Kids!!

13»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Self control is something you can work on, just throw their leftovers out right away...
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    I'm reading all the advice here because, I hear ya. I do really well when I am at work all day and I eat what I pack and have room for a good dinner and even desert after. But when I'm home with the kids on the weekends, I'm usually fine until they're into their snack and then my body tells me I'm hungry, too, and I have an unplanned snack, or two, or three. I record every regretted bite, but those are the days I go over my calorie goal. I'm short and close to my goal, so I don't have much wiggle room. I think I could set an absolute rule about snack time and stick to it for awhile, but I have tried to avoid making cut and dried rules for myself that I will eventually break and feel ashamed about, setting off a chain reaction that has kept me from maintaining weight loss in the past...
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    I also should say that I have a toddler and my diary is full of logs like .25 slice of whole wheat toast and a tsp of peanut butter (yes I know I don't weigh but it works for me so shhh), or two strawberries...it's not so terrible to eat their leftovers so long as you remember to log them.