what are your thoughts on green tea extract?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    My layman's understanding is that for every study that shows green tea affects cancer, there is another that shows no effect. And since science is about a preponderance of evidence, one study doesn't actually show anything.

Also I think @PaulaWallaDingDong question is important.

I love green tea and drink it every day. I hope that it has some health properties, as traditional cultures that drink a lot of green tea seem to show, and as long as I like a food or drink I think it makes sense to include it in my diet if it has anecdotal benefits, I'm a firm believer in trying to stack the deck. But it's a hope, not a known thing.

Having said all that, thanks for posting that @rks581 . I think the ways experiments get done is fascinating, and it's awesome how that experience set you on your path!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    My layman's understanding is that for every study that shows green tea affects cancer, there is another that shows no effect. And since science is about a preponderance of evidence, one study doesn't actually show anything.

Also I think @PaulaWallaDingDong question is important.

I love green tea and drink it every day. I hope that it has some health properties, as traditional cultures that drink a lot of green tea seem to show, and as long as I like a food or drink I think it makes sense to include it in my diet if it has anecdotal benefits, I'm a firm believer in trying to stack the deck. But it's a hope, not a known thing.

Having said all that, thanks for posting that @rks581 . I think the ways experiments get done is fascinating, and it's awesome how that experience set you on your path!

True, the only way to determine any concrete results would be to preform a meta analysis of all pre existing studies involving green tea extract and cancer provention. The more the merrier

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Total thread hijack. Went from fat loss to kitkat obsession. I love watching bro science threads implode on themselves

Nothing cheers me up more on my lunch break! :smiley: