)

ahahahaaaa orange homemade cake, ;) and two pieces :D so bingo?
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    Does it fit your calories? Do you like it? Do you meet your other nutritional goals the test of the day? If yes to all then eat cake. If no, then find a way to make it work or don't eat cake.

Sometimes I don't have time to count cals but cake is essential everyday :D thank you so much for answering :)

So why are you asking the question when that is your answer anyway?

why starting a quarrel?
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I love having pastries with my coffee in the morning. The key is portion control so as long as it fits in your calories. I have been making my coffee at home instead of going to McDonalds. Cheaper and healthier :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    clarkeje1 wrote: »
    I love having pastries with my coffee in the morning. The key is portion control so as long as it fits in your calories. I have been making my coffee at home instead of going to McDonalds. Cheaper and healthier :)

What's unhealthy about McDonalds coffee?

they even sell mcdonalds coffee in the stores now,I too want to know how its less healthy than other coffee
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

more sugar?
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

cool <3
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

more sugar?

you can add your own sugar or not.if you ask for it black they will give it to you black. coffee doesnt contain sugar unless you add sugar,
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

more sugar?

McDonald's sells plain black coffee and adding sugar at home isn't any less caloric than having a McDonald's employee add it.

maybe we love the concept of 'homemade' we think it is cozier <3
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    Been there done that back in July. Is that you Knightride48?

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10428900/cake-y-or-n/p1

ahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol by god it wasn't me LOL man!
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,762 MFP Moderator
    Options

more sugar?

I think they only add sugar if you ask for it. I agree on the cheaper comment. Maybe they meant healthier as in no risk of binging on egg mcmuffins while enjoying the coffee??
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

more sugar?

McDonald's sells plain black coffee and adding sugar at home isn't any less caloric than having a McDonald's employee add it.

maybe we love the concept of 'homemade' we think it is cozier <3

That seems like an odd association for a cup of coffee, especially when the poster said nothing about "cozier" they said "cheaper and healthier".