Beginning Again at Age 50 and 5'3"...

Options
124»

Replies

• Heart_Fit
    Heart_Fit Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I too am starting again :) I'm 60, 5'4" and did really well with WW in the past. Since they changed the program I have been almost floating in nowhere land, so I am beginning again with MFP. I have 10 ish to lose. I had been active, and will return to exercise as soon as the holiday season is over. I own a men's clothing store here in Italy and it's open 7 days a week till Christmas. I am getting in the steps, but not formal exercise. Is there a 50+ group where anyone posts for a bit more accountability?

Two groups I know of here on MFP:

Mature Adults support, motivation and sharing 55 +

OVER 50 GROUP

Neither one is super active, the first-listed possibly slightly more active - but both will be more active if some of y'all get in there & stir things up. ;)

Thanks!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    5-7". I'm 51. I lost 70 pounds in 2016 to hit my goal and maintained the last 4 months of the year. I've decided I need to lose 10-15 more to get the look I'm after. I'm okay with it taking the better part of 2017 with a goal of 1 pound per month. At the same time, I'm increasing the load on my weights by 1 pound a week. So if that works, my bench press could go from 75 to 125 and my weight from 150 to 135. Nice goals.
  • Heart_Fit
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    5-7". I'm 51. I lost 70 pounds in 2016 to hit my goal and maintained the last 4 months of the year. I've decided I need to lose 10-15 more to get the look I'm after. I'm okay with it taking the better part of 2017 with a goal of 1 pound per month. At the same time, I'm increasing the load on my weights by 1 pound a week. So if that works, my bench press could go from 75 to 125 and my weight from 150 to 135. Nice goals.

Sounds like you have a great plan...keep moving forward and never give up..
  • Heart_Fit
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »

Nice!
  • Heart_Fit
    Options
    I'm 46 at 4'10" and 128. I need to lose 25 lbs so I COMPLETELY understand your struggle! But as you can see, you're not alone. Stay positive and you will lose the weight. We all know how, it's just a matter of perseverance and knowing that WEIGHT LOSS = 80% Diet + 20% Exercise.

Sending you a friend request. :)

Hope all is well with you.